Bernie: Are players Rams wanted the players they needed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Spell check?
To me this is just a rehash of older columns questioning if Fisher can still be a effective HC in today's NFL. Some things Bernie writes I agree with, others not so much. He can have his opinion and I can have mine. but at end of the day both of our words are useless.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I really dont know much about him really. I have read a bunch of his articles as I have done with other writers. I dont follow him and if I dont agree I just move on. I understand it is all about getting clicks and nothing more. Most of the sports writers today just write filler stuff anyway. No in depth reporting anymore.
He's just an easy target.

If he weren't, he wouldn't be criticized so much.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
You guys truly crack me up how upset you get.

I'd hate to see how you guys would react if you listen to Kevin Slaten. If you get a chance stream his show on 590 The Man in St.Louis this afternoon. I guarantee he goes on a rant about how horrible Jeff Fisher is and how nearly every draft pick was ridiculous...and completely blows up about the Michael Sam pick.

Kevin Slaten's antics will make you come back to this column and think Bernie just proclaimed the Rams are winning the Super Bowl.

Nice try, Kevin Slaten's producer.

I will not be tuning in.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
To me this is just a rehash of older columns questioning if Fisher can still be a effective HC in today's NFL. Some things Bernie writes I agree with, others not so much. He can have his opinion and I can have mine. but at end of the day both of our words are useless.
This is exactly what I took from the article.

People's perceptions of old NFL vs. new NFL, especially as related to stat-mongering fantasy football champions and how they view their team's performance from that perspective, which to me is a abomination of what is to me the ultimate team sport.

Honestly, in terms of the approach, old (or defense and rushing attack) actually just beat new in super bowl 2014. But I won't argue one over another, because every team will find their own niche, that one thing they do better than anyone else.

I think we will have a much more diverse offense than many on here. When this team needs to go to the air, so long as they can do it on their own terms, which is the case with just about every NFL team, they will have success.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I agree with that up to a point. If memory serves me correct, we didnt have a overly difficult time moving the ball up and down the field. It just seemed like there was quite a bit of questionable play calliing in the redzone, particularly from 10 yards in.
The last 3 losses of the season were all against division rivals; teams that had the defense to stop our running game. They made us 1-dimensional, and we couldn't pass too well either. The Seattle game was ugly.

But, we put the hurt on some good teams, scoring points that Rams fans hadn't seen in quite a while.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Maybe I am missing something here. Why all the personal attacks on Bernie. I may not agree with everything he writes but there is no reason for some of the comments really. It was stated in another post about personal attacks get you booted off and I really do not get involved with the pack mentality and gang up on someone. It was stated to stick to facts in your debates and posts so I would say that people should stick to that otherwise you do know what that looks like.
Lemme help ya out here scifi, Bernie isn't a member here and doesn't adhere to the rules for members so he doesn't get the same courtesy, his columns are notorious for personal attacks and aspersions , he reaps what he sews.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Actually - the only thing I had a problem with in this article was his proclaiming himself as public enemy #1. Other than that, I think this was the least snarky thing he's written in some time.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I personally think he article was short sighted in one important area. He states that Fisher's record is below .500 over the last several years, but he glosses over it because the actual details ruin his point. This more than anything else is what reporters do................they don't "report", they "write what they think". Bernie isn't reporting any facts and in doing so gets what he deserves because he has now stepped into our playing field..................the world of opinions!

Fisher without a true Defensive coach for the last two years has won 14 games. 7, (well not all seven of course) of those came with a backup QB who I thought was a waste of time. With the Titans it was painfully clear that Fisher needed time off as player and team issues dominated his last few years there.

We have a Defensive Coordinator who I think is awesome, a defensive team that is already good, our QB back, an offensive line, RBs and another year of experience for WRs. Given all of this if the Rams do not have a 10-6 season, (Minimum) then we can start to look at Jeff Fisher.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
he's the writer that the Rams deserve...but not the one that the Rams need
I have to like this. Using the Inappropriate button for stealing my joke would be... well... inappropriate.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He's the writer the Rams fans want, at least the negative ones that are constantly turning on their players for the slightest incident. Bernie does his job, placates the sky fallers and the chicken littles which generates more page views and traffic for the PD. It is what it is, I barely listen to what he has to say anymore.