Aug-06 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Any reports out there
giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weren't they expecting 80K for a turnout? Or is that later tonight?
From the pictures, there was not even half that many...But even so, that 80k number was willdly optimistic. imo...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've read dozens of articles and reports from the Rams and never seen this 80k number until this thread. Not sure of the relevance though. I've seen reports that their first couple practices had between 10-12k people other than that the only things I've seen are reports of the Coliseum's seating capacity.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good job GZ... Have to root for the Legatron to have a big season or we will end up 7-9 again.

greg_zuerlein___legatron_by_joshzachary-d5gq9pe.jpg
64 Yds.? An easy chip shot! I watched him in warm-ups today, and he was Banging them in from 45-50 Yards just warming ups! They were Towering above the Uprights then!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From the pictures, there was not even half that many...But even so, that 80k number was willdly optimistic. imo...
You can't tell from the Photos shown so far. I was on the opposite side of the Field, and there were a lot of Fans!! No, not 80K, but I'll guess 35-40K!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I've read dozens of articles and reports from the Rams and never seen this 80k number until this thread. Not sure of the relevance though. I've seen reports that their first couple practices had between 10-12k people other than that the only things I've seen are reports of the Coliseum's seating capacity.

Yea OldSchool I never heard a prediction of 80k for todays practice at the coliseum... Heck even getting 80k at a preseason game is a huge accomplishment so we will just assume the Dallas game next week at the coliseum was the 80k prediction.

41c6ff449739c6d7275c5d8a22fdb32c.jpg

8e6de0c8aa.jpg

Rams_Cowboys_Aug13.jpg

Last edited:

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
No one from the Rams said that. JT and a couple of other media guys did and y'all ran with it.

Although, Demoff and Jake Bye were on radio today. Both confirmed 90k for next Saturday.

Psycho_X

Legend

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/low-ticket-sales-cause-cancellation-224909953.html

The Rams may be drawing huge crowds for their practices in Los Angeles, but there wasn't enough fan interest to save a "Rams Legends" game.

While the Rams expect about 80,000 fans for Saturday's training camp scrimmage

By all reports, this is where Goff shines. This also happens to be where we have struggled in recent years.

From the reports I'm hearing it sounds like Goff is playing very well in the redzone and in areas of the game where it's more about making plays over thinking too much. 2 minute drill tends to be fast pace and got to think on your feet more. Shows Goff has a great mind for making plays but still extremely behind on the mental side of it when it comes to running a NFL offense during the rest of the game. Bodes well for him I'd say... mental part should come over time I hope. Overall, I'm not hearing anything bad about Goff.... just rookie bumps to overcome.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If they pull 90K for a preseason game I'd be shocked. First game back or not, it's still a preseason game.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Not trying to stir the pot or anything, just recall seeing the number a couple of times and obviously the pictures didn't show it.

Trying to be really grounded when it comes to reports on Higbee. I'm sure everyone remembers Kendricks' rookie year when he caught 4 TDs in preseason and was killing it all camp long. TE is such a damn tough transition in the NFL, but maybe if they use Lance in a traditional role and allow Higbee to line up in the slot as a receiver...

Really happy to hear some positive feedback on the young guys regardless. Hope springs eternal, especially in August.