Av’s Rams Draft Board (Top 30 Prospects)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Per PFF: Abanikanda’s 782 yards before contact were the second most in the Power Five while his 19% forced missed tackle rate ranked tied for 64th.
In large part, those 700+ yards before contact are because the dude is lightening quick. I'm not sure that stat is a negative. Yes, he wasn't elite in forced missed tackles, true. But, it would be nice to have a homerun hitter again.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Abanakanda seems to go down easily. His speed is impressive, but can he block, and can he slice through NFL defenses? I like Tucker’s style better.

Abanakanda is a bit like the backs Shanahan likes to pick. He focuses on fast guys that can see and hit the hole fast. It’s effective with a good run blocking Oline. Could he be the next Chris Johnson?

I think he could make a great kick returner.

I hope McVay doesn’t get a boner for this guy and forces pick 36 for him. Unfortunately overdrafting offensive skill positions is nothing new to the Rams. If a good edge or corner is there, the long term value alone is reason enough to choose one of them over a RB.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Abanakanda seems to go down easily. His speed is impressive, but can he block, and can he slice through NFL defenses? I like Tucker’s style better.

Abanakanda is a bit like the backs Shanahan likes to pick. He focuses on fast guys that can see and hit the hole fast. It’s effective with a good run blocking Oline. Could he be the next Chris Johnson?

I think he could make a great kick returner.

I hope McVay doesn’t get a boner for this guy and forces pick 36 for him. Unfortunately overdrafting offensive skill positions is nothing new to the Rams. If a good edge or corner is there, the long term value alone is reason enough to choose one of them over a RB.
Even McVay can't get excited enough to take Izzy at 36. That would be an utter disaster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Even McVay can't get excited enough to take Izzy at 36. That would be an utter disaster.
I thought the same when I read that the Rams went to Atwell’s pro day. I figured fourth, maybe fifth round. I never dreamt the Rams would use a second round pick on him.

I’m not a huge fan of Snead’s drafting or his philosophy on trading back and very selectively targeting certain players, even if they are raw or injured. But, I think McVays influence or demands are a negative when it comes to who to pick. He’s a coach, not a GM.

dang

Legend
Im l
In large part, those 700+ yards before contact are because the dude is lightening quick. I'm not sure that stat is a negative. Yes, he wasn't elite in forced missed tackles, true. But, it would be nice to have a homerun hitter again.
I’m looking for “more cowbell” if the Rams go for a RB in R3-R4 (if we pick up a R4 via trade). Without checking first with my “vast” scouting network he might be a good R5/R6 depth pick.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, he'd be amazing to grab in the 5-6th round, but, I sincerely doubt he makes it out of the 3rd or at the worst 4th.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NOTE: My final board is on the main forum.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
NOTE: My final board is on the main forum.
I’ve eliminated players who, from my review of several boards and mocks, seem to be consensus Top 20 picks.

With that, here are my Top 30 prospects for the Rams:
1. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
2. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
3. Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
4. Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State
5. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE, Northwestern
6. O’Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
7. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
8. Cody Mauch, OT, North Dakota State
9. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
10. Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
11. Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
12. Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
13. Steve Avila, OG/C, TCU
14. Felix Anudike-Uzoma, EDGE, Kansas State
15. Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
16. Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
17. Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
18. B.J. Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
19. Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
20. Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
21. Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
22. Joe Tippman, OG/C, Wisconsin
23. Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
24. Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
25. Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
26. Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane
27. Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas
28. Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
29. Jaylon Jones, CB, Texas A&M
30. Terrell Smith, CB, Minnesota

Should break it down in categories such as

RB
WR
I”Line
Edge/dLine
CB/S
QB

Then in order of your own chart for The Rams

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Should break it down in categories such as

RB
WR
I”Line
Edge/dLine
CB/S
QB

Then in order of your own chart for The Rams
locked out hack GIF by MANGOTEETH

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Okay Richard — your awesome.

Your views are so great. Big board material. Can’t even play on the little board.

Stay out in the little world of Fantasy
So, you respond to an outdated thread and demand that it be reorganized to your liking, then complain when your directive is denied?

WTF dude?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The updated/final version of my Rams draft board is here: