Attorneys: Tre Mason missed court because he was hospitalized

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
An arrest warrant for NFL player and former Park Vista High star Tre Mason has been withdrawn after his attorneys filed a motion saying that Mason missed a court appearance because he was hospitalized.

Mason has been involved in a series of bizarre events in the past few months that family members say may be the result of head injuries sustained during his football career.

Mason
VIDEO: See the PBSO dashcam video of deputies chasing Tre Mason on his ATV.

On Aug. 13, Mason was cited for driving with a suspended license after he was stopped by Palm Beach police while behind the wheel of his 2012 Maserati.

A court appearance was scheduled for Sept. 7 in West Palm Beach that Mason skipped.

The motion filed in court states that Mason mssed the court hearing because he was “hospitalized for necessary medical treatment.”

No further information was included.

Mason’s family has expressed concerns about the mental health after several incidents involving law enforcement.

Mason was arrested in March after he was found going 75 mph in a 35-mph zone in Hollywood and refused to identify himself to police. A Taser was used twice on Mason, who was charged with resisting an officer without violence, reckless driving, failure to register a motor vehicle, possession of marijuana in an amount less than 20 grams and failure to yield the right of way to an emergency vehicle.

On July 23, Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputies went to the suburban Boynton Beach home of Mason’s mother, who reported that her son was making “irrational” statements. When deputies arrived, Mason said he would call the White House to have them fired and added that “police were responsible for teaching (al-Qaida) how to fly planes.” Mason was not arrested but taken to a local hospital for evaluation.

On July 27, Mason received several citations after he fled from a deputy while riding an ATV at an estimated 80 mph as he was chased from the intersection of Hypoluxo and Hagan Ranch roads to his mother’s home. Mason’s mother told deputies that her son had a “10-year-old’s mindset” as the result of head injuries sustained playing football.

The Los Angeles Rams put Mason on the reserve/did not report list July 30 when he failed to show up for training camp. Rams’ coach Jeff Fisher said he had reached out to Mason without success several times since his March arrest in Hollywood.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...ason-missed-court-because-he-was-hospi/nscLW/

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I smell a lawsuit from Mason & Family towards the Rams, because Mason lost his mind by being replaced by Todd Gurley...I have never heard of football related brain trauma making a guy act like an idiot after two years in the NFL..I HAVE heard of an immature college primadonna that can't handle the fact they are not the best, and are replaceable.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I smell a lawsuit from Mason & Family towards the Rams, because Mason lost his mind by being replaced by Todd Gurley...I have never heard of football related brain trauma making a guy act like an idiot after two years in the NFL..I HAVE heard of an immature college primadonna that can't handle the fact they are not the best, and are replaceable.

Come on, man. I don't want to reignite the debate over whether it's drugs, mental illness, CTE, etc. But this isn't a guy who is upset because the Rams drafted Todd Gurley. There's something clearly wrong with him. It's not easy to be Baker Act'd in Florida (hospitalized).

BTW, there are guys who never made it to the NFL who were found to have CTE. As for a guy who had CTE after only two years in the NFL:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/s...ants-safety-tyler-sash-found-to-have-cte.html

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wish him well, as long as it's well away from the Rams! He's not a "Rams Type Player"! I know 'em when I see's 'em!!(y)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on, man. I don't want to reignite the debate over whether it's drugs, mental illness, CTE, etc. But this isn't a guy who is upset because the Rams drafted Todd Gurley. There's something clearly wrong with him. It's not easy to be Baker Act'd in Florida (hospitalized).

BTW, there are guys who never made it to the NFL who were found to have CTE. As for a guy who had CTE after only two years in the NFL:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/s...ants-safety-tyler-sash-found-to-have-cte.html

I am not saying it's not possible, but what is more likely? We know that his immediate reaction (which was understandable) to Gurley's drafting and into the first few games last year, was that he was the number one back...then Gurley started and took the league by storm, and it seemed it was then that Mason fell apart, away from the limelight. Neither of us know for sure about him, but I am looking at human nature...The gravy train for Mason and his family is over, and now they are looking for a different way to get paid. That is my perception, which may not be true...I just think bad behavior to life disappointments, is more likely than the other..and if it is mental/medical issues, doesn't automatically mean it's CTE..Which is hard to prove without an autopsy, which is convenient for someone suing over the possibility of it. They haven't announced a lawsuit, but do you wanna bet against it's coming, or not?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am not saying it's not possible, but what is more likely?

Which is more likely...a guy who is shown obvious signs of a mental or neurological disorder having a mental disorder or being upset that he lost the starting job? To me, the former.

Like I said, it's difficult to Baker Act a person in Florida. The fact that Mason was Baker Act'd speaks volumes here.

The gravy train for Mason and his family is over, and now they are looking for a different way to get paid.

The gravy train is over because Mason has a mental issue that is keeping him from playing. If he was mentally healthy, he'd be out there right now making money. This argument doesn't make a lot of sense. Mason is costing himself money by doing this.

That is my perception, which may not be true...I just think bad behavior to life disappointments, is more likely than the other..and if it is mental/medical issues, doesn't automatically mean it's CTE..

