Beers You Like?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is always a good off season topic. I have been in the beer business for over 20 years. It has been a career and hobby of mine forever. I am always curious as to what other people enjoy. What is your favorite beer, and what is the beer you normally use to enjoy?

Asking my favorite beer is like asking me what my favorite Beatle album is but here goes...

Favorites - Pike Place Heirloom Amber, Alaskan Amber, New Belgium's Two Below

Go To Guys - Original Coors, Pabst, New Belgium's Fat Tire

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Juice said:
This is always a good off season topic. I have been in the beer business for over 20 years. It has been a career and hobby of mine forever. I am always curious as to what other people enjoy. What is your favorite beer, and what is the beer you normally use to enjoy?

Asking my favorite beer is like asking me what my favorite Beatle album is but here goes...

You and Stu (RamFan503) should have plenty to discuss.

I'm not really into beer so much anymore. When I was younger I'd funnel it 3 or 4 at a time, so it didn't really matter what it was, as long as I could get them in me within 10 seconds. lol. I really did like Fosters Lager on tap though - ice cold. Coors was pretty good too, and so are some of the Sam Adams brews.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll have to see which ones I like this month.

:ww:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'm a new drinker, just a brewski @ a time. I thought b/c of religous reasons I couldn't drink, but not the case.

Currently I like Sam Adams.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My favorite beer is Corona Light. As cold as possible,,, if it's a little frozen, that's OK. It goes down good in the heat of the Florida sun. I don't have to have a lime in it to enjoy it either. Corona Light is always on hand in me casa.

One type of beer that I absolutely will NOT drink is draft beer (of any kind). That shit will guarantee me a major headache / hangover.

Rum is my drink of choice. Far happier buzz for me, and I don't have to drink near as many cocktails in order to get there.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Juice said:

I'm not really into beer so much anymore. When I was younger I'd funnel it 3 or 4 at a time, so it didn't really matter what it was, as long as I could get them in me within 10 seconds. lol. I really did like Fosters Lager on tap though - ice cold. Coors was pretty good too, and so are some of the Sam Adams brews.

Huh? Not sure to what you refer.

If you want my opinion though, there is this little brewery in Oregon that puts out some amazing ales. They are a brewery called Twisted Snout Brewery just off the coast in the town of Toledo. They also happen to be located in the same building as this great BBQ restaurant that Fodor's Travel Guides called the best BBQ in the Pacific Northwest.

Their Twisted Snout IPA is my favorite. Great malt backbone, with copious amounts of hops. Their Honey Oatmeal Porker is amazing as well. Nice, rich, and creamy with an oat silkiness and a little residual sweetness from the honey. Yum. Of course it I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Red Headed Step Hog or the Wilbur's White Wheat. Then there is the Dayle Earnhog, and of course the Raspberry Squeal. For light beers, give me the Gateway Golden. Named that because it is the gateway to microbrews. Feed a little Gateway to those domestic beer drinkers and suddenly they become hooked on craft beers.

Alright - enough shameless plugs. Besides, this is getting hard to look at as I type.

Some of my favorites that the outstanding brewery known as Twisted Snout Brewery doesn't brew are:

Deschutes Brewery - Inversion IPA
Boneyard - RPM IPA
Deschutes - Black Butte Porter
Watneys - Red Barrel
Paulaner - Hefeweizen
Guiness - Draft in a can

And my favorite 3 - 4 in a funnel beer (just for Paul) is Rainier.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
I'm a new drinker, just a brewski @ a time. I thought b/c of religous reasons I couldn't drink, but not the case.

American Lager?

That's dark for a new beer enthusiast. I know from experience. lol I went up to Boston right after I turned 21 and decided I had to have one because it was the quintessential Boston beer. Wasnt my favorite.

I stick to the light stuff. Pacifico is probably my favorite.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamFan503 said:
X said:
Juice said:

Huh? Not sure to what you refer.

If you want my opinion though, there is this little brewery in Oregon that puts out some amazing ales. They are a brewery called Twisted Snout Brewery just off the coast in the town of Toledo. They also happen to be located in the same building as this great BBQ restaurant that Fodor's Travel Guides called the best BBQ in the Pacific Northwest.

Their Twisted Snout IPA is my favorite. Great malt backbone, with copious amounts of hops. Their Honey Oatmeal Porker is amazing as well. Nice, rich, and creamy with an oat silkiness and a little residual sweetness from the honey. Yum. Of course it I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the Red Headed Step Hog or the Wilbur's White Wheat. Then there is the Dayle Earnhog, and of course the Raspberry Squeal. For light beers, give me the Gateway Golden. Named that because it is the gateway to microbrews. Feed a little Gateway to those domestic beer drinkers and suddenly they become hooked on craft beers.

