Best Draft Experts?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious on who (Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Charles Davis, Daniel Jeremiah, Matt Miller, Dane Brugler, Gil Brandt, Mike Mayock, etc) other Rams fans think is the most accurate and informative Draft Expert(s). I guess I would lean toward Mike Mayock but I have to give Mel Kiper credit that he really seems to put out a lot of detailed information on most of the draft prospects (and, he has been doing this a long time!).

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
paceram said:
Just curious on who (Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Charles Davis, Daniel Jeremiah, Matt Miller, Dane Brugler, Gil Brandt, Mike Mayock, etc) other Rams fans think is the most accurate and informative Draft Expert(s). I guess I would lean toward Mike Mayock but I have to give Mel Kiper credit that he really seems to put out a lot of detailed information on most of the draft prospects (and, he has been doing this a long time!).

Yeah Mayock, Kiper is good, but any guy who eats the same thing for breakfast every day exhibits inside the box tendencies IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I guess you're talking strictly about media guys?

I like to hear what GMs and NFL FO guys say.
Ted Thompson, Polian, Newsome, Snead, guys like that.
Also like Greg Cosell. He's an enormous tape grinder.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dude said:
I guess you're talking strictly about media guys?

I like to hear what GMs and NFL FO guys say.
Ted Thompson, Polian, Newsome, Snead, guys like that.
Also like Greg Cosell. He's an enormous tape grinder.

I do like reading/listening to Cosell's opinions.

iced

Mayock, by far , is my favorite.

Never liked Kiper or Mcshay...And both tools sealed their graves for me when they pounded the table SO HARD for Jimmy Clausen.. lol I remember calling it out on RRF that he'd be a 2nd round pick.. man the back lash lol

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Cosell and Lande are both solid.

Mayock is good from what I have seen. Most on this board have a more informed opinion on him than I do though(I dont have NFLN)

I like hearing the opinions of HOF players that have either worked ou with or seen workout too. I find it to be more interesting than anything else. I don't put a lot of weight in their draft predictions.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Mayock is my favorite. Always seems to have the most realistic and fair analysis of players and teams. I also never sense he has any personal agenda. Just straight football.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sam 'Ace' Rothstein is pretty good too.

tumblr_lkrz9e0iKn1qbchxro1_400.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Pat Kirwan. I like Mayock ok. Kyper...meh. Gil Brandt pretty much has dementia nowadays, so no thanks there. Kirwan and Tim Ryan do the best 4hrs of radio per day (other than Howard Stern maybe), and I have always like Kirwan's mocks. He has us taking Vaccaro and Keenan Allen at 16 and 22 respectively BTW.....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
None of them really. They all pretend to "know it all" when it comes to predicting how a player will do. It can get really annoying. Plus w/ me, I just look how they did in college and character and not worry about 40 times and bench presses and all that stuff.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My thoughts would be:
Kiper - :nono:
McShay - :sick:
Mayock - :|
Cosell - :yeh:
Jeremiah - :bg:
Bob McGinn(not sure if he counts as an expert) - :cheese:
Kirwan - :yeh:
Lande - :boing:

Don't really have much on the others. Brugler and Miller have looked good to me from the small samples I've seen. I really liked Wes Bunting but he retired.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I prefer Mayock.

I prefer Kiper over McShay. Kiper generally sticks to his opinions. McShay moves around a little and therefore doesn't give me as much confidence.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
To me it's Brokeu91 as the best

Then Mike Mayock second best

Then everyone else a very distant tied for third

Except Walterfootball which is dead last

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:

It couldn't be more possible for me to agree with the bolded part. Those guys suck when it comes to evaluating the Rams' needs and how they did in free agency.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:

Brokeu91 - Since you are the #1 can you give your picks for the Rams? This is great! You are going to save me money and time!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
paceram said:
brokeu91 said:

Brokeu91 - Since you are the #1 can you give your picks for the Rams? This is great! You are going to save me money and time!
Lol...just give me half of what you were going to spend and I'll give you the picks