Are we in a rebuild? How many wins in 2017?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Let's DO THING THING!
SnYnfWx.png

:puke:

A55VA6

Legend
I just want to see improvement from Goff/young players and the offense as a whole...

I WANT 8+ wins. I'm sick of being a losing team. But I'm not sure I can expect 8+ wins in McVay's 1st year.. Probably looking at 5-7 wins unless he works some magic.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
A change in mindset yes but not a rebuild, I think adding woods and Whitworth has already added talent at key positions. Just them getting rid of guys like Britt who wasn't serious and trying to trade tru to free up cap space shows they want to win now . Not playoffs or bust this year but I think they are preparing for 2 years not 5. Arizona is getting old and close to a rebuild, Seattle can't be good forever, I see 8 to 9 wins being a good goal.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yes this is a rebuild as others have already documented there can be no other term for it. It was obvious from the different schemes and players who did not fit that this team would be turned over to create McVay's vision. I'm a little disappointed they are jacking around with the defense so much in the first year, that group was not a main point of concern with this team.

I would be surprised if they win 6 games this year, there is just too much change to expect them to do more than that.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Definitely a rebuild, key positions have been cut, the D is being totally over-hauled and will have new bodies in a new scheme. The O will have a scheme this year, which will be a new thing. With Britt & Kendricks both gone - we're going to need to replace both of them - while I love Woods - he's not a big, imposing #1 type WR which I think we're still need and are definitely missing (#pleasecutquick).

I think we need that Alpha male player on our O. I don't think the current attacking O will strike fear in the hearts of opposing Ds.

Currently, I'm going down the middle. If we win 8 I'll be happy - but I will come back to you after FA has ended AND after the draft AND during pre-season to review - if that's ok ;)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff will be the determining factor. If he breaks out hard under this staff with a good season it's gonna be a very short rebuild. If he sucks we're looking at needing to find a QB and also a LT since the time required to draft and get the rookie QB ready will eat through Whitworth's last couple years.

The defense will probably be good relatively fast. Way too many quality pieces for me to think otherwise. Basically the Rams are a gold mine for McVay in that yes it's a rebuild but it's one with a lot of quality in place on defense plus some really good pieces on offense to include the OL.

IMO a good comparison is the 9ers before Harbaugh moved in. They were a rebuild, but a quick one because Jim got the QB's head screwed on straight relatively quickly (before he traded him lol) and all of a sudden the talent on the roster showed through.

So my expectation is .500 ball as Goff settles in, with a strong finish to the season. Rams' OL is not quite as loaded as the 9ers' line was and the Rams' offense will take a little more time.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Goff gets a free pass for last seasons freak up. We know it wasn't his fault, but this season he will start fresh with a new coach and staff. We really need him to shine, otherwise like Merlin said he may need to find another QB who can get it done. I am seriously hoping Goff puts all the disbelievers in awe. We will see though.

Ram65

Legend
It's a two year reshape not rebuild. It doesn't take long to shape a roster that your mind imagines, in today's NFL. Rams have already done a lot of remolding the roster by some solid additions at OT and WR. They made cuts and trades to delete aging veteran that were already in decline. They have a talented base of players that fit the player mold they want. They have more money to continue reshaping with free agents and this years draft.

I'm not putting a win lose total for this year. I am predicting that they will be in the playoff hunt next. I could say they will make the playoff but, even being seriously in the hunt will start a long successful path to annual playoffs. By the end of the two year make many players that played for Coach Fisher will be gone. Even this year it will be McVay's team as he has gotten a great start to reshaping the Ram.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
A few long term players left this off season. Kendricks, Hayes, Simms, TruJo (probably), Barnes, Britt, McDonald (?), Benny C. (?)...Change to 3-4, which is a defensive formation rarely used by the Rams except when they were being tricky boys. Of course adding upgrades at LT and WR so far....

I have no clue what we will do this season. Eliminating our starting Center without any apparent replacement (sorry Rhaney, you will never be a legit starter)..... I hope that we can at least be competitive this year... (7-9? :giveup:)

Rebuild = Yes.
2017 win total = 4.