Alright - enough shameless plugs. Besides, this is getting hard to look at as I type.

Some of my favorites that the outstanding brewery known as Twisted Snout Brewery doesn't brew are:

Deschutes Brewery - Inversion IPA
Boneyard - RPM IPA
Deschutes - Black Butte Porter
Watneys - Red Barrel
Paulaner - Hefeweizen
Guiness - Draft in a can

And my favorite 3 - 4 in a funnel beer (just for Paul) is Rainier.

Deschutes is a good brewery. You really do not see a lot of it in North Carolina though. Of course, Paulaner is a classic brewery. Does Paulaner make Franziskaner? I forget.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Juice said:
Of course, Paulaner is a classic brewery. Does Paulaner make Franziskaner? I forget.

Different brewery. They make a really good Weiss beer too though.

Angry Ram

libertadrocks said:
Angry Ram said:

American Lager?

That's dark for a new beer enthusiast. I know from experience. lol I went up to Boston right after I turned 21 and decided I had to have one because it was the quintessential Boston beer. Wasnt my favorite.

I stick to the light stuff. Pacifico is probably my favorite.

I have no idea. There's a whole world out there IDK.

It was good, tho. Only had 1.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Looking over everyone's choices was eye opening to say the least. I had no idea I was on a board with such educated palates.
I drink Michelob, Busch, Milwaukee's Best Ice draft. In a emergency I can choke down a Budweiser. If I'm in a "Come at me Bro" mood I may drink a Dos Equis. I love draft beer by the pitcher because of the challenge to get it drank before it gets warm.
I truly believe that beer should be the same color going in as you expect it coming out. It's asking the body too much change the color.
I do not drink beer that has fruit flavors, made out of lentil beans or other strange things. I am a man, I do not drink light beer.
Someone once bought me a Guinness. I spit it on the floor cause I was sure someone had shyte in it on the way to the table.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah... I used to drink Michelob before I had taste. :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
Someone once bought me a Guinness. I spit it on the floor cause I was sure someone had shyte in it on the way to the table.
:sly:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Draft Boulevard Wheat. Damn that's some good stuff, with a lemon, mmmmm. Too bad you can't get it outside of the Midwest. I also like Hoergaarden, which is pretty tasty too...I'm a big fan of wheat beers.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
brokeu91 said:
Draft Boulevard Wheat. Damn that's some good stuff, with a lemon, mmmmm. Too bad you can't get it outside of the Midwest. I also like Hoergaarden, which is pretty tasty too...I'm a big fan of wheat beers.

Brokeu91, Wheat beers used to be one of my faves, and it looks like you prefer the Belgian style White as opposed to the German style Wheat. Of course, I do not know that for sure, because I have never had The Draft Blvd, but Hoegarden is definitely a White. One of my favorite American Whites wsa the Celis White. I haven't been able to find it in a long time, but you guys might be able to as I am on the east coast. Unibrue's La Fin Du Monde is another good one. You might want to check that one out as well as the Blue Moon Belgian White.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
brokeu91 said:

I love a good wheat beer as well. I think if even domestic beer drinkers tried one they might be very surprised. They are not heavy or hoppy like a lot of craft brews and have some pretty cool flavor notes. Try Paulaner Heff if you can find it. It also is very much like our Wilbur's White Wheat (WWW). We were actually targeting the style of Paulaner and we hit it pretty close.

Angry Ram

Can someone please explain to me some terms? American lager/dark, light (I think it just means less calories?), etc.? I'm sorry but really I'm just starting.

All I know is that Corona, Sam Adams = :tooth: , that Keystone is like the the Wal-Mart of beers, and that I think Heinekin is freakin nasty. Coors/Bud...any good?

I heard Blue Moon is good, gonna try that one of these days.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Angry

Have you tried Captain Morgan yet ? I prefer it with Diet Coke, but many like it with regular Coke. Way better than beer if you ask me.

If you're going to stick to beer,,, just remember, everyone's taste is different. You have to try them for yourself to know if YOU like it or not. Since you're just a young Buck,,, you've got some work to do sonny boy. :sly:

And watch what you say about Corona there Brah. :p FTR,,, it costs more than most. Maybe not as much as some of those thick beers, but you can decide if you like that kind of thing for yourself. :lmao:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Oh man I used to drink Captain Morgan all the time...

Had a real bad experience with it one night, now when I touch it I almost puke... Hard liquor doesn't really agree with me much.