I think the most likely outcome is that it's some sort of mental or neurological disorder. Doesn't automatically mean CTE. Could be mental illness.

Which is hard to prove without an autopsy, which is convenient for someone suing over the possibility of it. They haven't announced a lawsuit, but do you wanna bet against it's coming, or not?

No, my friend, it's very much the opposite. It's not at all convenient for it to not be provable when he's alive. That makes a lawyer's job very difficult. You have to prove causation and an injury to win the case.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The gravy train for Mason and his family is over, and now they are looking for a different way to get paid. That is my perception, which may not be true.

yeah, nowhere near true.

their gravy train started 30 years ago. his father is a member of de la soul. money isn't a problem they need to worry about.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which is more likely...a guy who is shown obvious signs of a mental or neurological disorder having a mental disorder or being upset that he lost the starting job? To me, the former.

Like I said, it's difficult to Baker Act a person in Florida. The fact that Mason was Baker Act'd speaks volumes here.

The gravy train is over because Mason has a mental issue that is keeping him from playing. If he was mentally healthy, he'd be out there right now making money. This argument doesn't make a lot of sense. Mason is costing himself money by doing this.

I think the most likely outcome is that it's some sort of mental or neurological disorder. Doesn't automatically mean CTE. Could be mental illness.

No, my friend, it's very much the opposite. It's not at all convenient for it to not be provable when he's alive. That makes a lawyer's job very difficult. You have to prove causation and an injury to win the case.

Ok

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah, nowhere near true.

their gravy train started 30 years ago. his father is a member of de la soul. money isn't a problem they need to worry about.

Never heard of them, but that may change things..but then again, a hip hop star having financial troubles isn't rare...It also isn't that rare to sue, just because you can in this country (or potential suit). None of us know the details..not you and not me.

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Never heard of them, but that may change things..but then again, a hip hop star having financial troubles isn't rare...It also isn't that rare to sue, just because you can in this country (or potential suit). None of us know the details..not you and not me.

http://richestcelebrities.org/richest-rappers/vincent-mason-net-worth/

Vincent Mason Net Worth
Jennifer Field February 9, 2016 Rappers 0 Comments

How rich is Vincent Mason?
Vincent Mason net worth:
celebrity_net_worth.png
$3.5 Million

Read more: http://richestcelebrities.org/richest-rappers/vincent-mason-net-worth/#ixzz4KwNjFusB
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Sems like his dad has been successful. I guess 3.5 Million doesn't buy what it use but, is seems the family is well off. This may take awhile to play out and get to some answers. While watching Tre in college I always wonder how a guy his size could deliver punishing blows to defenders. Listed at 5'8" and 207lbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tre_Mason

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, I had googled them.
http://richestcelebrities.org/richest-rappers/vincent-mason-net-worth/

Vincent Mason Net Worth
Jennifer Field February 9, 2016 Rappers 0 Comments

How rich is Vincent Mason?
Vincent Mason net worth:
celebrity_net_worth.png
$3.5 Million

Read more: http://richestcelebrities.org/richest-rappers/vincent-mason-net-worth/#ixzz4KwNjFusB
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Sems like his dad has been successful. I guess 3.5 Million doesn't buy what it use but, is seems the family is well off. This may take awhile to play out and get to some answers. While watching Tre in college I always wonder how a guy his size could deliver punishing blows to defenders. Listed at 5'8" and 207lbs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tre_Mason
Again..so rich people don't sue?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For real? Tre's Dad is in De La?

I think suing the NFL would be difficult. Suing the Rams would also be difficult. The previous players won on a failure to warn theory. Tre can't argue that. He knew about the risks.

fearsomefour

Legend
The idea that this is some scheme to get money is pretty silly. If a player wanted to do that they would stand a better chance of dropping a weight on their foot and sueing because they couldn't play anymore.
How Zac Stacy reacted is how someone acts when they are ass hurt.....trade me so I can go earn somewhere else. Ensuring ones career is over in hope of a payday that would have a very slim chance of going somewhere makes no sense.
The statements he made to police may not be consistent with someone suffering from football related head injuries but they are consistent with someone going through paranoid delusion. It is very sad.
As for head injurie and damage being limited to the NFL (he only played two years in the NFL) well he has been playing football for years. Pop Warner, High School, College.....practice, contact, games. A lot of mileage can get picked up. I personally know of two high school kids where I live that gave up football after multiple concussions....both experiencing memory loss, headaches ect for months and in one case for years after.
Mental illness is real and it is tragic.
Head injuries happen outside the NFL too.
Tre appears to be very ill.
I hope he get the help he needs.

Ram Pat

Rookie
DET receiver did same thing 2yrs ago

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think Mason has mental issues, the timing makes it a little though. Did he have a breakdown because he was no longer the man? Or did Fisher see this coming from his behavior the year before? Is that what made the decision to draft an injured Gurley with the tenth pick easier? Something like this doesn't happen without a bit of forewarning. If so, then they cite thing came about before the Rams had him.