Av’s Final 2024 Rams Draft Board (Top 50 Prospects)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Using the PFF simulator and applying my board, we ended up with (in Rds. 1-3):

1(19): Laita Latu
2(52): Edgerrin James
3(83) Malachi Corley
3(99): Kris Abrams-Draine

Using Pro Football Network, I got:

1(19): Jared Verse
2(52): Edgerrin Cooper
3(83): Austin Booker
3(99): Blake Corum

I could live with either of those!
I agree but you do mean Edgerrin Cooper in the PFF Simulator ... Right? ... Edgerrin James is like ... 50.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree but you do mean Edgerrin Cooper in the PFF Simulator ... Right? ... Edgerrin James is like ... 50.
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

And, yes…Cooper.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

3(83) Malachi Corley

I'll take option 1 please. Although, if the thought is Cooper playing at edge, its odd to take him back to back with Latu. If he's being drafted to play MLB, he won't be on the field much. I just like the prospect.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I'll take option 1 please. Although, if the thought is Cooper playing at edge, its odd to take him back to back with Latu. If he's being drafted to play MLB, he won't be on the field much. I just like the prospect.
That’s actually what I like about Cooper. The Aggies lined him up inside and on the edge, and he made a lot of plays in both roles. I could see him inside with Jones on early downs, and outside on passing downs (Latu could line up at DE if you wanted him, Cooper and Young all rushing the passer).

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s actually what I like about Cooper. The Aggies lined him up inside and on the edge, and he made a lot of plays in both roles. I could see him inside with Jones on early downs, and outside on passing downs (Latu could line up at DE if you wanted him, Cooper and Young all rushing the passer).
Now, I do like that idea!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

3(83) Malachi Corley

That's been close to my favorite way to play this draft straight up (no trades). Get the Edge 1st, Cooper/DT/WR 2nd, then grab DT/WR or CB in the 3rd. Seems you end up with four guys that are going to see the field a lot as rookies. If you don't like the Edge left over at 19, you are looking for a trade dance partner unless you like somebody else in any position that you feel just might be a Day one starter.

Because you know, McVay might be looking long term with 19. If somebody is there he feels could start Day 1 and likely to be a stud in his system, the position might not matter. The dude apparently is looking forward, changing his Offensive ID and Defensive ID in the same season and he knew the changes were coming way before we did. He knows the teams in this league study his every move, just like they do now with Snead.

We are playing checkers with this draft. All they have shown anybody yet is they intend to run the ball effectively and are tired of getting burned in the secondary. Common sense would say EDGE, DT, EDGE and need would mirror that assessment. But, McVay and Snead are playing tri-level Chess. We have no idea and neither do the 10,000 podcasts out there with Experts, semi-experts, wannabees etc with Mock Drafts The only positional picks at 19 that would shock me made by the Rams would be RB,LB,K, or OG. So watch out for those!:explode1:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Exactly. Cooper and Friske would be my two main targets with the second pick but I fear we'll have to trade up to get either. And trading up twice to make it happen is not a bad thought. Especially, if the Rams trade down from 19 and end up with another 2nd or 3rd rounder and still getting an Edge. It sure could make this D a surprising problem this season and for a long time to come.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Haha, that happened to me the other day. How is Edgerrin James still in our minds? I didn't even like the Hurricanes.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Edgerrin James was at UM a few years after I graduated from there (law school) but I think my brain freeze was more because Edgerrin is a pretty uncommon name.

As for Cooper…I see some Fred Warner (who we may hate, but have to respect) in him.

dang

Legend
Edgerrin James was at UM a few years after I graduated from there (law school) but I think my brain freeze was more because Edgerrin is a pretty uncommon name.

As for Cooper…I see some Fred Warner (who we may hate, but have to respect) in him.
I actually really liked Warner when he first came into the NFL. Over time though he learned to play dirty. That comes from the top but I believe he was also influenced by players like Dre Outlaw (Biggest cheapshot in the NFL IMO).

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually really liked Warner when he first came into the NFL. Over time though he learned to play dirty. That comes from the top but I believe he was also influenced by players like Dre Outlaw (Biggest cheapshot in the NFL IMO).
Can't feel bad about that karma slap he got in the Superbowl :laugh3:

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Taking Sweat off my board due to DUI. That leaves a spot, so I’ll slide Bralen Trice, EDGE, Washington, in at No. 70.