Before the arrival of the GSOT...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who was your favorite player on the Rams? In their darkest hour. The 90's.

I remember really digging on Toby Wright, Keith Lyle and Todd Lyght. I vaguely remember 1995 as being a year where there were a lot of interceptions. And Todd Kinchen was pretty fun to watch for a few years. Dude would just launch himself into the air to get extra yards on punt returns. No fear.

Oh, and Amp Lee. I liked that little guy as a receiver out of the backfield.

None were as cool as Sir Isaac the Bruce though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Roman Pfeiffer
Ooooh. That's a good one. I liked him too.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
Roman Pfeiffer

Correct me if I'm wrong but he left to go to the Pats the year before the Rams won the SB and retired the year before the Pats did.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:
Roman Pfeiffer

Correct me if I'm wrong but he left to go to the Pats the year before the Rams won the SB and retired the year before the Pats did.

I was wrong he won three with the Pats,

Middle name Zubinsky, interesting ,mother musta been Slavic or Russian er sumpin.
He apparently did a documentary film film credits read
Roman Zubinsky............................................Pfifer

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Those were some Dark Days in the 90's.

Here are some of mine that haven't already been mentioned...

Robert Delpino
Henry Ellard
Flipper Anderson
Jerry Gray
Kevin Greene
Jim Everett (aka Blade)
Cleveland Gary
"The Battering Ram" Jerome Bettis
Ernie Conwell
Dexter McCleon

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good choices. There were quite a few good players during the 90's, but it just kinda all fell apart year after year after year. 4 head coaches, 4 quarterbacks, about 10 starting RBs, injuries... bleh. That decade really tested your resolve. And then again starting in 2007. We're a bunch of freaks, I tell ya that much.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Isaac Bruce. One of the greatest wideouts to ever play the game. You redo that 1994 draft, and he'd be a top three pick at least (Marshall was also in that draft, so I don't know if he'd be number one).

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Haha! Kevin Greene and Bill Goldberg. When I was a kid and found a card with Goldberg in a Rams uni, I about shit a sideways frisbee!!!
Greene and Fisher were with the Rams the same year. When Fish got the job, I secretly wished that Greene would leave GB and come to STL.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Michael Strahan, I know, I know not a Ram but I had no idea the Rams even existed before the SB.

Strahan was the 1st player I knew by name and basically what got me into the game. The Rams made me a fan.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
A lot of good players listed already. I remember the Rams at 1 point got 1000 yrd rushing from 7 or 8 different backs. Wish Marcus Dupree would have had better knees, I think he was 1 of the draft picks the Rams picked up in the ED trade.

Seems that the Rams had a good D and a running game every year, but couldnt put it all together.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm gonna come clean. I have grown up a Ram fan in LA.... I'm a 3rd generation Ram fan. When the Rams moved from LA I was very distraught. During the turmoil of having my Rams ripped away from their hallowed grounds and them finally winning a SB, I was so pissed at Georgia and Shaw that, while I kept routing for my Rams above all others, I really lost it with most of the players themselves.

I am going to be running against the grain in that I really thought that Tony Banks was dealt almost as slim a hand as Sam was last year. I couldn't even see straight when Brooks was brought in to be the coach. I loved the Oregon connection but hated the choice.

Since Carroll died, I have never felt there was the zeal to have a real winner on the part of ownership as I do now. I cheered on my team like no other even during the years that I KNEW Georgia and Shaw were tanking us for their own agenda. It fucking pissed me off then and it does to this day.

Being that as it is, I really can't pick a player or two. Those guys have angel wings with me as do many of the players that have endured this latest stint of futility. To that would have to say that SJ is my all time favorite Ram player ever if you are going to really couch it around futile years as a Ram player. The dude really deserves our gratitude.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamBall said:
A lot of good players listed already. I remember the Rams at 1 point got 1000 yrd rushing from 7 or 8 different backs. Wish Marcus Dupree would have had better knees, I think he was 1 of the draft picks the Rams picked up in the ED trade.

Seems that the Rams had a good D and a running game every year, but couldnt put it all together.
Marcus Dupree was a FA pickup after his career damaging injury at the end of his college career. My brother and I had hopes for his rejuvenation, but it turned into another on-the-cheap pickup that didn't work by Georgia's LA Rams.
503 said:
I'm gonna come clean. I have grown up a Ram fan in LA.... I'm a 3rd generation Ram fan. When the Rams moved from LA I was very distraught. During the turmoil of having my Rams ripped away from their hallowed grounds and them finally winning a SB, I was so pissed at Georgia and Shaw that, while I kept routing for my Rams above all others, I really lost it with most of the players themselves.

I am going to be running against the grain in that I really thought that Tony Banks was dealt almost as slim a hand as Sam was last year. I couldn't even see straight when Brooks was brought in to be the coach. I loved the Oregon connection but hated the choice.

Since Carroll died, I have never felt there was the zeal to have a real winner on the part of ownership as I do now. I cheered on my team like no other even during the years that I KNEW Georgia and Shaw were tanking us for their own agenda. It freaking pissed me off then and it does to this day.
Excepting the part about Brooks (I didn't know much about him before he became HC) and Banks, your post is pretty much how I felt back then. It was hard to get information on the Rams until I finally got the internet sometime in 2000.

I don't remember many players from the 90's unless they were hold overs from the 80's like Greene, Ellard, Everett. Chances to watch the Rams after the move were few and far between. That is, until 99. Then they were on almost every week starting with that niner game.

PhxRam

Used to really like Jeff Kemp..

EDIT.. Ooops I see he was in the 80's. Where the hell does time go.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiIIMRWBc8A[/youtube]

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:

Since Carroll died, I have never felt there was the zeal to have a real winner on the part of ownership as I do now. I cheered on my team like no other even during the years that I KNEW Georgia and Shaw were tanking us for their own agenda. It fucking pissed me off then and it does to this day.

Being that as it is, I really can't pick a player or two. Those guys have angel wings with me as do many of the players that have endured this latest stint of futility. To that would have to say that SJ is my all time favorite Ram player ever if you are going to really couch it around futile years as a Ram player. The dude really deserves our gratitude.

I hope you're not trying to claim that you, or anyone else for that matter,,, hate john shaw more than me. That's simply impossible my brotha :7up:

I have a solid feeling about having "new" ownership too. I actually believe that there will now be a real emphasis placed on winning. Big change in "culture" as I see it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:

I hope you're not trying to claim that you, or anyone else for that matter,,, hate john shaw more than me. That's simply impossible my brotha :7up:

I have a solid feeling about having "new" ownership too. I actually believe that there will now be a real emphasis placed on winning. Big change in "culture" as I see it.
That's a close one. I think you and Stu should have a Shaw-Hate-Cage-Match.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:

The blinding rage in that cage would be felt 'round the world. :twisted:

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
X said:
Selassie I said:
RamFan503 said:

Since Carroll died, I have never felt there was the zeal to have a real winner on the part of ownership as I do now. I cheered on my team like no other even during the years that I KNEW Georgia and Shaw were tanking us for their own agenda. It freaking pissed me off then and it does to this day.

There's more than just a couple of us out here. Better make it a Battle Royal Cage Match. :grr:

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Jerome Bettis was my favorite during the nineties ... Was shattered when he went to Pittsburgh .. If not for Rich Brooks he may have stayed . When the bus left Bruce was a clear favorite !