Belichick and the leaked Manziel scouting report

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Cleveland screwed the pooch again, he's gonna make more endorsement money than they pay him so football won't be his main focus,they did all they could to try to do their best "Les Snead" then they made sure they'd need to expend the extra first next year on a QB.
Can you imagine being one of those new season ticket holders finding out the next day that Josh Gordons gonna be suspended AND THEN they don't pick a rec. high?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Patriots, league not talking about leaked Manziel scouting report
Posted by Mike Florio on May 12, 2014

manziel7.jpg
Getty Images

If, as some believe, someone forged the supposedly leaked Patriots scouting report for Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel, neither the Patriots nor the NFL are saying so.

The league has no comment about the situation, and the Patriots for now have nothing to say.

Pats coach Bill Belichick said nothing when addressing the situation with reporters, expressing ignorance about the existence of the leaked scouting report and referring sardonically to “MyFace, YourFace, InstantFace.”

It’s fair to infer that, in the absence of a statement from Belichick or the team indicating that the scouting report is fake, the scouting report is legitimate. If so, the question become whether the team or the league will investigate how a team’s entire scouting report on a player the team didn’t select managed to make its way to the hands of the media.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It shouldn't have been leaked, legit or not.
The type of content in these reports either flattering or scathing is about what to be expected. Some teams do more extensive background checks than other teams, criteria varies, but the teams ask questions and write down the answers.
It's like the Rams going to Clowney's home town and asking questions. They collect the data throw it in a report and then decide how much validity to give it. But the Rams are first class so they don't leak it. As bad as Manziel's was I bet there's some much worse.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
new england is such a swamp of mistrust and dirty deeds, lead by the master himself.

Maybe so, but Id trade their 13 year record in a heart beat. Personally, I have no problem with those that enjoy criticizing Belicheat or the Pats. But the fact remains that this team has a sterling win-loss record and they have effectively built a dynasty lasting far longer than most in NFL history.

For my part, I'm hoping that these 3 years have set the table for a decade long reign. At the same time, I'm not about to criticize success, especially in light of the Rams last 10 year record.....let's build a winner which only then puts us in the position to judge others.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Maybe so, but Id trade their 13 year record in a heart beat. Personally, I have no problem with those that enjoy criticizing Belicheat or the Pats. But the fact remains that this team has a sterling win-loss record and they have effectively built a dynasty lasting far longer than most in NFL history.

For my part, I'm hoping that these 3 years have set the table for a decade long reign. At the same time, I'm not about to criticize success, especially in light of the Rams last 10 year record.....let's build a winner which only then puts us in the position to judge others.
I wouldn't trade records with them if it meant having to give up our soul, which is what that organization did when it hired belicheat.