Bank it: the Quick experiment is coming to an end

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
It's hard to evaluate Quickie properly without a QB who can find him consistently downfield. And we still are not providing enough freedom for Todd to do his rampaging thing all over opponents. Are they really planning to mothball Jared for this season? Isn't it time to swap QB's and give Todd a decent chance at another ProBowl season?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Quick deserves huge credit for his two TDs this game, as well as his TD last week vs Tampa Bay.

He also nearly reeled in a deep ball this week too for what would have been a huge gain, but a nice play was made by the Arizona defender. And Quick nearly came up with a crucial + very difficult diving catch to move the chains, as well! I'd argue he has to find a way to come down with at least one of those two targets.... But Quick is playing great, building confidence, and finally giving us some viable options in terms of conventional receivers outside of Britt.

Last year was arguably a write off for him due to the injury. It's still early. But I've got all my fingers crossed Quick can turn his career around. The Rams need him! So far, he is looking like a very legitimate NFL receiver once again, just like he did in 2013. This WR corps need all the legit NFL receivers it can get! Britt is our only one right now who fits the conventional mould.

Last edited:

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
It's hard to evaluate Quickie properly without a QB who can find him consistently downfield. And we still are not providing enough freedom for Todd to do his rampaging thing all over opponents. Are they really planning to mothball Jared for this season? Isn't it time to swap QB's and give Todd a decent chance at another ProBowl season?

who cares about the probowl??? we're 3-1!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This guy always teases us. Has all the tools to dominate yet rarely does in games.

He's like your girl on a night out. She looks hot and you love looking at her expecting some action later on but then stuff happens and nothing else happens. But on days like today you get your hands on her and go to town.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everytime you think he can't get any dumber , he does something and totally redeems his self.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ok @LACHAMP46 .... I like Louisiana hot sauce with my crow... :rant:

Crow probably never tasted so good - eh? I think you and everyone else here hopes you continue to have crow dinners. Cheers man.
I knew this thread would be here when I got back from the bar and I'M EFFIN STOKED ABOUT IT!!!!

Keep makin me eat that crow Quickie!!!
You knew it had to be. As soon as I saw it at the top of the page, I got a little chuckle. Can you now say something really negative about Tavon, Gurley, and Keenum? :D Cheers to you too Merlin.

RamWoodie

Legend
Actually I think Quick has been a victim of mismanagement since he got to this team. AT the same time I have to admit I really didn't fathom how bad coming from Div 2 college football could hurt a player.

There's blame on the coaching staff, there's blame on Quick, and even now I think we all need to sit on the fence here.

In this game, as well as the Bucs game I for the first time feel we *may* have an OC that's realizing how best to use both Quick and Britt. They are not "burners"...but both these guys can get you down the field if you call plays that fit what they can do.

They have SIZE and decent speed...so what you do is play to those advantages...and in the last 2 weeks, if feel Boras has done that.

It's the same thing with TA! Stop using him as only a gadget player! He has the talent for that...but what says a 5' 8" WR cannot be an effective WR??? Here again I think the Rams are short sighted. TA has speed and not size...but this guy can play WR if the Rams just let him. Granted you have to be careful with him going across the middle...and he has to be smart when he does that.

In Bruce and Holt the Rams had WRs with speed...not size. Bruce was one of the best route runners I know...and Holt learned from him...but both of these guys were smart enough to realize when to get down and "live to play another day". The Rams need to let TA do that. He's more than a "gadget player".

Now...back to Britt and Quick. Boras is the FIRST OC, that I think has an idea how to get the most out of these guys.

Next week...Buffalo!

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
No bull's hit. I was 1 against why because at that time he looked out of tune. Hey. I'm all for giving 2nd 3rd.....maybe 4th chances but he was there and did great things. Positive.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I may buy a Quick jersey!!! He had such a rough preseason an a lot of people gave him heat for his continued dropped passes but he played with a lot of heart today! I'm pulling for this guy! He just bought a house near me in Newbury Park and it would suck if he was cut suddenly after !

Q729

Legend
I hope he's not getting dinged up after every play. Seems like he's always in pain when he gets up.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
He's like your girl on a night out. She looks hot and you love looking at her expecting some action later on but then stuff happens and nothing else happens. But on days like today you get your hands on her and go to town.

A day like this you get your hands and then some

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Who the hell is the Brian Quick guy everyone's talking about???

Ok, seriously, both of those catches were excellent, but the second one especially so. Had to adjust to the ball in flight, got around, went up and made the catch and managed to get both feet down in bounds ... excellent body control on that one. And when ... just when we needed it the absolute most, that's when. Totally clutch.

This will give our QB's more confidence in going to him, and it will give him more confidence when it's coming to him. Keep your head cool BQ, don't get overconfident, but just remember what you've done and know that you can do it again.