Belichick and the leaked Manziel scouting report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Since Bill Belichick claims he doesn't read stuff on the internet, he won't mind me predicting that he will go down in NFL history as one of the most respected head coaches ever for his success with the Pats, as well as one of the most smug, lying, cheating, and least liked individuals we've ever had the misfortune to come across.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Belichick claims to know nothing about leaked Manziel scouting report

Posted by Mike Florio on May 10, 2014

belichick.jpg
AP

Two intriguing reports emerged on Friday afternoon regarding members of the Browns, Josh Gordon and Johnny Manziel. In both cases, the team in position to know the truth declined to say the reports aren’t true.

Regarding Manziel and the scathing scouting report supposedly leaked by the Patriots, coach Bill Belichick didn’t say the report is false. Actually, Belichick didn’t say much of anything, like he typically does.

“With all due respect, I hate to admit this but I don’t think I’ve been online in a couple days or weeks or whatever, so that’s not really an important thing to me,” Belichick said, via Tom Curran of CSN New England. “I don’t even know what’s online and what isn’t online. But I would say we probably have, I can’t even imagine, 10,000 pages of information. It’s a lot of information. There’s no way I can sit up here and tell you that I’ve read it all. I’ve read a fraction of it. But we have a ton of information on all the players that are in the draft. What’s online, you should go talk to the geniuses that are online. I don’t know. MyFace, YourFace, InstantFace. Go talk to whoever you want that does that stuff. I don’t know.”

It’s funny and it’s quirky and it’s quintessential Belichick, the guy who acts like he’s above anything that isn’t what he cares about or knows about. But it’s unfair to the Browns or Manziel for Belichick to be flippant about a topic that possibly represents an effort by someone with the Patriots to smear Manziel by leaking confidential internal documents to the media.

Belichick should be far more concerned about the situation, both as to the fact that it harms Manziel and as to the possibility that it could happen again in the future.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I hope that when this idiot gets nominated for the Hall of Fame, there's at least one media member brave enough to bring up his huge list of crimes against the game.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Lets be real here, it's harsh and it's pretty scathing, but it's not untrue. In fact, it's probably what most teams were thinking in their war rooms when the name Manziel came up, lets be real here. There's a reason this guy went from projected top 10, probably top 5, to sliding out of the top 20. The Patriots just had the misfortune of being caught in it.

Manziel doesn't seem like he left a very good impression on the league at all.

Last edited:

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I missed what was said about Manziel.
Sorry to double post.

Basically the same thing the rest of the league said, but in the typical brash way the Patriots carry themselves.

They called him a spoiled brat, who gets an allowance from his grandpa, is a big baby who you can't yell at or get frustrated with because he'll throw a temper tantrum and walk away and basically just that he was a little shit and that everybody involved in the scouting of him for the Patriots hates him and that he barely does any studying.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sorry to double post.

Basically the same thing the rest of the league said, but in the typical brash way the Patriots carry themselves.

They called him a spoiled brat, who gets an allowance from his grandpa, is a big baby who you can't yell at or get frustrated with because he'll throw a temper tantrum and walk away and basically just that he was a little crap and that everybody involved in the scouting of him for the Patriots hates him and that he barely does any studying.

Do people want them to lie?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i wish some day someone leaks a report on the systematic cheating the patriots carried out to win their superbowls.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Do people want them to lie?
Like I said in my earlier post, they just had the misfortune of being the team who's report came out. I don't buy for a second that if any other teams' report got leaked it wouldn't be just as bad. Manziel has earned his reputation on his own, say what you want about the Patriots, lord knows you'll be right about them, but this is more on Manziel than them.

V3

Hall of Fame

Man do I hate that "money fanning" gesture he does. I heard him try and describe where it came from and what it means but I don't buy it for a second. I still don't get why the Rams chose him as their smokescreen guy. It should have been Bortles and/or Watkins.

V3

Hall of Fame

i wish some day someone leaks a report on the systematic cheating the patriots carried out to win their superbowls.

It'd be nice to have that SB but people would be finding dead horse heads in their beds. Goodell burned the tapes because Vegas would have been hurt by all the "tainted" bets made on that game. When Vegas gets hurt, knee caps vanish.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

Complete disgrace how the NFL destroyed the evidence they had in their hands.
Must have been bad enough that they didn't want ANYONE to see what the pats were up too.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Sorry to double post.

They called him a spoiled brat, who gets an allowance from his grandpa, is a big baby who you can't yell at or get frustrated with because he'll throw a temper tantrum and walk away and basically just that he was a little crap and that everybody involved in the scouting of him for the Patriots hates him and that he barely does any studying.
The bit about him never attending classes (and other parts) certainly did no favors for the school's image either.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29264

Not sure if this is accurate or not..

The New England Patriots took a long look at some of the top quarterbacks in the 2014 draft. Regarding Johnny Manziel, they reportedly didn’t like what they saw very much.

BroBible.com claims that it has obtained the Patriots’ scouting report on Manziel, and the entire thing has been posted online.

It looks legitimate, and it expresses various worries about Manziel’s off-field habits, including a somewhat bizarre reference to “outlaw bloodlines.” The report also describes Manziel as a “spoiled brat” who gets an allowance from his grandfather and whose father bought him a luxury car.

From a football standpoint, Texas Tech sources told the Patriots that coaches “can’t yell/scream at him or he shuts down; has walked away from [former Texas A&M offensive coordinator Kliff] Kingsbury in the past,” and that Manziel doesn’t study the game.

If the report is legitimate (and if it’s counterfeit it’s an excellent job), the question becomes how it surfaced. It reportedly came from “an anonymous tipster, who is close to BroBible family,” a description that seems to be a bit inconsistent.

Within the NFL, speculation (and to be clear, it’s just speculation) has arisen that the leaking of the scouting report bears in some way, shape, or form the fingerprints of former Browns G.M. Mike Lombardi, who was fired by Cleveland and hired by New England. Lombardi’s motivation, if the speculation is accurate, would be to make the Browns look bad for taking Manziel.

It’s an obvious starting point for the Patriots and/or the NFL if/when this is investigated. It’s so obvious that we have a hard time believing Lombardi had anything to do with it.

The far better theory would be that someone within the Patriots organization who doesn’t like Lombardi leaked it simply to create a hassle for Lombardi, which this situation undoubtedly will.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
new england is such a swamp of mistrust and dirty deeds, lead by the master himself.

bluesjoc

Long time poster,First time reader
Name
Jeff
I believe this was all created to save face for what ever franchise took JFF, Who takes a #1 pic at QB and doesn't do an extensive background check of the guy that about to be the face of their franchise? Everything in the document was already public knowledge if you own a TV set or follow college football. Was there any other kid in the draft that had more red flags then Johnny?