Bears Rams Trade Rumor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

62ramsfan

UDFA
That's true. He and Langford made a huge difference that first year, though not so much lately. Hammer was complaining early last year the Brockers had lost weight trying to get quicker and wasn't as effective as a run-stuffer. I think he's right. Last year wasn't his best year. If he puts the weight back on, I think he'll be better.

Speaking of living up to his draft slot, recent drafts have produced Darelle Revis, Earl Thomas and Robert Quinn at #14. That can be a pretty sweet spot to draft. Star Lotuleilei and Kyle Fuller could end up being pretty good as well. But Brockers is far from a bust. I'll be happy if he stays, but only if he'll settle for something less than mega-bucks.

Lastly, if it's true that the Rams think there are only 7 elite players, and if that explains why they're trying to trade up, then that means they don't like the value they'll get at #10. They're not alone: today the Vikings announced that they want to trade down out of #11. So we might also see a trade down if this trade up deal doesn't happen. The same thing was said 2 years ago -- that they didn't like the value they were going to get at #16 -- and the result was the trade up for Tavon.

…..

Legend
I think a lot of folks have amnesia..I remember when we didn't have Michael Brockers, and getting gashed up the gut it seemed like every game...Remember Adam Carriker? It seemed like a problem that we could never fix...Brockers was asked to do the no flashy DT thing...fewer sacks amd clog themiddle, and he did it well...Now we want to dump him for doing that? HUGE mistake HUGE

Note of interest......Carriker has been invited to Falcons training camp, which makes sense based on the gaping hole that is thier defensive line.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think a lot of folks have amnesia..I remember when we didn't have Michael Brockers, and getting gashed up the gut it seemed like every game...Remember Adam Carriker? It seemed like a problem that we could never fix...Brockers was asked to do the no flashy DT thing...fewer sacks amd clog themiddle, and he did it well...Now we want to dump him for doing that? HUGE mistake HUGE

Bringing up Adam Carriker was pretty nasty, but...it had to be done.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I guess I'm different than alot of fans here. I'm still trying to come to terms that they traded away sam. Even though I understand why they did it I still don't agree with it.

The way many here are happy to toss aside brockers is puzzling to me. I just can't support shirts, I support the players in the shirts. A class act like brockers who has served the rams well is a player I would not be happy at all if he was dealt away.

Yes I know Quinn and Donald are the 2 keepers in the line. Doesn't mean I will be happy if they let brockers go.

Well said @kurtfaulk . I couldn't agree more with everything you said if I had written it myself.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!

Heres an article from turfshowtimes

Ok, well it's left fieldian for sure, but two sources on the same player...

Just two days ago the Rams locked up Brockers for 2016 by exercising his fifth-year option on his rookie deal. Could they really ship him out within the week as part of a draft day deal?

The CBA made free agency speculation on secondary deal crucial for players who are going to be in the league beyond their rookie contracts or year-to-year clinger deals. So eyeing his next contract (whether that's him eyeing it or his reps...) isn't all that reprehensible. From the Rams standpoint, it's certainly a position of strength. The Rams hit big time on Aaron Donald in the 2014 NFL Draft, and picking up Nick Fairley in free agency certainly gives them an out. Moving Brockers and picking up some additional draft capital, potentially moving up to 7th overall from the Bears who have also been mentioned, would allow the Rams to strengthen another position and improve the team in ways Brockers cannot. And if Brock is dedicated to securing a long-term deal which the Rams are unwilling to provide, they can at least get something for him instead of letting him walk for free.

Why It Doesn't Make Sense
Jeff Fisher getting rid of talented defensive linemen?! Pshaw. And for a team that's built around promising youth, abandoning an embodiment of it after just three years of productive, healthy football doesn't seem like a brick on the path to success. Has Michael Brockers as the 14th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft made good on that value when Aaron Donald's career is off to a much more productive start in one year after being selected with the 13th overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft? Maybe not. But not all drafts are equal. And not all players are equal. Donald's not asked to do what Brockers is. If the Rams aren't comfortable with the fill-in options, shedding Brock doesn't make sense at all.

Likelihood: 4/10
Casting a wide net with multiple teams brings this up from about a 2.5 for me, but it's still relatively unlikely. The real key would be draft compensation. If one of those teams is unusually thirsty for Brockers, the Rams may have to say yes on the terms alone regardless of how highly they value Brockers individually.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Has Michael Brockers as the 14th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft made good on that value when Aaron Donald's career is off to a much more productive start in one year after being selected with the 13th overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft? Maybe not.

@Memento won't like this and rightly so. They might both be listed as DTs but to compare them like this is just mental. They play completely different roles and Donald doesn't have that start to his career without Brockers next to him occupy o linemen. Statements like this really do make you question the knowledge of so called journalists. Is it unreasonable to hold sports writers to a standard higher than this?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Allbright has an incredible track record when he says something is going to happen. But he isn't saying this is going to happen. He is saying he has heard rumors of this.

If this trade happens I'd have to think the Rams are getting something more than just moving up a few spots.

V3

Hall of Fame
@Memento won't like this and rightly so. They might both be listed as DTs but to compare them like this is just mental. They play completely different roles and Donald doesn't have that start to his career without Brockers next to him occupy o linemen. Statements like this really do make you question the knowledge of so called journalists. Is it unreasonable to hold sports writers to a standard higher than this?
Comparing them is fair game. Smart teams running a 4-3 don't take 2 down run stuffing DT's that high in the draft. It's poor value. It was brought up at the time of the Brockers draft and Fisher said they'd teach him to get sacks. They haven't. He can't even keep his weight up to act as a traditional NT.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Comparing them is fair game. Smart teams running a 4-3 don't take 2 down run stuffing DT's that high in the draft. It's poor value. It was brought up at the time of the Brockers draft and Fisher said they'd teach him to get sacks. They haven't. He can't even keep his weight up to act as a traditional NT.
What? He had 5.5 sacks in 2013. That's a lot for a DT. You actually CANT compare them considering their size and speed. Aaron Donald is one of the best DTs in the game already and Brockers is probably top 12. I really don't understand this thought process.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Jim Thomas tweeted Kevin Demoff has apparently said that Brockers isn't getting traded.

I can only imagine how pissed he's gonna be if it happens.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Fuck it. I'm out. I don't know what to believe anymore. See you guys tomorrow in the draft thread :mad:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Jim Thomas tweeted Kevin Demoff has apparently said that Brockers isn't getting traded.

I can only imagine how pissed he's gonna be if it happens.
I know right. I mean JT is still all pissy from when they traded Bradford

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First off the 10+Brockers for 7 is not only a rumor, but speculation on a rumor. That trade would be a bit like culling a 5lb fish because you think the fish you are fighting is a 7 pounder.