Bears Rams Trade Rumor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
And, I agree with everyone that getting one of the LBs at 7 isn't ideal. Cooper, White or Scherff will be there at 7. Which is interesting... may mean that they really like Scherff then.

Top 7 "elite" in draft in no paticular order?

Williams
Winston
Mariota
Fowler
Cooper
White
Scherff

I'd actually take Scherff off this list and put Beasley on. So then, if I was the Rams, I'm not seeing any offensive lineman as a top 7 guy.

…..

Legend
This thread is awful emotional for deal that hasnt been made lol

I'm sure there is more to the story....I know one thing, for the several teams rumored to be involved I am sure there is more than Brockers, pick #7 and pick #10 being discussed.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I get the feeling we are all in for a wild ride in this year's draft. Seems GMs are getting creative and we might be served up multiple team trades, picks for players deals, etc. etc. etc. I can't wait! :party:

V3

Hall of Fame
Not a fan of Brockers so yeah, go ahead and do it as long as there aren't any other picks involved on our end.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Brockers on two good ankles controls the middle better than anybody we've had in a very long time. Our run D changed the minute he was committed to NT. If this is true, I have a bad feeling we'll regret this. How long did we suffer while endlessly watching no-name RB's look like Gayle Sayers?

I hate to say it, but if I had to chose, I'd rather lose Long

A55VA6

Legend
I think trading Brockers would be dumb... unless he's unhappy. No reason to keep around a guy that dont want to be there.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
fuuuuuuuuck that unless we're getting more in return and it's guaranteed that Cooper is there at 7

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I just can't believe that Rams fans think it would be a bad deals for us since the Bears fans want it.:rolleyes::confused:o_O

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm kind of indifferent on it happening I say we got to see if someone we really, really want is sitting there at 7. If so and he's a game-changer, hard to not want to pull that trigger.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Brockers was a major reason why Donald was able to wreak the havoc he did. Taking up two blockers all the time without complaint. Does anyone really think that Fairley would do the same thing?

This is where a "I really fucking like this comment' button is needed!!

I said as much in another thread. The reason AD could cut loose last year aside from his outrageous talent was the fact that Brockers was doing a lot of the grunt work!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Not a fan of Brockers so yeah, go ahead and do it as long as there aren't any other picks involved on our end.

I think you can get the same level of play from Fairley. We have a glutton of talent on the D-line. At some point, that was going to suffer to improve another unit.

I do have to admire us as Rams fans. More people are upset about losing Brockers than Sam. At least it shows that we have our priorities straight. (as far as players that have earned it go.)

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I think you can get the same level of play from Fairley. We have a glutton of talent on the D-line. At some point, that was going to suffer to improve another unit.

I do have to admire us as Rams fans. More people are upset about losing Brockers than Sam. At least it shows that we have our priorities straight. (as far as players that have earned it go.)
In what world has Fairely produced anywhere near what Brockers has besides being drafted in round 1? For all those here who think losing Brockers is no biggie keep in mind that right now Fairely is the only legit depth behind him so you create another hole that you supposedly just filled.
I hope this is just a bunch of bs.

TexasRam

Legend
I would absolutely do this deal.

I hate pick 10. It has high probability of being in that 2nd level group. Pick 7 gives you one of the top players the Rams Covet.

Brockers never turned that corner and we can find a run stopper in late round to match his production. He's also a final year contract 2 down player.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
The twat twitter post said " Rams Bears swap draft picks and Brockers" The twitterverse Did Not Say..." Rams Bears Swap 1st round draft picks!":cool:

Les Snead may be blonde, but he is not an idiot!o_O

I'm don't often quote draft value charts like Pentecostal preachers repeat:eek: Bible verses but, :notworthy:

The difference between Rams #10 pick and Bears #7 is only 200 draft value points... That's roughly equivalent to a third round draft pick. If Bears get Brockers and our 3rd round pick...Da Bears still get a draft day gift...Brockers is icing on the Bear Claw Cake! But wait,

Several wise ROD members have pointed out how important the Salary Cap figures in genius GM moves...Rams can't invest a quarter of total salary cap in Rams Fearsome Foursome Front Four!

If Les Snead perceives a large drop off from the 7th pick(y) to 8th pick...If there is an Elite cluster of SEVEN athletes at the top of Ram's Big Board...Then I won't sneeze, and I'm sure Les Snead won't sneeze at dealing a 3rd or 4th round pick and double team eating Michael Brockers for a chance to draft a future hall of famer!:sneaky::cool:(y)

Yet, at the end of the day...We know this entire thread is a silly little trade rumor:ROFLMAO:, Foreplay to Draft Day!

But we've been so bored:( we could die:eek: watching pre-draft paint dry, so dammit...If we want to make some silly noise two days before the draft, and propose ridiculous deals...And you don't like this post...So sue me!

Or if you dare, compete against me in the Silly Olympics!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI8CWptOEm8

RamzFanz

Damnit
I think whoever said they could be building a package to move up further had an interesting thought.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
In what world has Fairely produced anywhere near what Brockers has besides being drafted in round 1? For all those here who think losing Brockers is no biggie keep in mind that right now Fairely is the only legit depth behind him so you create another hole that you supposedly just filled.
I hope this is just a bunch of bs.

It is what it is, but we run many different looks across the d-line in these days with Williams. Remember, that he sees decreased time with this and may not be worth his asking price. This is part of the business of the NFL.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
This is close to being the biggest "troll alert" I have ever heard.
Actually real rumor is the Rams are close to trading Foles to the Browns for Johnny Manzeil.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Lets trade Brockers, sure. Who needs runstopping anyways. Throw out a team completely made of horrible runstoppers who pass rush good. Not like we get gashed for 200 yards often or anything.

Also if we move up I doubt it's a move to get a WR, but rather to secure that Scherff is ours.