Baseball 2017

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it just me that thinks Puig deserves a shot higher in the lineup? It's killing me to watch Forsythe behind Bellinger. I'd go right left right left all through the line up.
1) Taylor
2) Seager
3) Puig or Turner
4) Bellinger
5) Turner or Puig
6) Pederson
7) Yasmani or Boone
8) Forsythe
9) Pitcher

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is it just me that thinks Puig deserves a shot higher in the lineup? It's killing me to watch Forsythe behind Bellinger. I'd go right left right left all through the line up.
1) Taylor
2) Seager
3) Puig or Turner
4) Bellinger
5) Turner or Puig
6) Pederson
7) Yasmani or Boone
8) Forsythe
9) Pitcher
IMO don't mess with what's working. It's a nice aspect of the lineup that he's doing great while hitting in the 8 hole.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO don't mess with what's working. It's a nice aspect of the lineup that he's doing great while hitting in the 8 hole.
Yeah, I get that. It's just that Taylor and Seager are tearing it up right now, and I'm seeing Turner cool off and I'd like to see Bellinger protected by a bigger bat than Forsythes. Why not experiment a little bit?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I get that. It's just that Taylor and Seager are tearing it up right now, and I'm seeing Turner cool off and I'd like to see Bellinger protected by a bigger bat than Forsythes. Why not experiment a little bit?
As the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. The Dodgers are doing amazing right now lets not try to reinvent the wheel while we're cruising. Puig does on occasion bat higher than he is but we're doing just fine. The guys hitting 5, 6 and 7 get on base and Puig is there to drive them in. He's at 1 HR less than Seager and 1 RBI more than Seager last I saw. It's working fine as is.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. The Dodgers are doing amazing right now lets not try to reinvent the wheel while we're cruising. Puig does on occasion bat higher than he is but we're doing just fine. The guys hitting 5, 6 and 7 get on base and Puig is there to drive them in. He's at 1 HR less than Seager and 1 RBI more than Seager last I saw. It's working fine as is.
You're probably right. At least Pederson was in the 5 hole last night with Forsythe out of the line up. I think this is a step in the right direction. We may be seeing that Puig is still in Robert's prove it to me dog house and he certainly knows more about that than I do. I am amazed Puig is doing as well as he is in the 8 hole. I just think he is an incredible talent about to bloom and could be even more effective.
Did you catch him on MLB Tonight last night?

Deadstock

Digital Designer
Name
Deadstock
don't forget that with AG coming back, that lineup is also liable to change. But I hope they keep it as is.

TexasRam

Legend
I think A-Gon was put on the 60 day.

But yeah if he comes back
I plug him in at 5.

Don't like Puig at 5, too much pressure for him while he develops his hitting approach.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think A-Gon was put on the 60 day.

But yeah if he comes back
I plug him in at 5.

Don't like Puig at 5, too much pressure for him while he develops his hitting approach.
Agon is on a rehab right now. He did go on the 60 and is about ready to come off of it. I would imagine that he and Cody will be in basically a platoon at 1b with Cody's other AB coming from either LF or RF.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Agon is on a rehab right now. He did go on the 60 and is about ready to come off of it. I would imagine that he and Cody will be in basically a platoon at 1b with Cody's other AB coming from either LF or RF.

Problem is, Taylor and Puig are hitting well. I don't think you can field the best lineup without them and Bellinger in there. They're all a threat to go deep any time they step in the batters box. AGon might be limited to spot starts and pinch hitting. Pederson's a guy I'd consider platooning but I don't know if the others could play center. Roberts is gonna have to get creative.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem is, Taylor and Puig are hitting well. I don't think you can field the best lineup without them and Bellinger in there. They're all a threat to go deep any time they step in the batters box. AGon might be limited to spot starts and pinch hitting. Pederson's a guy I'd consider platooning but I don't know if the others could play center. Roberts is gonna have to get creative.
Taylor can also play 2b, ss and 3b. Roberts absolutely is going to have to get creative but the easiest thing he'll have to do is convince AGon that he won't be playing every day. Ease it back in and not over work him, he sees what is happening with Bellinger and knows his future is limited. He's a team player and veteran he'll handle the situation well. This team has such a good clubhouse and that's imo the biggest difference between Doc and Donny. I'm not worried about it when AGon comes back, Doc has this clubhouse all wanting one thing to win.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Taylor can also play 2b, ss and 3b. Roberts absolutely is going to have to get creative but the easiest thing he'll have to do is convince AGon that he won't be playing every day. Ease it back in and not over work him, he sees what is happening with Bellinger and knows his future is limited. He's a team player and veteran he'll handle the situation well. This team has such a good clubhouse and that's imo the biggest difference between Doc and Donny. I'm not worried about it when AGon comes back, Doc has this clubhouse all wanting one thing to win.
I love Taylors bat, but I would be leery of replacing Forsythe with him at second base. Taylor has 5 errors to Forsythe's 3 at second base this year, with many more chances for Forsythe. I have even seen Taylor almost misplay a couple of balls in left this year but fortunately make the play anyway. On the other hand, Forsythe is not having a banner year at the plate, so you're right, Roberts will have some choices to make. I'm also curious to see if Ethier has anything left to contribute.

bnw

Pro Bowler
That is great! The cats face does look like a Bobcat. Yadi.......what can be said? Cardinals of late looking more like the team we knew they could be. I love this time of year!:yess:

I can see it now......all the squirming things Cardinals fans will be trying to bring to games in their coolers for rally insurance!:rolllaugh:

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers on pace to win 114 games, and that's at their season win %. If they continue on their current torrid pace, who knows the could win 120!
Anyone know what the record is for NL wins in season?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers should put Agonz thru revocable waivers and if he clears, trade him to the Yankees who could use a left handed power bat. Dodgers dont even need him and I wouldnt mess with Bellinger's mojo

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Dodgers on pace to win 114 games, and that's at their season win %. If they continue on their current torrid pace, who knows the could win 120!

You dont remember the 116 wins by the 1906 Cubs!?

Big Red Machine had 108 in '75

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want the Dodgers to get the record for regular season wins. Little bit of trivia but the record holder for wins for the major sports in the USA didn't win the championship that year.

bnw

Pro Bowler

I can only find winning percentage for record which is held by the 1906 Cubs at 0.763 with a 116-36 season. I'm not sure that is considered a modern era record though. I know the Cardinals have had a few 100 win seasons with 106 being the most in a 154 game season with only 8 seasons out of 125 of 100 or more wins.

bnw

Pro Bowler
I don't want the Dodgers to get the record for regular season wins. Little bit of trivia but the record holder for wins for the major sports in the USA didn't win the championship that year.
2001 Mariners?