Bank it: the Quick experiment is coming to an end

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Who is Quick??? Honestly I hope Spruce or Coop can show for it...They have had plenty of rest...

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
68... 966... 7

lets just hope someone Higs Spruce coop ... just anybody steps it up and we can call it quits on BQ

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think you are assuming all injuries are cumulative. Not true, Doc. Some are just the right hit at the right angle on a perfectly healthy joint at the right time.
Meh....injuries aren't cumulative huh? You don't think a constant pounding gradually weakens an area, which later has a blowout? okay...Cooper has had 2 injuries this season...in preseason games...SPRUCE has an injury, in his first professional game, that has lasted for over a month..One thing the NFL will do, it's cause injuries and that's 100% certain....it's the players that can still perform that teams look for...if you're missing games this soon due to injuries...that's injury "prone" in my book. And until they can play several games in a row...through these injuries...I'll, me, myself, will continue to feel these rookies are prone to injuries that they can't perform with...
As far as the main topic....which I was commenting on...How can a guy that had 25 catches...for almost 400 yards...in 7 games...in the pros...before he had his ONE and ONLY injury that required him to miss games, be replaced by rookies that haven't proven they can do 1/4 of that production? What happens if Britt or Tavon become injured? Do we just go with SPRUCE & Cooper? Is that the plan? Really????:thinking:

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Meh....injuries aren't cumulative huh? You don't think a constant pounding gradually weakens an area, which later has a blowout? okay...Cooper has had 2 injuries this season...in preseason games...SPRUCE has an injury, in his first professional game, that has lasted for over a month..One thing the NFL will do, it's cause injuries and that's 100% certain....it's the players that can still perform that teams look for...if you're missing games this soon due to injuries...that's injury "prone" in my book. And until they can play several games in a row...through these injuries...I'll, me, myself, will continue to feel these rookies are prone to injuries that they can't perform with...
As far as the main topic....which I was commenting on...How can a guy that had 25 catches...for almost 400 yards...in 7 games...in the pros...before he had his ONE and ONLY injury that required him to miss games, be replaced by rookies that haven't proven they can do 1/4 of that production? What happens if Britt or Tavon become injured? Do we just go with SPRUCE & Cooper? Is that the plan? Really????:thinking:

Some injuries are cumulative and some are not. Put enough force to a joint (or a brain or a muscle) the very first time it experiences it and it will be damaged. Doesn't make the joint or the player "injury prone." Only time will tell that, which Cooper and Spruce are being given. As to playing through injury, as you suggest as an attribute, how do you know the Rams aren't prohibiting that due to a longer term view?

Anyway, we'll all know soon enough. As far as your boy Quick goes, I, me, myself have seen enough to know he's Not For Long.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
As to playing through injury, as you suggest as an attribute, how do you know the Rams aren't prohibiting that due to a longer term view?
maybe...
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...p-rams-defense-straight/#.V-IDPPlq4nY.twitter
THOUSAND OAKS (AP)Lamarcus Joyner has been playing on a broken toe since the second quarter of the Los Angeles Rams’ season opener.

Although his teammates and coaches are impressed by his resolve, the defensive back simply is determined to hold up his end of the secondary.

“I knew I had to be accountable to the defense, so I just kept my mouth closed and kept playing,” Joyner said Tuesday after practice.

Joyner broke the second toe on his left foot during the Rams’ season-opening loss at San Francisco. He said it felt like his foot “fell asleep,” and when his toe wouldn’t move after his foot woke up, Joyner knew something was wrong.

He just didn’t tell coach Jeff Fisher or the training staff until the 28-0 loss ended.

“I just strapped on my cleats and I played, man,” Joyner said. “I know it was an important game to us. If you just think about 2014, that draft, how Coach Fisher … gave up a pick for me, all that kind of stuff just ran in my mind. They’ve made a lot of sacrifices for me, so I can fight through something like this.”

Although an episode of HBO’s “Hard Knocks” captured Joyner suggesting he was seriously contemplating quitting football, the defensive back says he is still devoted to the sport and the Rams: He played extensively in Los Angeles’ 9-3 win over Seattle last Sunday.

