Arthritis in the Knee

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
This statement is confusing to me. Maybe you can clear this up.

So you have concluded it is arthritis. And if your conclusion is wrong, it will certainly progress into arthritis in the short term?

Please expand on the reasons for your diagnosis and prognosis Dr Coconut.

Not doubting your findings, just would like to appreciate your methodology on a very popular subject.

The question should now be, when do we cut this lame player?

We don't have another Gurley but a pretty good lineup of RBs that can still provide a championship team IMO.
Dr. Coconut. I love the sarcasm especially when I expect it.:neener: True I am Dr. Coconut but as a Doggie Psychiatrist only. I speak about arthritis from my experience of having it and speaking with others who have it.

Yes at this point from what I've read and what I've watched I do believe it is arthritis. TG had a traumatic knee injury a few years ago and rehabbed well to enable him to play more than any NFL RB over this time. But that comes at a price. For his body and in particular that knee. (Now if it is his other knee then I'd still believe it is arthritis.) The price to which I refer is the propensity to develop arthritis. Even at his age. Plus he doesn't have the joints of a man his age. He can't. Not with the pounding he's taken from playing football for how many years? At least 10-12 years?

Would anyone be surprised to learn a well used NFL RB developed arthritis? Really? Yes I believe arthritis is in his future (if not his present) a cost of playing a lot of football at a punishing position at a high level.

Lingering soreness and inflammation, talk of stem cell treatments and a future of limiting his playing time, drafting a RB all points to something from which he isn't expected to fully recover. Could this turn out to be a Warner with a glove recovery (as in not playing for a long time to completely heal) I doubt it. For a RB most all contact is going to impact the knees. I'm happy he got the big contract and grateful for the success he has brought to the Rams but I don't expect to see that same TG again.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Dr. Coconut. I love the sarcasm especially when I expect it.:neener: True I am Dr. Coconut but as a Doggie Psychiatrist only. I speak about arthritis from my experience of having it and speaking with others who have it.

Yes at this point from what I've read and what I've watched I do believe it is arthritis. TG had a traumatic knee injury a few years ago and rehabbed well to enable him to play more than any NFL RB over this time. But that comes at a price. For his body and in particular that knee. (Now if it is his other knee then I'd still believe it is arthritis.) The price to which I refer is the propensity to develop arthritis. Even at his age. Plus he doesn't have the joints of a man his age. He can't. Not with the pounding he's taken from playing football for how many years? At least 10-12 years?

Would anyone be surprised to learn a well used NFL RB developed arthritis? Really? Yes I believe arthritis is in his future (if not his present) a cost of playing a lot of football at a punishing position at a high level.

Lingering soreness and inflammation, talk of stem cell treatments and a future of limiting his playing time, drafting a RB all points to something from which he isn't expected to fully recover. Could this turn out to be a Warner with a glove recovery (as in not playing for a long time to completely heal) I doubt it. For a RB most all contact is going to impact the knees. I'm happy he got the big contract and grateful for the success he has brought to the Rams but I don't expect to see that same TG again.

Very well thought out and explained Doctor.

Summarizing this as you have, you have made one of the more interesting, compelling points with this mass discussion.

We all are hoping the best for both Todd Gurley and the Rams.

You easily sold yourself as a competent Doggie Psychiatrist. My Dog has issues. I think you are the guy! :)

GO RAMS!!!

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
After reading about arthritis in the knee, it seems that the prognosis for Todd Gurley is alarming. It's a very painful condition for which it seems to be no permanent cure. The treatment is basically a pain tolerance approach. The idea is to limit the amount of pain with medications and rest.

I'm very discouraged by this information perhaps we should accept that Todd gurley's career is coming to an end.

Can Brown and company come to the rescue?

Brown
Kelly
Henderson
Davis

I have not read that this is the diagnosis, however it kind of fits the fact pattern.
IF it is, the future is nowhere near as bright for Todd as it probably would have been without arthritis.
Again, if that is what it really is- and that's a big IF.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Darrell Henderson is the cure to whatever ails Gurley.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Locking this thread. How about these threads stop until something is confirmed one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.