Atlanta's new stadium

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'll say it out loud... The new proposal sucks compared to ATL and MIN. It absolutely sucks. No imagination or original thought whatsoever. And the fact that they designed it below the 70,000 minimum to attract a SB is flat out idiotic.

Agree. Side by side, there are no comparisons.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'll say it out loud... The new proposal sucks compared to ATL and MIN. It absolutely sucks. No imagination or original thought whatsoever. And the fact that they designed it below the 70,000 minimum to attract a SB is flat out idiotic.
Vikings stadium seats 65,000 with "expandable" seating to accommodate 73,000 for special events like the SuperBowl. I'm amazed that hasn't raised some eyebrows. Ask the Cowboys how banking on "expandable" seating works out.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
It's tough to sellout 70k seats in St. Louis. Maybe if we have a perennial winner it wouldn't be a problem, but not currently.

No city in the country could sell that out after our recent history after the GSOT.

If BS garbage cities like Atlanta and Minneapolis can sell out and attract a Super Bowl, then we should too. If not, we don't deserve a team.

They should implement expandable seating for huge events like the SB or soccer games that adds the extra 5k needed. Or, how about a freaking original design at least? Not some bland venue barely worthy of hosting a D1-AA school from Montana or one of the Dakotas.

This can't be the final offer. I personally don't care what type of building I'm watching a game in, but to think... this is our hail Mary to keep the team? You've got to be kidding me.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Vikings stadium seats 65,000 with "expandable" seating to accommodate 73,000 for special events like the SuperBowl. I'm amazed that hasn't raised some eyebrows. Ask the Cowboys how banking on "expandable" seating works out.

Yeah, but Min's capacity is only supposed to expand about 7,000-8,000. Dallas was just ridiculous, like going from 80k to 105k. Adding an extra 7k seats is far more feasible.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
It's really neat and futuristic looking....but I don't think that is something that will withstand time. I think in 10 years it will look weird/tacky.

And the Ed doesn't?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
If BS garbage cities like Atlanta and Minneapolis can sell out and attract a Super Bowl, then we should too. If not, we don't deserve a team.

They should implement expandable seating for huge events like the SB or soccer games that adds the extra 5k needed. Or, how about a freaking original design at least? Not some bland venue barely worthy of hosting a D1-AA school from Montana or one of the Dakotas.

This can't be the final offer. I personally don't care what type of building I'm watching a game in, but to think... this is our hail Mary to keep the team? You've got to be kidding me.

I think the hail mary is the proposed land for the stadium. There's still plenty of negotiations that have to go on, and what the building will look like is part of it. Hell, someone earlier in the thread said the same architecture firm that did Atlanta is doing ours. So, the potential is there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
"Ripley, close all hatches behind me...i'm moving on."
giphy.gif

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Regarding seating capacity and Super Bowls. Keep in mind that Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy holds 62,000 - but expands to another 8,000 for special events, and they had a Super Bowl. So it doesn't have to be a 70,000 seat stadium per se to host a super bowl.

And I acknowledge that the new stadium project / renderings are nothing but first drafts / ideas to get the ball rolling. But I think I was more blown away with the video / presentation that Atlanta did than anything. If I saw something like that for here, I'd be pretty pumped up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I like the 100 yard bar concept. That's way cool, but when i see concepts like this and the Founders club lounge etc, I can't help but think of paying $10 for an iced tea and $1 for extra lemon...forget ordering food and a beer. Who can afford to go to these games and get the full experience these days anyway? Not I.

Ticket
Parking
One piece of team gear
Food
Drinks

#Fuhgetaboutit

BD-TomCat

Rookie
Thats the type of stadium Kroenke wants. He wants to hold final 4s and other events also. Hopefully he will pay for the removable roof

Sum1

Hall of Fame
And the Ed doesn't?
I think the Ed definitely doesn't have a lot of the things you want in a stadium today...but does it look weird or tacky? No, I don't think it does. I don't thing the old RCA Dome, Astro Dome, and many of the newer dome/retractable stadiums today did/do either. But there are some that certainly did/do. I actually think the Georgia Dome is OK minus the way the roof looks.

I think the Ed looks dated in some respects, but no not tacky or weird.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You are really blowing things way out of context. That proposal was all about presenting a viable stadium plan to the city and the Rams basically stating that we can build a stadium around 950 million without increasing taxes. But we also want the stadium to help liven up the riverfront. The stadium design is only the first concept drawn up. We didn't see the inside of the stadium like what they have shown on the Atlanta video. We only saw the outside seating layout that's it. There are some very good aspect of the stadium like being able to ride your boat to the stadium and docking it, the parking the new layout of the riverfront and you couple that with the Arch ground project you have a very attractive downtown riverfront. More details about the stadium will be coming so instead of trashing it before it's even been built just hold on

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
If I was 12, I would think the Atlanta Falcons soon to be stadium is awesome. It's a trendy looking stadium.

I might be the only one, but I do like the proposed stadium plan. The thing I like about it most is that it's on the riverfront. Riverfront stadiums are awesome!!
Heinz_Field_(2005).jpg

7865.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There are some very good aspect of the stadium like being able to ride your boat to the stadium and docking it
No way...that's awesome. Lol. Imagine going fishing at dawn, picking up your ho's at noon and speeding into the Rams' dock with your foam finger held high just before kickoff.

200.gif

Sum1

Hall of Fame
If I was 12, I would think the Atlanta Falcons soon to be stadium is awesome. It's a trendy looking stadium.

I might be the only one, but I do like the proposed stadium plan. The thing I like about it most is that it's on the riverfront. Riverfront stadiums are awesome!!
Heinz_Field_(2005).jpg

7865.jpg
When I saw the renderings I thought it looked a lot like Heinz Field. I like it...I don't quite understand why we need something that looks like a space ship for it to be impressive.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If you guys actually think that the stadium we showed will be the final project your nuts. It's a rough draft and nothing more. I guarantee they still have more add ons to make it a super bowl stadium.

How much time do they have left though? Construction is well underway at the Hollywood Park, and has been for months. While they need to get voter approval to actually start on the stadium, I have no doubt they'll easily get the signatures needed and get it passed. Once construction starts on the stadium, which would probably be early next year, its probably too late. The proposal may not be the final product, but its pretty far off and there's not a ton of time left.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
How much time do they have left though? Construction is well underway at the Hollywood Park, and has been for months. While they need to get voter approval to actually start on the stadium, I have no doubt they'll easily get the signatures needed and get it passed. Once construction starts on the stadium, which would probably be early next year, its probably too late. The proposal may not be the final product, but its pretty far off and there's not a ton of time left.

Hollywood park construction is not underway. They're digging a hole in the middle of the racetrack, that's it. Maybe some sewage lines, or drainage.

Also, they have environmental and FAA concerns to remedy before a stadium is built on that location.