Attorneys: Tre Mason missed court because he was hospitalized

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's wrong with calling the President? I do that all the time when I need to get people fired.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I am not saying it's not possible, but what is more likely?
From Jrry's link on page two...

Last week, representatives from Boston University and the Concussion Legacy Foundation notified the Sash family that C.T.E. had been diagnosed in Tyler’s brain and that the disease, which can be confirmed only posthumously, had advanced to a stage rarely seen in someone his age.

Dr. Ann McKee, chief of neuropathology at the V.A. Boston Healthcare System and a professor of neurology and pathology at the Boston University School of Medicine who conducted the examination, said Tuesday that the severity of the C.T.E. in Sash’s brain was about the same as the level found in the brain of the former N.F.L. star Junior Seau, who committed suicide in 2012 at age 43.

Doctors grade C.T.E. on a severity scale from 0 to 4; Sash was at Stage 2. McKee, comparing the results to other athletes who died at a similar age, said she had seen only one case, that of a 25-year-old former college player, with a similar amount of the disease.
Some of you guys crack me up....you just think he went crazy because he lost his spot? You think his moms wants to sue the league???

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From Jrry's link on page two...

Some of you guys crack me up....you just think he went crazy because he lost his spot? You think his moms wants to sue the league???
Do I think he has acted erratically and was severely frustrated by losing out on the starters job? Hell yes. Is he crazy? I don't know. Does he have brain trauma? NEITHER OF US KNOW. Do we live in a litigious society? I let you answer that one.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Come on, man. I don't want to reignite the debate over whether it's drugs, mental illness, CTE, etc. But this isn't a guy who is upset because the Rams drafted Todd Gurley. There's something clearly wrong with him. It's not easy to be Baker Act'd in Florida (hospitalized).

BTW, there are guys who never made it to the NFL who were found to have CTE. As for a guy who had CTE after only two years in the NFL:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/s...ants-safety-tyler-sash-found-to-have-cte.html

Well said. Especially the part about being Baker Act'd in Florida. Cuz...Florida. Once you live here... it's an education... a Hunter S Thompson + Joseph Heller-type education...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Do I think he has acted erratically and was severely frustrated by losing out on the starters job? Hell yes. Is he crazy? I don't know. Does he have brain trauma? NEITHER OF US KNOW. Do we live in a litigious society? I let you answer that one.
Lots of "if" questions from both of us...I deserve that...
I don't think he acted erratically after losing his job last season. He played...not well, but played.........Is he crazy?...Well, he's being psychologically evaluated in a facility as we speak...perhaps a small mental break...Does he have brain trauma? Sorta a circumstantial evidence type question...If he NEVER, EVER behaved in such a way, and we now have proof that playing a contact sport causes severe brain trauma, it would lead many to believe, maybe not you but many, that he's suffering from brain trauma...Look at the similarities in the signs/symptoms...Litigious society...hmmm, I wonder is there a way to show/see which types of individuals sue the most?...as far as wealth...I think that the league has shielded itself from most lawsuits by being proactive in trying to inform the players about the risks (which I think are assumed anyway)...and if any type of money or award is granted to the family, it would be limited to medical care...which seems fair.

Debacled

Starter
This has absolutely nothing to do with Gurley being the workhorse for the Rams. The man has something majorly wrong mentally with him, and the Rams are well aware of that fact (hence the Fisher comments).

Looks more like the development of a mental disorder (such as schizo) rather than CTE per say (especially due to all the odd behavior and how young he still is). Either way its good to know he is finally getting some professional help from someone other than his parents.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
He may be a loon, but doing things like riding an ATV at 80MPH can't be good for anybody.

Yeah, I guess his moms is thinking about using her son's situation for some more NFL money, and not that I care, but the voices in my head are telling me she won't get what she's looking for.

But hopefully he gets what he needs before he does something he'll really regret.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier