Benoit: Rams could Definitely Be the Best D in NFL in 2015

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Andy Benoit ‏@Andy_Benoit

Am at #Rams practice right now. This could definitely be the best defense in NFL in 2015.

Andy Benoit: NFL analyst for Sports Illustrated & @theMMQB

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just had a blast watching film with #Rams DT Aaron Donald. He's as good at explaining the game as he is playing it.

--------
@Andy_Benoit think the secondary can hold up? I feel like that has been their achilles heel. That and poor LB play.

Benoit: Young group that improved drastically last yr down stretch.

----------
@Andy_Benoit how do you like McLeod? Better than given credit for IMO. Always pointed figure on big plays

Benoit: I agree. McDonald is the Safety I'm in love with, though.
----------

Kenny Britt just caught a bomb and bowled the ball hard at S Cody Davis. Davis then threw ball 40 yds back hitting Britt perfectly. All fun

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
They have the talent to be the best D in the Nfl and I for one can't wait to see them dominate.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't really like this much more than the "Sack city" that blew up in their faces...Show me and then we can talk best, dominating, whatever they (or the fans) want to...Just my humble opinion, of course...

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I wish there was tweets about how horrible and unorganized they look. I'm not getting my hopes up this year just to see them blown up as soon as the season starts. We have to be the most overhyped team in the league. Still, it's cool to hear about plays in practice.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey...there's not reason for me not to believe it..

I must believe.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

Am at #Rams practice right now. This could definitely be the best defense in NFL in 2015.

Andy Benoit: NFL analyst for Sports Illustrated & @theMMQB

....too much talk

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Teams- good teams and bad teams get talked about. It's about time we were on the good side so I'm all for it.
Maybe if we expect greatness for once we will indeed be great. No reason we can't be.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
need more info...feed me.....FEED ME!!!!!
Ditto!! Need more Input!!
Johnny%205.jpg

jap

Legend
I like how the Vikings DL guys said it (I believe the speaker was DE Jim Marshall):

"The best plan is for all four of us to meet in the offensive backfield."

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Don't understand the negativity. You have to take anything that anyone says with a grain of salt... and obviously none of this matters until they prove it on the field. But I, for one, would much rather hear something like this instead of hearing how shitty they look.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
OL getting overwhelmed by DL, DL not getting challenged by OL, that's not good for either squad.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't understand the negativity. You have to take anything that anyone says with a grain of salt... and obviously none of this matters until they prove it on the field. But I, for one, would much rather hear something like this instead of hearing how crappy they look.
Then, you're in luck!

I cannopt ever recall a report from any OTA's (or TC, for that matter) that said the team looked awful, disorganized and ill-prepared for the seasson.

It's all sugar pies and lolly pops this time of the year. :)

It's a personal choice of each fan how to process those reports.

Me? I used to get all hyped up... believed all of it. Not any more... the only thing I care about is the final score on September 13th. That will tell me everything I need to know about the team.

I'll read all the reports, but keep an even keel as the first game approaches.

That's just me... as always, there is hope!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just happen to agree with him. Snead & Fisher have been building this defense now for over 3 yrs. We all know that Fisher is first a defensive coach & most of his unit coaches have been with him for a long time. These defensive coaches have a big edge over what Fisher has on the offensive side.

I was highly disappointed with this D out of the gate last season & was not all that happy with the D play when the season was over either. I just expected bigger games from this unit. The overall review of the 2014 season injury list turns down my disappointment level & I understand that its just the way the NFL rolls. I would say the injuries to Fishers five CB's through-out the season may have been just too much to overcome plus add in the Long injury & the Hayes decline too.

This upcoming season I do not see any holes in this starting 11 player unit. The reserves situation is second to none either with the DL. Snead/Fisher have added two new LB'ers too. The fat DB unit is oozing with young talent that should have already busted the NFL sports world with buzz but has yet to even make a whimper.

Many of these key defensive players who have been here since Fisher began will not be here in 2016 due to free agency.

The offense seems to have always taken the back seat to the D & with the situation with the new QB & the brand new OL this defense has a much heavier task afoot this season than any other Fisher time. I believe this D is up to do the heavy lifting for most of this season until the offense catches on. I feel they can be the best D unit in the NFL if the injury jinx stays clear.

Alan

Legend
bubbaramfan rubbing his worry beads:
OL getting overwhelmed by DL, DL not getting challenged by OL, that's not good for either squad.
Isn't it normal for the D to be ahead of the O at this time of the year? ;)