Bernie: NFL Isn’t Going to Let Kroenke Carpetbag His Way Into LA –Video

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hope you're not assigning those opinions to me. Stan's personal ties to St. Louis are what have me convinced that in spite of all the proverbial dots that connect to make a move to LA very feasible for the Rams.

Mocklerman I'm not trying to pick a fight, we've posted together for many years going back to the very fair and level headed Warner/Bulger discussions on the Herd.

Exactly what don't are the dots........

CoachO

Hall of Fame
What I find to be the most comical, is when people like Bernie, or Jim Thomas, or people you would think have the means to actually become more educated on these sort of things, continually put this garbage out there. The PD staff as a group, are the laziest journalists known to man. In this day and age, where information is so readily available, that they continue to write these sort of "puff pieces" just to create a stir is embarrassing.

With one of (if not the best) Journalism schools less than 2 hours away, these "writers" do more to shame the profession than can be expressed.

When people want to write things like "the city of St. Louis, and the State of Missouri better get moving on this" it makes me literally want to throw up. What is so painfully obvious to me, is when the information doesn't fall into their laps, or in Bernie's case, someone does something to spite him, he/they lash out and makes them out to be the villain. In this case, because the Rams, Kroenke and/or the local gov't officials have chosen to keep the negotiations OUT OF THE MEDIA, these so called professional journalists proceed with their hatchet jobs.

Bernie is the worst at this. But IMO, its just another example of the media wanting to CREATE the story, rather than REPORTING on it. Do a little bit of research, find the FACTS beyond regurgitating what you "hear on the street". Which is all Bernie ever seems to "report".

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
503 about Bernie.......he isn't getting a sniff from anyone on either side of this negotiation, they don't pay him any mind. Hell Demoff pays more attention to the message boards and spends more time with those fans than he does with Bernie, which is smart based on reading Bernie for years now.

As far as the land in LA......it was originally purchased and was going to be used for a Wal Mart according to one article I read. The citizens voted to kick Wal Mart out. So the land was useless to them they aren't in the business of doing anything but opening stores. So imagine whom they would sell it to

......anyone.....anyone.......Bueler?

Funny how Bernie isn't mentioning that eh........
No - I agree Les. I don't discount the idea that Stan is leveraging the property against the mindset in charge of the negotiations but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the deal for the land was too sweet to pass up. I'm sure no one is giving Bern the light of day in these negotiations. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Unfortunately, what Bernie's class warfare articles do is rile up the St Louis fan base and I think make them less likely to go along with proposals that will likely hit the ballot there or at minimum will need to be sold to the tax payers by those negotiating on behalf of St Louis. He's a shit stirrer and I have little patience for his petty bullshit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What I find to be the most comical, is when people like Bernie, or Jim Thomas, or people you would think have the means to actually become more educated on these sort of things, continually put this garbage out there. The PD staff as a group, are the laziest journalists known to man. In this day and age, where information is so readily available, that they continue to write these sort of "puff pieces" just to create a stir is embarrassing.

With one of (if not the best) Journalism schools less than 2 hours away, these "writers" do more to shame the profession than can be expressed.

When people want to write things like "the city of St. Louis, and the State of Missouri better get moving on this" it makes me literally want to throw up. What is so painfully obvious to me, is when the information doesn't fall into their laps, or in Bernie's case, someone does something to spite him, he/they lash out and makes them out to be the villain. In this case, because the Rams, Kroenke and/or the local gov't officials have chosen to keep the negotiations OUT OF THE MEDIA, these so called professional journalists proceed with their hatchet jobs.

Bernie is the worst at this. But IMO, its just another example of the media wanting to CREATE the story, rather than REPORTING on it. Do a little bit of research, find the FACTS beyond regurgitating what you "hear on the street". Which is all Bernie ever seems to "report".

I'm not sure that I would lump JT in with Bernie. Though you guys would know better as you have had more of a steady diet of them over the years, Bernie is NOT a journalist. He is more of a blogger/beat writer and IMO not very good at either.

As to the city and state needing to get moving on this point - We are not privy to what is happening in the negotiations - if anything. My only assumption is that IF part of the reason Stan bought this property was for leverage, it would have to be because the negotiations are either not moving at a satisfactory pace or not moving in the direction that Stan would like. Time doesn't stand still and I can't imagine guys like Stan do either. He would always have a sense of urgency while I don't think the same can be said for many in government and politics.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
See, the problem with all of that, this wreaks of the type of journalism, that if WE aren't hearing about it, then it must NOT be happening.

