Aug-06 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Some photos from today.

temp_RT20497--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp_RT20513--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp_RT20244--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp_RT20087--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp_RT20106--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp_RT20067--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp_RT20076--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

http://www.therams.com

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Love the blue and white logo , but I wish they stop teasing us with it

temp_RT20087--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Last edited:

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
This is the most smoke in training camp that I have seen in many years. The fire is coming. If I could gif it would be Hekker with his hair on fire while knocking down seachicks.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The Rams may be drawing huge crowds for their practices in Los Angeles, but there wasn't enough fan interest to save a "Rams Legends" game.
Personally I don't understand needing a number for this event. It should be a charity only affair. I personally have zero interest in attending these sort of things just don't get it. If it is fund raising for charity then just do it and donate the proceeds but don't cancel due to lack of interest. The powers that be should be upping most of the charity money anyway. Why transfer the responsibility to the fans for your event.
P.S 30,000 or whatever it is I bet is amongst the highest numbers this camp for any teams practice/scrimmage.
Well Done

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
From Espn710 radio,

Saying there is about 45 thousand that showed up for Rams family day scrimmage.
Attendance picked up from earlier today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/low-ticket-sales-cause-cancellation-224909953.html

The Rams may be drawing huge crowds for their practices in Los Angeles, but there wasn't enough fan interest to save a "Rams Legends" game.

While the Rams expect about 80,000 fans for Saturday's training camp scrimmage

Not trying to stir the pot or anything, just recall seeing the number a couple of times and obviously the pictures didn't show it.

Trying to be really grounded when it comes to reports on Higbee. I'm sure everyone remembers Kendricks' rookie year when he caught 4 TDs in preseason and was killing it all camp long. TE is such a damn tough transition in the NFL, but maybe if they use Lance in a traditional role and allow Higbee to line up in the slot as a receiver...

Really happy to hear some positive feedback on the young guys regardless. Hope springs eternal, especially in August.

So the only source is an uncredited Yahoo! article who only cites the Post Dispatch in the article? Interesting source I don't know any team in the NFL that pulls in 80k for a practice and many teams don't sell out preseason games. Hell I remember watching the Patriots first preseason game last year right during the deflate garbage and the stands were half full.

Psycho_X

Legend
So the only source is an uncredited Yahoo! article who only cites the Post Dispatch in the article? Interesting source I don't know any team in the NFL that pulls in 80k for a practice and many teams don't sell out preseason games. Hell I remember watching the Patriots first preseason game last year right during the deflate garbage and the stands were half full.

Beats me, I don't keep track of teams practice attendance. I personally don't care really you just said you had never seen the number outside of this forum so just linking it. Overall it looked like a good crowd for a practice scrimmage. And sounds like no players got hurt that we know of so I'd call it a win.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
This is gonna be short I'm on my phone. Higbeast will score a lot of TDs, Spruce looks like he could be the clutch 3rd down receiver we need and Goff just looks like a natural at QB. And Goff can spin it, he made a couple of nice throws on a rope to the corner of the engine. Duke Williams also looked good. Gurley is bigger than I thought, hard to believe a man that size can move so fast. I would say the D was letting the O execute of course they couldn't hit the QBs so that had a lot to do with it.
I will give a lil more detail when I get home to my computer. My wife got some pics and video I need go sort through.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Don't know where the 80K fans report came from, but there was a good size crowd. Most of the lower bowl was full, the shaded area under press box was full and there was a sprinkling of fans in the mid to upper seats. I couldn't give an accurate guess, but I would say more the 10K that showed up last Saturday.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
This is gonna be short I'm on my phone. Higbeast will score a lot of TDs, Spruce looks like he could be the clutch 3rd down receiver we need and Goff just looks like a natural at QB. And Goff can spin it, he made a couple of nice throws on a rope to the corner of the engine. Duke Williams also looked good. Gurley is bigger than I thought, hard to believe a man that size can move so fast. I would say the D was letting the O execute of course they couldn't hit the QBs so that had a lot to do with it.
I will give a lil more detail when I get home to my computer. My wife got some pics and video I need go sort through.

Good stuff, appreciate the info! I've said this before but no one really understands how big Gurley is until you see him up close and in person. He looks way bigger than his measurables indicate.

Rocko

UDFA
This tweet needs clarification ; Tavon caught the pass and T.J. was very close to him and put a hand on him. He would've most likely been tripped up or tackled if it were a real game.

Yup. I said the same thing to my friend next to me that he would have gone down right on the spot if that was a real game.

manmaderam

The one and only
This is gonna be short I'm on my phone. Higbeast will score a lot of TDs, Spruce looks like he could be the clutch 3rd down receiver we need and Goff just looks like a natural at QB. And Goff can spin it, he made a couple of nice throws on a rope to the corner of the engine. Duke Williams also looked good..
. I like reading this info about Duke, he has got a huge upside and is my personal UDFA I hope makes the 53-man roster. Then again he's had A LOT of bad reports of him being lazy, but reading this gives me hope that he got his s#!t together!