Bernie: Are players Rams wanted the players they needed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some of his points are valid but yes his ego is out of control. Also, I am not sure how he can look at this team and not be happy with the direction. Fish has won 7 games in each of his first two seasons while overhauling the roster. The type of team Fish is criticized for favoring--defense and balanced offense--are the same approaches that have the 9ers and Seahawks on top of the NFC West and entire NFL for that matter.

Snead seems to have really turned around this franchise in its ability to evaluate talent, as well. Two very good drafts, and what looks like another one on top of them.

The dude is out of his mind.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Like most of you, I'm not a Bernie fan, but this statement cannot be denied and the stats speak for themselves:

>>unless the Rams can have a more diversified attack that finds the end zone with more regularity, it’s hard to see how they’ll manage to become the dominant team in these fierce turf wars with Seattle and San Francisco.<<

PhxRam

Like most of you, I'm not a Bernie fan, but this statement cannot be denied and the stats speak for themselves:

>>unless the Rams can have a more diversified attack that finds the end zone with more regularity, it’s hard to see how they’ll manage to become the dominant team in these fierce turf wars with Seattle and San Francisco.<<

I agree with that up to a point. If memory serves me correct, we didnt have a overly difficult time moving the ball up and down the field. It just seemed like there was quite a bit of questionable play calliing in the redzone, particularly from 10 yards in.

scifiman

Maybe I am missing something here. Why all the personal attacks on Bernie. I may not agree with everything he writes but there is no reason for some of the comments really. It was stated in another post about personal attacks get you booted off and I really do not get involved with the pack mentality and gang up on someone. It was stated to stick to facts in your debates and posts so I would say that people should stick to that otherwise you do know what that looks like.

scifiman

I too agree with this and think it is the MAJOR difference in our offensive success. I dont think any team fears facing Bradford.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe I am missing something here. Why all the personal attacks on Bernie. I may not agree with everything he writes but there is no reason for some of the comments really. It was stated in another post about personal attacks get you booted off and I really do not get involved with the pack mentality and gang up on someone. It was stated to stick to facts in your debates and posts so I would say that people should stick to that otherwise you do know what that looks like.
Thanks. We need more freelance moderators.

PhxRam

IMO, Bernie has brought a good portion of the criticism on himself. I sometimes wonder if he is a fan of the team or writing about the Rams just fell under his job description.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I agree with that up to a point. If memory serves me correct, we didnt have a overly difficult time moving the ball up and down the field. It just seemed like there was quite a bit of questionable play calliing in the redzone, particularly from 10 yards in.

True, but I'll take points per game over yards per game all day long...let's not get into the "excuse game" like play calling, shoulda's and woulda's, especially when it's all about results in the form of wins and losses.

scifiman

IMO, Bernie has brought a good portion of the criticism on himself. I sometimes wonder if he is a fan of the team or writing about the Rams just fell under his job description.
I really dont know much about him really. I have read a bunch of his articles as I have done with other writers. I dont follow him and if I dont agree I just move on. I understand it is all about getting clicks and nothing more. Most of the sports writers today just write filler stuff anyway. No in depth reporting anymore.

PhxRam

I really dont know much about him really. I have read a bunch of his articles as I have done with other writers. I dont follow him and if I dont agree I just move on. I understand it is all about getting clicks and nothing more. Most of the sports writers today just write filler stuff anyway. No in depth reporting anymore.

There is good reason why guys like @ShaneG receive nothing but praise and Bernie is criticized.

PhxRam

True, but I'll take points per game over yards per game all day long...let's not get into the "excuse game" like play calling, shoulda's and woulda's, especially when it's all about results in the form of wins and losses.

I agree with you. And it did seemingly improve in the redzone with the emergence of Stacy. I am just saying that early on we ran alot of pass plays inside the 10 when we should have been pounding the ball. Hopefully now with Robinson, we do this with consistency.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Bern is personally crowning himself "Media Public Enemy #1" of the Rams. He's fucking proud of it too.

Any public enemy of the Rams deserves all the shit that can be slung at them. Especially enemies who clearly receive joy from being the enemy.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
If Robinson, Stacy, or anyone else can add another 7-10 points a game (they) have my vote, thanks and praise....in the meantime, I'll hold my breath, pray a lot and hope for the best....