One of the other FACTS that keeps getting glossed over, (because it doesn't seem to fit the agenda) is he bought this property from WALMART. Which he does more times that any of us can count. To say that THIS piece of property somehow is different from any of the other Walmart properties that he has "purchased" over the years, in other areas where there has been similar resistance to a WALMART being put in a town, city etc. just because of where it is to me just is trying to CREATE a story. Well, guess what... it worked. Boy is it ever a story now!!!! (or is it?)

While I will stand in line in saying I have no idea what Kroenke or the local gov't officials in fact are doing or NOT doing, I will reiterate my feeling that this is just shoddy and lazy "journalism" on the part of these so called professionals.

And as far as JT is concerned. He hasn't been a supporter of the Rams since they fired his "CI". He looks for any and every reason to second guess, or take shots at this organization ever since. He is the friggin BEAT WRITER, and yet, he is more than not, "scooped" on most of the information pertaining to all things Rams.

Seems to me, that when you sole job is reporting on the local NFL team, you would have a better working relationship with the powers that be in that organization. But instead, just 2 weeks ago, you have the CFO and the guy running the day to day ops blasting the job your newspaper has done in "stirring up controversy" over what should be trivial things. ie. the whole Austin photo op with the LA "group".

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yep Coach - I can't disagree with that. Especially this:
Seems to me, that when you sole job is reporting on the local NFL team, you would have a better working relationship with the powers that be in that organization. But instead, just 2 weeks ago, you have the CFO and the guy running the day to day ops blasting the job your newspaper has done in "stirring up controversy" over what should be trivial things. ie. the whole Austin photo op with the LA "group".

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think he buys property from Wal Mart. They sold him this land because they were going to open a store there and the community nixed the idea. So they had a parcel of land to get rid of and why not unload that little gem on a family member.

I'm so sick of the idiots in the media and on message boards grabbing on to slivers and shadows and proclaiming them as evidence the Rams are moving.......and I am going to rub their fucking noses in it, without mercy, when the Rams are playing in STL in a new venue.

I'm literally at the point where I am so sick of pointing out the obvious shit that I could punch a wall.

It takes such massive suspension of sense to believe the Rams are going to move to LA that anyone who actually thinks it's possible has almost become a dunce to me.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I don't think he buys property from Wal Mart. They sold him this land because they were going to open a store there and the community nixed the idea. So they had a parcel of land to get rid of and why not unload that little gem on a family member.

I'm so sick of the idiots in the media and on message boards grabbing on to slivers and shadows and proclaiming them as evidence the Rams are moving.......and I am going to rub their fucking noses in it, without mercy, when the Rams are playing in STL in a new venue.

I'm literally at the point where I am so sick of pointing out the obvious shit that I could punch a wall.

It takes such massive suspension of sense to believe the Rams are going to move to LA that anyone who actually thinks it's possible has almost become a dunce to me.

I hope you aren't lumping me into your rant. I agree with you.

As far as Kroenke buying property from Walmart, while I won't even try to make it sound like I am any sort of expert on this, it has been reported in the past that he does this sort of thing more than one would think. What happened with the Inglewood property happens to Walmart more than most would imagine. There are "towns" all over who fight them putting up stores in their locale. It has happened here in the STL area as well. And yes, that property sits idle until they find an alternate location.

Now saying that Kroenke swoops in and purchases these properties frequently, but it has happened more than this single occasion in the past.

At the end of the day, especially for the STL fan, I just don't understand the constant complaining about the FUTURE of this organization. I will continue to renew my season tickets, and enjoy every game they are here. If Kroenke makes the highly unlikely decision to move, I will be able to say that I was there to the end.

Why would I NOT continue to support the team in the interim? Seems to me, those who take that stand, because of "what if" are the ones who lose out in this deal.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
See, the problem with all of that, this wreaks of the type of journalism, that if WE aren't hearing about it, then it must NOT be happening.

One of the other FACTS that keeps getting glossed over, (because it doesn't seem to fit the agenda) is he bought this property from WALMART. Which he does more times that any of us can count. To say that THIS piece of property somehow is different from any of the other Walmart properties that he has "purchased" over the years, in other areas where there has been similar resistance to a WALMART being put in a town, city etc. just because of where it is to me just is trying to CREATE a story. Well, guess what... it worked. Boy is it ever a story now!!!! (or is it?)

While I will stand in line in saying I have no idea what Kroenke or the local gov't officials in fact are doing or NOT doing, I will reiterate my feeling that t
And as far as JT is concerned. He hasn't been a supporter of the Rams since they fired his "CI". He looks for any and every reason to second guess, or take shots at thishis is just shoddy and lazy "journalism" on the part of these so called professionals.
organization ever since. He is the friggin BEAT WRITER, and yet, he is more than not, "scooped" on most of the information pertaining to all things Rams.

