AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Great movie, for nerds and non-nerds alike.

You should go see it. It was the 1st time in a movie, I actually felt shivers and got goosebumps. And yeah, I also felt a tear of joy at one point, when there's an awesome little segment that shows each...ehh I'm not gonna spoil it. :hehe:

GO SEE IT!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Goin' tomorrow. :cheese:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Saw it tonight in IMAX. Awesome movie.

Curious thing. There are quite a few humorous moments (lol moments) and at times the audience's laughter felt like a laugh track (in a good way) for the movie.

Fun and kick-ass. I'll be seeing it again next weekend when my wife, who doesn't care for opening weekend crowds, plans to see it.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tell what u thought when u get back!! I'm still jacked about it!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pretty cool flick. I like how The Hulk had more of a personality in this one. Some funny stuff at times.

Did everyone else stay to the end for the SECOND hidden scene? Not talking about the one before the credits, but the one after.

Angry Ram

Of course I did. Now the long wait for Avengers 2. Well, @ least the DVD will be out sometime in August.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
Of course I did. Now the long wait for Avengers 2. Well, @ least the DVD will be out sometime in August.
I'm looking forward to the second Expendables. They've assembled every single action movie star that ever played a role. They're even dragging Chuck Norris into this one. Which, by default, means the movie is over as soon as the first bad guy shows up.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Pretty cool flick. I like how The Hulk had more of a personality in this one. Some funny stuff at times.

Did everyone else stay to the end for the SECOND hidden scene? Not talking about the one before the credits, but the one after.
Oh yeah. That got a BIG laugh from the audience that stayed.

Considering the staggering box office, I'm wondering how long they'll wait before they crank out Avengers 2.

Anonymous

X said:

I saw the 2nd scene. Remember when Stark comes to after falling from the sky and he suddenly says he's hungry and wants to go eat at a good shawarma place 2 blocks away? The 2nd post-credits scene involves that.

I thought of a scene that illustrates the movie's quirky sense of humor--humor which actually punctuates the action instead of undermining it. Okay, Thor and Hulk are fighting in the cargo bay. At one point Thor reaches out to "summon" his hammer. He stands there for the longest time, facing Hulk, with his arm reaching behind him for the hammer. He fills most of the screen and meanwhile we hear all this unaccountable crashing--crash, crash, crash. You don't know why it's taking so long or what the crashing is. Then the hammer bursts through a stack of metal crates--and you realize the hammer only knew how to fly to him in a straight line, stacks of crates or no stacks of crates. It was just this odd quirky thing in the middle of a dramatic confrontation. Quirky, and it worked.

Here's a youtube clip for a reminder of other things in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQMFMZnhGM[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
X said:

I saw the 2nd scene. Remember when Stark comes to after falling from the sky and he suddenly says he's hungry and wants to go eat at a good shawarma place 2 blocks away? The 2nd post-credits scene involves that.
Yeah - the shawarma master. I had no idea what that was prior to this movie.

Angry Ram

X said:
Angry Ram said:
I'm looking forward to the second Expendables. They've assembled every single action movie star that ever played a role. They're even dragging Chuck Norris into this one. Which, by default, means the movie is over as soon as the first bad guy shows up.

LMAO Randy Couture AND Chuck Norris? Really?? Haha. There's a lot of good films coming out these days, Prometheus looks, umm interesting. New Spidey, Dark Knight. Probably some other good ones in the works. Oh yeah and Men In Black III. Will Smith needs to do movies like this and not stupid romantic comedy crap like Hitch.

zn said:
X said:

I thought of a scene that illustrates the movie's quirky sense of humor--humor which actually punctuates the action instead of undermining it. Okay, Thor and Hulk are fighting in the cargo bay. At one point Thor reaches out to "summon" his hammer. He stands there for the longest time, facing Hulk, with his arm reaching behind him for the hammer. He fills most of the screen and meanwhile we hear all this unaccountable crashing--crash, crash, crash. You don't know why it's taking so long or what the crashing is. Then the hammer bursts through a stack of metal crates--and you realize the hammer only knew how to fly to him in a straight line, stacks of crates or no stacks of crates. It was just this odd quirky thing in the middle of a dramatic confrontation. Quirky, and it worked.

