Areas the Rams need to improve for the playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking of the Vikes... The CBs need to do a better job playin the MFing ball or at least gettin their heads around when they flip their hips and go. Case misses a lot on the sideline and intermediate throws and often underthrows them, and if you don't play the ball it's gonna be a PI; conversely playing the ball can often be an INT.

Rams really got to work on that one IMO.
I've been saying that for years now . Get your head turned around and play the ball . Thats what seperates the good CB's from the average ones . It drives me crazy

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been saying that for years now . Get your head turned around and play the ball . Thats what seperates the good CB's from the average ones . It drives me crazy

What's interesting about Hill in particular is he does have good ball awareness but is sometimes beaten badly. He's like the polar opposite of Web, who does a great job being in the right spot but has poor ball awareness.

Ah well. Really hoping Hill plays lights out for us the rest of the way. He's done some really good things, just has to clean up some stuff.

Ram65

Legend
3. Working the refs. I think this is something McVay needs to improve on. In that game vs the Titans the officiating was effin terrible and the Rams did get some big calls in their favor, but the continued holding of Quinn and some of the other guys up front without calls was out of control.

IMO the non-calls are something that don't get enough press, and they translate back to the head coach's ability to work the refs and make them aware of the other team's BS.

Another great point. McVay has his head in the play card which I understand. Overall he doesn't appear to talk to the refs much. IDK how much talking to refs works. I would still rather him point things out like the holding non-calls. Keep talking as long as it is going on. Can't remember the game but, I think an OT was moving early on a lot of plays. That's another one that bothers me.

The Rams did get the no call when Higbee moved on Gurley's TD.