Austin Pettis waived (confirmed)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Tru is already on the roster. Might be for a LB they intend on adding.

I hope Pat Angerer comes out of retirement if we bring in a LB, I would like him. Don't really see any other LBs worth bringing in. I understand Angerer did it for his health, and I applaud him for that, but he's the best option as a fan.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Can we change the title so we don't get a dozen other ppl starting a dozen other threads on the subject?
@WCWarEagle

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Tru is already on the roster. Might be for a LB they intend on adding.

What do you know what you can share? LBs had a poor game (before I watch there tape tonight to confirm). Plus RB position is getting deep (including Reynolds ST role) and finally you have the return of Long iminate.

However the cut of Blake is weird, which makes me think something bad has or is about to happen.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
You know what? It may have something to do w/ his suspension that he had back in 2012. The team usually knows things before the media does along these lines and he would would be at 2nd level whatever that is. I don't know for sure but it would take some of the mystery.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Shame, looks like Stedman's punt return ran Pettis right out of a job. Stedman showing his wares was pretty much all that was necessary for Pettis' demise. Fisher made an investment, so he's not ready to give up on Givens, even if he hasn't show much of anything since his rookie year and before that big catch and if Stedman can put together his skills to the NFL level then there's no question on which of them is the better player. Pettis has no place on the Rams anymore.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too many Austins on the team would be my guess. It just caused confusion.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You know what? It may have something to do w/ his suspension that he had back in 2012. The team usually knows things before the media does along these lines and he would would be at 2nd level whatever that is. I don't know for sure but it would take some of the mystery.

If he got suspended again, I would agree with him being cut. That could be it.

Yup, had to feel for the stadium announcer on MNF "Austin Davis to Austin Pettis" then the next play "Austin Davis to Tavon Austin" a mistake was inevitable, better to stamp it out before it happens.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I thought Pettis had a more secure role than Givens. But they see these guys in practice every day so there's no doubt they know what they're doing.

radjohns

UDFA
Unfortunate. He's definitely not a spectacular WR, but he is a solid role player whose hands are usually quite reliable. The narrative that he is a slow, unproductive player does not match what he's done on the field when games have been on the line. Philadelphia excluded, of course.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Fish didn't really say much about it during his press conference, so we probably won't find out why he was cut until we see the actions they take.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
5/5
th