Atlanta's new stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
When I saw the renderings I thought it looked a lot like Heinz Field. I like it...I don't quite understand why we need something that looks like a space ship for it to be impressive.
I like keeping it simple because it should make it easier to update and make upgrades too than something like the spaceship in Atlanta.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hollywood park construction is not underway. They're digging a hole in the middle of the racetrack, that's it. Maybe some sewage lines, or drainage.

Also, they have environmental and FAA concerns to remedy before a stadium is built on that location.

Uh, yes it is and it has been since the summer. They're not doing the stadium yet, but they're doing the surrounding areas, essentially prepping them for the stadium. As soon as they get the green light, which is probably later this year or early (January) of next year they will likely start on the stadium itself.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anticipated Timing for rams stadium plan

January— May 2015
• Present preliminary stadium plan to Governor and the public
• Ensure stadium plan and redevelopment site meet NFL criteria
• NFL confirms funding availability
• Finalize site plan and develop site acquisition strategy

June 2015 — December 2016
• Acquire site control
• Design and construction documents prepared and finalized
• Bids solicited and contractors selected
• Site preparation work begins

January December 2017
• Financing documents drafted, negotiated and signed
• Lease documents drafted, negotiated and signed
• Site preparation work completed and permits obtained

January 2018 Summer 2020
• Market seat licenses • Construction of new stadium for opening by 2020 NFL season

Athos

Legend
Jumbo trons would be annoying as fuck.

But that's an awesome design for a retractable roof.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Jumbo trons would be annoying as freak.

But that's an awesome design for a retractable roof.
Yeah i don't see how that design is very practical at all. It's reeks of designers thinking "Hey, nobody has done it like this yet!"

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Call me easy to please but I'm just happy to see a proposal with blue and gold stadium seats. I never understood the red seats at the Ed. It's almost like they were trying to anticipate getting the Cardinals mascot back