Bad news for the rest of the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the Rams have played the NFC East, which was such an easy schedule.

And the offense has performed slightly worse through 7 games than McVays previous teams - further examination of our schedule shows why:

5/7 teams are too 12 in yards per play allowed - three of them are Philly, NYG and Washington and at first glance, you may question that and ask why not use PPG allowed?

Because those teams offenses are so bad, they've given up points - but yards per play allowed is more of an indication for how the defenses have performed. The only caveat being they have played each other, which might be inflating the defensive stats - but the they've all done pretty well on defense outside of those games too.

We have the Bucs and Niners left who are good in this category - but the AFC East teams and Seattle are really bad, and the Cardinals are 13th. So we have seven games left whose defenses are arguably worse than five of our first seven opponents - I think the offense will struggle with Tampa but other than, starting this week, will explode. Miami gives up 5.0 yards per carry...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We just need to win most of our divisional games. Do that and we're in and in a good seeding too.

If we split roughly 50/50 it's gonna be really tough, you're talking low seed if we get in.

So in a way it's kind of a good thing to have a division like this IMO. If this team isn't up to snuff we're gonna know by the end of November IMO.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
We just need to win most of our divisional games. Do that and we're in and in a good seeding too.

If we split roughly 50/50 it's gonna be really tough, you're talking low seed if we get in.

So in a way it's kind of a good thing to have a division like this IMO. If this team isn't up to snuff we're gonna know by the end of November IMO.
I don't know. Split our division games and we could finish 12-4. But, with Covid as it is now. I'm not sure seeding is going to mean much this year if you don't have the #1 seed and the bye. Sure, travel can be a small disadvantage but the home field advantage is greatly reduced with hardly any fans in the stands.

dang

Legend

I said at beginning of the season if Rams don’t go 4-2 or better they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. I’ll stand by that. While 4-1 in remaining will be tough we haven’t seen the Rams defense peak yet.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not up to speed on how exactly the 7 team format will look like, but i would assume that the NFCE winner gets the #4. Which seed gets that tasty matchup? 5th, 6th or 7th?

tempests

Hall of Fame
Even if the Rams are a lower seeded team they're one of the most likely to pull a wild card weekend upset, IMO.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"What are you talking about? We only need 3 more w's to get to 7 wins"
-Jeff Fisher

RamWoodie

Legend
It's really hard right now to say what this team is right now, except to say they're definitely a playoff team. This team is still coming together and they can certainly be better.

I'd actually throw out the SF game as a game that reminded them JUST SHOWING UP IS NOT ENOUGH!!! If they keep that mindset and put in the work they're as much a contender as Seattle, Green Bay, SF, Tampa, NO, or Chicago.

It's like construction...BRING YOUR HARD HAT TO WORK EVERYDAY...AND WORK!!!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not up to speed on how exactly the 7 team format will look like, but i would assume that the NFCE winner gets the #4. Which seed gets that tasty matchup? 5th, 6th or 7th?

Very True about NFC East Winner Being the 4th seed.

NFC playoff picture after Week 7:

No. 1 seed: Green Bay Packers (5-1) 1st Round Bye

No. 2 seed Seattle Seahawks (5-1)

No. 3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-2)

No. 4 Philadelphia Eagles (2-4-1)

No. 5 Chicago Bears (5-2)

No. 6 Arizona Cardinals (5-2)

No. 7 Los Angeles Rams (5-2)

NFC playoff matchups:

No. 2 Seahawks vs. No. 7 Rams

No. 3 Buccaneers vs. No. 6 Cardinals

No. 4 Eagles vs. No. 5 Bears

AFC playoff picture after Week 7:

No. 1 Pittsburgh Steelers (6-0) 1st Round Bye

No. 2 Kansas City Chiefs (6-1)

No. 3 Tennessee Titans (5-1)

No. 4 Buffalo Bills (5-2)

No. 5 Baltimore Ravens (5-1)

No. 6 Cleveland Browns (5-2)

No. 7 Indianapolis Colts (4-2)

AFC playoff matchups:

No. 2 Chiefs vs. No. 7 Colts

No. 3 Titans vs. No. 6 Browns

No. 4 Bills vs. No. 5 Ravens

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very True about NFC East Winner Being the 4th seed.

