Av’s Rams Draft Board (Top 30 Prospects)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I’ve eliminated players who, from my review of several boards and mocks, seem to be consensus Top 20 picks.

With that, here are my Top 30 prospects for the Rams:
1. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
2. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
3. Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
4. Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State
5. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE, Northwestern
6. O’Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
7. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
8. Cody Mauch, OT, North Dakota State
9. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
10. Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
11. Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA
12. Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia
13. Steve Avila, OG/C, TCU
14. Felix Anudike-Uzoma, EDGE, Kansas State
15. Darius Rush, CB, South Carolina
16. Eli Ricks, CB, Alabama
17. Julius Brents, CB, Kansas State
18. B.J. Ojulari, EDGE, LSU
19. Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
20. Isaiah Foskey, EDGE, Notre Dame
21. Zach Harrison, EDGE, Ohio State
22. Joe Tippman, OG/C, Wisconsin
23. Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland
24. Luke Wypler, C, Ohio State
25. Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syracuse
26. Tyjae Spears, RB, Tulane
27. Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas
28. Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami
29. Jaylon Jones, CB, Texas A&M
30. Terrell Smith, CB, Minnesota

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right now, I have Adeboware as the Rams' pick at #36, as he is the highest ranked guy on my board who I think will still be there.

Unfortunately, I'm starting to see more mocks in which he is being taken in the first round.

The guy I'm starting to think might be the one to fall to us is Cody Mauch (currently No. 8 on my board). He'd be a nice fit, and could be a long-term solution at LT.

I'll probably do my final mock in a week or two.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just posted the Rams known visits so far in the 2023 draft thread. I know they've met with #3 and 4 but not sure how many others they have yet.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Just posted the Rams known visits so far in the 2023 draft thread. I know they've met with #3 and 4 but not sure how many others they have yet.
I've seen reports of meetings with Smith, McDonald, Adeboware and Brents.

Its also worth noting that every Senior Bowl prospect pretty much meets with every team during the week. By my count, 12 of my 30 were Senior Bowl participants.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen reports of meetings with Smith, McDonald, Adeboware and Brents.

Its also worth noting that every Senior Bowl prospect pretty much meets with every team during the week. By my count, 12 of my 30 were Senior Bowl participants.
Oh yeah Brents I saw too. The Senior bowl and visits used to be a huge tell on where we were gonna go for picks but the last couple of years I think it's dropped a lot. I think the Akers draft we only visited 2 picks that draft season and it's been low since.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Nice list Avenger! I'd just make a top 50 board and include those 20 you think we don't have a chance at since we never know and it'd be interesting to see who your overall top prospects are. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a shot at Adetomiwa Adebawore or Nolan Smith anymore, with them destroying the combine.

I am quite surprised that you have Gibbs #1 on that board above studs like those two. It also seems you don't like FAU or Ojulari much, I'm wondering what you don't like about them? I think either of them would be impact starters for us next year personally, certainly moreso then a guy like Tucker (who I also like but nowhere near as much as those 2).

Are you saying that you think Forbes and Banks are likely gone before us, or just not big on them?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Nice list Avenger! I'd just make a top 50 board and include those 20 you think we don't have a chance at since we never know and it'd be interesting to see who your overall top prospects are. Unfortunately, I don't think we have a shot at Adetomiwa Adebawore or Nolan Smith anymore, with them destroying the combine.

I am quite surprised that you have Gibbs #1 on that board above studs like those two. It also seems you don't like FAU or Ojulari much, I'm wondering what you don't like about them? I think either of them would be impact starters for us next year personally, certainly moreso then a guy like Tucker (who I also like but nowhere near as much as those 2).

Are you saying that you think Forbes and Banks are likely gone before us, or just not big on them?
The out of reach list would, of course, include at least 4 QBs (who we wouldn't take anyway). Some of the guys I wish we could get include Will Anderson, Christian Gonzalez, Lukas Van Ness, Bijan Robinson, Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson, Joey Porter, Jr., Broderick Jones and Devon Witherspoon.

I agree that Smith and Adebawore could very well be gone on Thursday.

Gibbs, as well as Washington, are difference makers that I think would be just too tempting to pass up.

I do like FAU and Ojulari. I just think they fall a bit behind in value compared to some of the OL and CBs I have ahead of them. The differences are very small, though, and I'd have no problem with either of those guys at NO. 36 if the Rams see them as impact pass rushers.

I'm definitely higher on Tucker than most. He has not been able to test yet due to some medical issue, so he could drop down, or even off my list.

Banks, I definitely think goes in Round 1. I'd love to see him at No. 36.

Forbes... my concern is his size 6'1, 166. That is rail thin. Can he add sufficient weight and maintain his elite speed?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The out of reach list would, of course, include at least 4 QBs (who we wouldn't take anyway). Some of the guys I wish we could get include Will Anderson, Christian Gonzalez, Lukas Van Ness, Bijan Robinson, Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson, Joey Porter, Jr., Broderick Jones and Devon Witherspoon.

I agree that Smith and Adebawore could very well be gone on Thursday.

Gibbs, as well as Washington, are difference makers that I think would be just too tempting to pass up.

I do like FAU and Ojulari. I just think they fall a bit behind in value compared to some of the OL and CBs I have ahead of them. The differences are very small, though, and I'd have no problem with either of those guys at NO. 36 if the Rams see them as impact pass rushers.

I'm definitely higher on Tucker than most. He has not been able to test yet due to some medical issue, so he could drop down, or even off my list.

Banks, I definitely think goes in Round 1. I'd love to see him at No. 36.

Forbes... my concern is his size 6'1, 166. That is rail thin. Can he add sufficient weight and maintain his elite speed?
Yeah, the weight is concerning. I'd hope he didn't drop weight to run faster at the combine, because he's always been listed at 180ish lbs throughout college. To counter the weight though, he is the best ball hawk in this draft and in recent memory for me. The guy has a staggering 14 Picks, 6 of which were taken to the house. Last year he allowed only 44.7% passer rating when throwing his way. I'd much rather see him at 180+, but he has the looks of a guy that could make a difference. Honestly, he'd be a first round lock if he weighed more though.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Not going to lie, these highlights have him moving up my board too. He has burst and top speed in spades.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ahbanikanda is a good all around back and would rather him in the 4th range much more than Gibbs if he fell to 36 every day of the week.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ahbanikanda is a good all around back and would rather him in the 4th range much more than Gibbs if he fell to 36 every day of the week.
After looking more into this kid, I would have to whole heartedly agree with you here. I'm much prefer the value we would get drafting him in 4th then using our 1 premier pick on Gibbs, who I'm not sold is much (if at all) better then Abanikanda. Not to mention he's probably the youngest back in the draft.

NOTE: in no way am I saying he's a superior receiving back. He didn't have many opportunities to play in the receiving game only getting 17 total targets last year. You can see from the clips, he does appear to have some natural receiving abilities too.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ve eliminated players who, from my review of several boards and mocks, seem to be consensus Top 20 picks.

With that, here are my Top 30 prospects for the Rams:
1. Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama
2. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia
3. Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia
4. Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State
5. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DE, Northwestern
6. O’Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida
7. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
8. Cody Mauch, OT, North Dakota State
9. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
10. Sean Tucker, RB, Syracuse
11. Zach Charbonnet, RB, UCLA