Here's a youtube clip for a reminder of other things in it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQMFMZnhGM[/youtube]

That's Marvel for ya. My fav. comedy scene was when Fury said they'd be flying monkeys, and Captain America goes "hey I got one! I got that reference!" Then a SHIELD agent is playing the game on his computer. It something like that, I was lolin a good 5 mins after that.

LOLd @ Shakespeare in the park, too.

But, by far, the best action sequence was it going from Avenger to Avenger w/o the camera cutting, a smooth transistion between each, showing them kickin ass. Hawkeye's solo was the best IMO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought the funny parts where when Hulk and Thor get done destroying dozens of those aliens, and they're standing there for a second, and Hulk sucker punches Thor with a stiff jab and knocks him off screen. Presumably just to remind him that he's still "puny".

And to follow up on that, when Loki's being chased by The Hulk and tells him, "STOP! I'm a GOD! And then before he can finish insulting him, he gets picked up and smashed all over the place repeatedly. Followed up by.. "Puny GOD."

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Angry Ram said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:

LMAO Randy Couture AND Chuck Norris? Really?? Haha. There's a lot of good films coming out these days, Prometheus looks, umm interesting. New Spidey, Dark Knight. Probably some other good ones in the works. Oh yeah and Men In Black III. Will Smith needs to do movies like this and not stupid romantic comedy crap like Hitch.

That's not even mentioning The Raven and The Cabin in the Woods, both of which look like excellent horror films. The latter, in particular, is already out and has gotten really rave reviews.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
I thought the funny parts where when Hulk and Thor get done destroying dozens of those aliens, and they're standing there for a second, and Hulk sucker punches Thor with a stiff jab and knocks him off screen. Presumably just to remind him that he's still "puny".

And to follow up on that, when Loki's being chased by The Hulk and tells him, "STOP! I'm a GOD! And then before he can finish insulting him, he gets picked up and smashed all over the place repeatedly. Followed up by.. "Puny GOD."

Saw it last night in 3D. Those were the two scenes that had the audience laughing out loud. I especially liked the way Hulk started rag dolling Loki while he was mid stream in his godlier than thou speech.

All in all - a very entertaining movie.

Only bummer is that they showed previews for the upcoming Hobit in 3D and now I suppose I'll have to go see THAT with my wife. :neh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
X said:

Saw it last night in 3D. Those were the two scenes that had the audience laughing out loud. I especially liked the way Hulk started rag dolling Loki while he was mid stream in his godlier than thou speech.

All in all - a very entertaining movie.

Only bummer is that they showed previews for the upcoming Hobit in 3D and now I suppose I'll have to go see THAT with my wife. :neh:
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that I saw it in 3D too. I don't think I can keep doing that. It looks cool and all, but it really fucks with my vertigo. I had to keep taking the glasses off because I would get dizzy. But yeah, all-in-all, a pretty entertaining movie. Besides the outright funny scenes, there was lots of subtle humor it in as well. Like Thor defending Loki from insults because he's his brother, and then when reminded he killed 80 people that morning, he said, "He's adopted."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Memento said:
That's not even mentioning The Raven and The Cabin in the Woods, both of which look like excellent horror films. The latter, in particular, is already out and has gotten really rave reviews.

We saw "The Cabin in the Woods". As a non-horror flick guy, I still found it to be a good enough movie to recommend it to friends. It is definitely not your normal horror flick. It may seem like it at first but.... that's all I'm gonna say.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I always have to take them off from time to time. I don't get dizzy - just a weird almost head ache. Thought the adopted line was pretty good too as well as the usual banter from Robert Downy Jr.

Angry Ram

Memento said:
Angry Ram said:
X said:
Angry Ram said:

I'm not a big horror film guy. I've come to expect the scares. But to each his own.

3D show for me as well. I've decided any big movie like Avengers (or Avatar 2 or something) I'll watch it on IMAX. RealD isn't as good.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Great movie !! Loved every moment of it ... Can we sign that Dr Banner guy as a RB ?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
TK42-RAM said:
Great movie !! Loved every moment of it ... Can we sign that Dr Banner guy as a RB ?

Bruce Banner? Love his talent and size, but the guy has way too many off-the-field issues to take a chance on. I mean, our own government put a price on his head. Not even Pacman can claim that.

:ww: