Bernie: Rams need to improve on defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Thanks PhxRam... Sorry about the post...when I posted this I had forgotten about the ban. They've been charging for Bernie's articles lately so I haven't even been reading him for a few weeks.

no problem brother.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
The Bernie ban has been lifted until he decides to start spewing garbage again.
crushed.gif

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Isn't stating the obvious garbage? And we've done a great deal of work on our defense since last season so isn't this article just beating a dead horse already???

Disclaimer; I did not read the article. Bernie is horrible and should be put out to pasture.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The Bernie ban has been lifted until he decides to start spewing garbage again.
I smell betting pool!

I've got "Starting Day of Training Camp".

Thanks PhxRam... Sorry about the post...when I posted this I had forgotten about the ban. They've been charging for Bernie's articles lately so I haven't even been reading him for a few weeks.
Somebody thinks his stuff is worth money to read?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I smell betting pool!

I've got "Starting Day of Training Camp".

Somebody thinks his stuff is worth money to read?

Would be a fun pool. And yeah - that's what I was thinking. Pay for a Bernie article? GTFO!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure is hard to keep track of "Bernie on" or "Bernie off" around here. He causes that much consternation?

The defense will be interesting this year.

The front 7 sure looks stout. But that secondary? In the Jim Thomas chat, he mentions lack of experience.

If Williams blitzes a lot, can that youth hold up?

PhxRam

Sure is hard to keep track of "Bernie on" or "Bernie off" around here. He causes that much consternation?

The defense will be interesting this year.

The front 7 sure looks stout. But that secondary? In the Jim Thomas chat, he mentions lack of experience.

If Williams blitzes a lot, can that youth hold up?

IF you think WE are confusing, try reading his articles. One moment he is singing the Rams praises and the next he despises them.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IF you think WE are confusing, try reading his articles. One moment he is singing the Rams praises and the next he despises them.

Yeah... I've read him for many years... broken clock rule in effect. :)

I get it... he gets paid to drive traffic to the website... you either sucuumb to that or not.

But, I'd hate to think this site decides whether he's right or wrong... wouldn't the members discuss that?

Anyway, in this particular column, he has a few valid points, in my opinion.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good question. I've been swigging from the Kool-Aid today so I would have to point out that if Fisher and G. Williams didn't think so then they would have signed some players with experience during FA.

Also I suspect that the need to blitz will not be nearly as much as some might anticipate due to the front four being able to get plenty of pressure on their own. Blitz packages are G. Williams forte but Fisher will most likely reel him in.

I've thought about that too (not needing to blitz as often because that line is going to apply a lot of pressure on it's own). I'm hoping that's the case because of my concerns about that secondary.

As far as Fisher reeling Williams in? I think he's going to give Williams a LOT of independence.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yeah... I've read him for many years... broken clock rule in effect. :)

I get it... he gets paid to drive traffic to the website... you either sucuumb to that or not.

But, I'd hate to think this site decides whether he's right or wrong... wouldn't the members discuss that?

Anyway, in this particular column, he has a few valid points, in my opinion.

It's not about whether he's right or wrong but how he goes about being right or wrong. It's the same way we as members decide whether someone is trolling or not. Is something being written in an article or post for the primary purpose of stirring people up and pissing them off or is it used to inform? Bernie crosses that line more often than not, imo.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
It's not about whether he's right or wrong but how he goes about being right or wrong. It's the same way we as members decide whether someone is trolling or not. Is something being written in an article or post for the primary purpose of stirring people up and pissing them off or is it used to inform? Bernie crosses that line more often than not, imo.
Agreed. And given that fan is short for fanatic, we (including me) can be annoyed very easily when someone is criticizing the team just to get a rise and thus get hits.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Exactly. If I recall correctly, the main reason he was banned was because his writing just became more and more troll like. Just because Bernie and the Post need to generate readers and pissing them off works, that doesn't mean we have to welcome him here with open arms just because he is a "sports writer". At the same time, some posters have been "soft banned", if you will, and allowed to come back if they don't bring down the vibe on the site.

IMO - Bernie has no greater value here than any of our fellow posters. He doesn't get a pass.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. If I recall correctly, the main reason he was banned was because his writing just became more and more troll like. Just because Bernie and the Post need to generate readers and pissing them off works, that doesn't mean we have to welcome him here with open arms just because he is a "sports writer". At the same time, some posters have been "soft banned", if you will, and allowed to come back if they don't bring down the vibe on the site.

IMO - Bernie has no greater value here than any of our fellow posters. He doesn't get a pass.

So, if he's positive, it's allowed and if he's negative, it's banned?

Not sure I agree with that, but if that's the rules here, got to live by them.

One thing I can agree with: He can be very annoying!
;)

Boffo97

Name
Dave

I would list any member here (not counting those banned within a couple weeks of showing up), whether or not I get along with them, as a higher value to this board than Bernie. He *can* be good, but at least everyone here is a fan. He turns on the team like a petulant child who isn't getting his way. Or just wants more attention.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would list any member here (not counting those banned within a couple weeks of showing up), whether or not I get along with them, as a higher value to this board than Bernie. He *can* be good, but at least everyone here is a fan. He turns on the team like a petulant child who isn't getting his way. Or just wants more attention.

My guess has always been that he is very insecure.

If he's allowed to be an insider at Rams Park, the eports are good.

If he is treated like a regular reporter, the reports reflect that rejection.

Just a theory.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
My guess has always been that he is very insecure.

If he's allowed to be an insider at Rams Park, the eports are good.

If he is treated like a regular reporter, the reports reflect that rejection.

Just a theory.
I've posted very similar theories myself. Since you agree with me, you are officially correct. ;)

So, if he's positive, it's allowed and if he's negative, it's banned?

Not sure I agree with that, but if that's the rules here, got to live by them.

One thing I can agree with: He can be very annoying!
;)

You're (anyone is) allowed to be negative. If your only purpose is to be negative then go find another board, there's plenty for that.

There was also the problem that every Bernie thread turns into a discussion of what a baby door he is rather than what he actually says.