Seems to me, that when you sole job is reporting on the local NFL team, you would have a better working relationship with the powers that be in that organization. But instead, just 2 weeks ago, you have the CFO and the guy running the day to day ops blasting the job your newspaper has done in "stirring up controversy" over what should be trivial things. ie. the whole Austin photo op with the LA "group"

When I heard about this I went about trying to corroborate that Demoff had gone after the press that way,tracked both posters who'd been there,Phx requested a transcript from the Rams but there was none.I even asked Bernie about a transcript,no reply.
I agree that Bernie and the whole staff except Burwell appear to be about making news by stirring the pot than reporting what happens. They are the equivalent of Skip Bayless except of course they are sort of cutting off their own noses to spite their face.
As little real investigation and new info these guys dig up and report, all the rehashing they do seems to me participating in running a franchise out of town only makes the universe of what they have to report shrink and would make their reporting even more boring, certainly decrease their readership,but for the Rams I'd never read a thing they write,so I conclude they are beyond biased and lazy they're stupid.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
IMO if the Rams move they need to fire the football writers,why not?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hope you aren't lumping me into your rant. I agree with you.

As far as Kroenke buying property from Walmart, while I won't even try to make it sound like I am any sort of expert on this, it has been reported in the past that he does this sort of thing more than one would think. What happened with the Inglewood property happens to Walmart more than most would imagine. There are "towns" all over who fight them putting up stores in their locale. It has happened here in the STL area as well. And yes, that property sits idle until they find an alternate location.

Now saying that Kroenke swoops in and purchases these properties frequently, but it has happened more than this single occasion in the past.

At the end of the day, especially for the STL fan, I just don't understand the constant complaining about the FUTURE of this organization. I will continue to renew my season tickets, and enjoy every game they are here. If Kroenke makes the highly unlikely decision to move, I will be able to say that I was there to the end.

Why would I NOT continue to support the team in the interim? Seems to me, those who take that stand, because of "what if" are the ones who lose out in this deal.

I was not lumping you in with that rant, it was just a general venting LOL.

I know he's purchased before, but I don't think he acquires properties for them I think he just develops. I could be wrong about that but I thought he builds not buys.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO if the Rams move they need to fire the football writers,why not?

The worst part is Bernie knows what a few of us have been posting but he ignores it so he can stir up crap. Journalism at it finest...... (n)

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yeah problem is though if you ignore him he doesn't go away

moklerman

Warner-phile
LesBaker said:
You might try keeping in mind that the majority of those who still cling to those slivers are fans who have stuck with the team and feel they should have never "lost" them in the first place. It really has nothing to do with St. Louis or it's fans, those of us who've stuck around would feel the same if they had moved to Baltimore or Timbuktu.

If you're so confident about the Rams remaining in St. Louis, it seems to me that you should be able to ignore any of these threads filled with speculation. Not only that, if one was that sure of the outcome it doesn't seem hard for me to imagine them being gracious and sympathetic considering the relatively recent histories of each city and the NFL.

Using a personal and specific example, the Dodgers. There may be talk somewhere that Brooklyn wants the Dodgers back. But I have no idea because I'm so confident that they'll remain in L.A. I sympathize with Brooklyn fans who still root for the Dodgers and never wanted to lose them. Granted, that may be a short list this many years later but it would never dawn on me to rub their fucking noses in the fact that the Dodgers are in LA. They didn't do anything wrong and didn't deserve to lose their team.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
The worst part is Bernie knows what a few of us have been posting but he ignores it so he can stir up crap. Journalism at it finest...... (n)
Had this discussion in another thread. It smacks of Bernie having an agenda and it freaks out the less informed fans when the moving talks come up. I don't think the Rams are going anywhere and neither do most of the informed fans like you! Just more Bernie BS!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Had this discussion in another thread. It smacks of Bernie having an agenda and it freaks out the less informed fans when the moving talks come up. I don't think the Rams are going anywhere and neither do most of the informed fans like you! Just more Bernie BS!

I'm from Cleveland, though a few years ago moved to SWFL, and the people who cover the Browns are so much better than the guys in STL its startling. I mentioned this is another thread.....Demoff pays more attention and spends more time with message boards/fans than he does with the media. That's how bad they are.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm from Cleveland, though a few years ago moved to SWFL, and the people who cover the Browns are so much better than the guys in STL its startling. I mentioned this is another thread.....Demoff pays more attention and spends more time with message boards/fans than he does with the media. That's how bad they are.

Or maybe it's because we're more fun. Ever think of that smart guy?:D