After playing 134 of the Rams’ first 148 defensive snaps with only nine good toes, he intends to be in uniform again this weekend at Tampa Bay.

“It was nothing that was going to keep him from playing,” Fisher said. “You can kind of get an appreciation for his commitment to this game and his teammates. Playing through that is not easy.”

But Joyner’s toughness isn’t a surprise to the Rams.

“That’s why we drafted him,” Fisher said. “We watched him for a couple of years there at Florida State, and he’s one of those guys. He shows it every day.”
could playing on a broken toe cause future concerns to his lower extremity? I'd say, hell yeah...do the Rams say different? Why...because of the player? Who knows...
I have read Cooper & SPRUCE never missed a game in college...Never....but their first pro games were injured and missed games...Sounds like injury prone to me...

Quick can't be done just yet, know why? He's still on the roster...getting snaps.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Your point is valid 46, except for one thing: THAT player disappeared after the shoulder injury. What we have in Quick is a guy who still gets on the field almost by default, and who has very little impact on this offense. He still doesn't know where to line up at times, I mean is the guy stupid? Something is NOT right with him; he should be the vet that is showing these rooks what to do, not the vet who is lining up wrong. And all that talent he has is worth nothing when it doesn't translate to the field. His catch radius is terrible for his size, his hands are inconsistent, and these two rookies both run better routes than him already.

Lastly, these rooks don't need to replace "400 yards in 7 games" production brother. They need to replace 4 receptions for 31 yards production. They need to be in the right spot at the right time in the passing game, which I actually think both Coop and Spruce will do, as will Higbee. From there our problems are primarily at the QB position.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
What we have in Quick is a guy who still gets on the field almost by default
You mean to tell me, they just throw guys on the field? They just cut guys because of what, looks? How exactly has a guy made a roster for 5 straight years? All on draft position???? I can see why many are frustrated with his output...I still am frustrated with his use...the way they utilize the one major matchup problem on the team...When he was targeted, he was productive...with these new QB's, he isn't...Is it him, or is it the QB? Isn't that why they tape every practice...every drill? To see who's NOT getting it done??? Isn't that how SPRUCE made the team? Surely the ONE preseason game helped, but I'm sure after reviewing practice video they had already decided he could help the team...Not as a starter mind you, but as a backup...
Cooper they feel, can help as a starter...Not a primary target...But as a key piece in the slot....I can see that too...And to assume he'll miraculously receive a huge number or targets, or change the game in any way, WITH KEENUM AT QB, is simply not being realistic...
Get Quick on the field...run some vertical routes...and watch the player they drafted take over...

4 receptions for 31 yards...please include the 0 drops...the only disappointment I have is the lack of YAC....but again...he can only run the routes he's given...Look at everyones stats...Besides Britt's...hell throw Kendricks in there..those numbers look better...but every other offensive players numbers are pitiful...is it the receivers? or the QB?
http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/la

Not blaming Boras anymore...the all-22 shows who's open....and who Keenum chooses to throw to...

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again
Quick can't be done just yet, know why? He's still on the roster...getting snaps.

Well, let's hope he stays healthy, because, by your logic, if he gets hurt again he'll be equally as injury-prone as Cooper and twice as prone as Spruce. Good thing his on-field performance is so superior.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
WR Tavon Austin: Austin has been targeted a team-leading 22 times, but has only pulled in nine catches for 63 yards. The Rams like to get Austin the ball near the line of scrimmage to give him space to run, but they have yet to maximize his ability.

ill just leave this right here haha.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
One game doesn't cut it. Consistent production will determine whether he's worth keeping or not.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I knew this thread would light up again.

Honestly, Quick hasn't been perfect, we all know that.But he did well today. It's not like he has Tom Brady at QB. How many targets do these guys really get. I mean Britt did more damage then good today but nobody ever talks about his drops.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As I re-watch that TD catch by BQ like 10x, it drives me nuts we don't see THAT GUY more often. WTF Quick!?

Dude is so talented. Here's hoping he proves me wrong with a big day in AZ next weekend.