Best PB running back we've ever had?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
All this talk about who the best pass blocking running back on the team is got me wondering, who's the best you've ever seen in a Rams uniform? SJ, IMO is was at the top of the RB food chain pass blocking wise in his last few years here. Thoughts?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marshall Faulk...bar none for me. Maybe the best pass blocking feature HB in NFL history.

Alan

Legend
I'm not a long time Ram fan and since I think MF was better than SJ, I guess it has to be MF.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Faulk was great he was always able to read it and get there some times when it seemed to be a sure sack. I loved the game that SJ put Willis on his butt at the goal line as Sam threw a TD but body of work I have to give it to MF

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
SJ was stronger but MF was such a student of the game, he knew when some else missed their assignment and he would pick it up so Warner could get of the pass. Hands down, MF. IMO

SierraRam

Recreational User
IMO, it's between Dickerson and Faulk... tough call!

1. Faulk
2. Dickerson
3. Jackson
4. McCutcheon
5. Bass

nanotech

Rookie
All this talk about who the best pass blocking running back on the team is got me wondering, who's the best you've ever seen in a Rams uniform? SJ, IMO is was at the top of the RB food chain pass blocking wise in his last few years here. Thoughts?

When mattered, Marshall

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Faulk was head and shoulders above Jackson. Jackson turned out to be a decent blocker but it was far from the strength of his game...furthermore he had only developed his pass blocking ability later in his time in St.louis...much of his early criticism was his ineffectiveness blocking. I'm sure there were more than a few RB in the Rams history better than he.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lawrence McCutcheon.

For reals.

Funny, I never paid attention to that part of his game.

Same here. Even though I have been a Ram fan forever, I just don't think that was something that was paid much attention until passing became such a huge part of the game. As much of a McCutcheon fan as I am, I honestly didn't pay that much attention to that aspect of his or any RBs game. I'll take your word for it though Paulie. McCutcheon was always one of my faves back in the day. What a stud.

I will still have to say Marshall though because of his craftiness at doing so. I don't even think people appreciated his acumen at it until later in his career.

209RamsFan

Marshall...loved ED but he got fumblitis sometimes.....only time I remember MF dropping the rock was vs Detroit

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Ok someone seriously tell me since I'm not old enough to have watched Dickerson's games, could he even pass block? Obviously I know he could run like nobodys business! lol

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ok someone seriously tell me since I'm not old enough to have watched Dickerson's games, could he even pass block? Obviously I know he could run like nobodys business! lol
Tough one to answer really. ED was not asked to do much blocking. I think he had more total yards than the entire passing offense back then. He was known to be decent at picking up a blitzer but when you are a RB and are that much of the offense, you are not going to see a lot of blitzes anyway. I don't think anyone - not even ED would say he was a great pass blocker.