NFC playoff picture after Week 7:

No. 1 seed: Green Bay Packers (5-1) 1st Round Bye

No. 2 seed Seattle Seahawks (5-1)

No. 3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-2)

No. 4 Philadelphia Eagles (2-4-1)

No. 5 Chicago Bears (5-2)

No. 6 Arizona Cardinals (5-2)

No. 7 Los Angeles Rams (5-2)

NFC playoff matchups:

No. 2 Seahawks vs. No. 7 Rams

No. 3 Buccaneers vs. No. 6 Cardinals

No. 4 Eagles vs. No. 5 Bears

AFC playoff picture after Week 7:

No. 1 Pittsburgh Steelers (6-0) 1st Round Bye

No. 2 Kansas City Chiefs (6-1)

No. 3 Tennessee Titans (5-1)

No. 4 Buffalo Bills (5-2)

No. 5 Baltimore Ravens (5-1)

No. 6 Cleveland Browns (5-2)

No. 7 Indianapolis Colts (4-2)

AFC playoff matchups:

No. 2 Chiefs vs. No. 7 Colts

No. 3 Titans vs. No. 6 Browns

No. 4 Bills vs. No. 5 Ravens

The bears can't be above the Rams.

What tie breaker did they use?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm pretty sure that if, AZ had lost to SEA the Rams would now be the #5 instead of #7...but i've already beaten that dead horse.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
#5 seed is what you want - if you can’t get the #1 seed obviously. That’s who will play the NFC East winner.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pretty sure that if, AZ had lost to SEA the Rams would now be the #5 instead of #7...but i've already beaten that dead horse.

Rams want to win the division. They're always aiming for that until they can't.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So the Rams have played the NFC East, which was such an easy schedule.

And the offense has performed slightly worse through 7 games than McVays previous teams - further examination of our schedule shows why:

5/7 teams are too 12 in yards per play allowed - three of them are Philly, NYG and Washington and at first glance, you may question that and ask why not use PPG allowed?

Because those teams offenses are so bad, they've given up points - but yards per play allowed is more of an indication for how the defenses have performed. The only caveat being they have played each other, which might be inflating the defensive stats - but the they've all done pretty well on defense outside of those games too.

We have the Bucs and Niners left who are good in this category - but the AFC East teams and Seattle are really bad, and the Cardinals are 13th. So we have seven games left whose defenses are arguably worse than five of our first seven opponents - I think the offense will struggle with Tampa but other than, starting this week, will explode. Miami gives up 5.0 yards per carry...

The NFL is all about matchups. “How does our strengths, align against yours”?

Its why we see odd games week to week, the subtitles are in these alignments... and offensively, for the Rams, a lot depends on that run game matchup.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Its why we see odd games week to week, the subtitles are in these alignments... and offensively, for the Rams, a lot depends on that run game matchup.

That's why I'm not worries tbh. People are talking about us having the hardest remaining schedule, but we have four games against the Cards and Seahawks - McVay is 10-2 against them.

They might look better this year on the surface, but this is also the best defense McVay has had. Seattle's defense is atrocious, and while the Cardinals d ranks well, without Jones, how are they going to pressure us?

The Tampa game is a nightmare in waiting - and we could lose to Miami or Seattle - but aside from Tampa, I'll be expecting to win every game left

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I said at beginning of the season if Rams don’t go 4-2 or better they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs. I’ll stand by that. While 4-1 in remaining will be tough we haven’t seen the Rams defense peak yet.

To me that makes Zero sense at ALL.

Enjoy the season

T

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I don’t know about that either. Run game match up?

Then The Rams won because of run game match up against Da Bears.

How does Murray fit?

Bears have zero run game.

Officiating is HUGE to me. I can tell you how bad calls have effected The Rams.Just go back to the Niners game. Then to Da Bears.

Play calling is big.Mcvay runs a lot of counters.You can see if he calls play that was is set up,instead of playing off of.

Players make plays. Stay healthy work hard, have momentum going in.The Rams just won a must game.They have not lost a game they should not have this season.Bills game hurt. Niners game will make them tougher.

fearsomefour

Legend
Seattle x 2
Arizona x 2
SF
NE
Tampa Bay
Jets
Tough second half.
If we end up splitting our NFC West games (3-3) and say, beat NE and the Jets the Rams finish with 11 wins.
That is likely about the high end given the schedule.