Are we in a rebuild? How many wins in 2017?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yes , this is year 13 of our 14 year rebuilding plan

Last edited:

tempests

Hall of Fame
Feels more like a renovation than a rebuild.

Either way I'm hesitant to speculate on Ws and Ls at this point.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
We were 3 and 1 at one point last year and a glorious future appeared to be a near certainty.

This year?

I would just like to see some imaginative playcalling on offense along with a drastic reduction in the idiotic penalties.

That is not asking for too much, is it?

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
It's not a complete starting over. Some guys who don't fit the scheme going forward have been moved out. The additions, so far, address areas of need. I think the telling point next season will be all about preparation and game planning (with this new thing I've been hearing about called "in-game adjustments".) If this team is prepared to play and has competent coaching, it CAN compete.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I'm less worried about the number of wins... I just want to see Goff take a big step forward. Show us he can comfortably go through his progressions. Can this OL gel and block more than a wet paper bag!?!?!?
Can we get some LBs for Wade?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Don't know about that...Seems to me we are missing several starters.
Offense:
1. Center
2. Wherever Saffold starts by Week 3.
3. #1 WR or #2 WR, depending on what you think Robert Woods is.
4. Higbee a starter?

3/4 Defense:
1. 3/4 DE
2. NT ? (Brockers a legit NT in a 3/4?)
3. 3/4 LBers? Is Mark Barron going to be a legit 3/4 Lb?
4. Safety (s?)

Well, I think we're going to hear that we've signed Groy, but that won't be for awhile. I think they're trying to work out a contract that Buffalo won't match and that requires Buffalo to use more of their cap. Once Buffalo signs more people, then I expect us to make a decent value contract offer that they won't want to match.

Pretty sure Higbee is gonna blow up this year. And Woods is a solid #2. I mean really solid.

As for D, our starting OL is Donald, Brockers and Easley. Easley will do really well at the other DE spot. As for Brockers, in Philips 3-4, yes, Brockers is a really nice fit. In the KC 3-4, not really. You want a space eater like Ngata or Poe. So, we're really fine with Brockers.

I think we'll hopefully pick up Connor Barwin as a OLB and we'll see about an ILB.

Safety should be fine. The only question is which guys will man the position, but under Philips, I like any of the combos we could have and I'm not including TJ in that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Harkey & Westbrooks are still with us, although Westbrooks may have some serious legal problems with his ex and the Commish.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I think we are currently reloading or rebuilding. Dont really know the difference. This team is going to have a lot of new faces.

IMO right now, we are starting to put the pieces in place, but lack depth at certain positions. I still believe that we can put together a winning season if we stay healthy.

Ultimately it will depend upon this reconfigured (still in progress OL). You can line up the beef, but preforming and jelling as a unit takes time. We should learn relatively early if they have a workable combination, but to expect execution at a high level, consistently is at least a year away, best case scenario, IMO.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Harkey & Westbrooks are still with us, although Westbrooks may have some serious legal problems with his ex and the Commish.
Yep, you beat me to it. I saw a recent interview with McVay where he was excited about the dual role of TE and Fullback for Harkey....Case Keenum was off my radar screen after he was booted for Goff, and Westbrook? Depends what the Commish does to him, probably...

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
No apologies necessary, but you do get to buy the next round. :cheers:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Yeah, that could get expensive with LoyalRam & his yegersnocker. :LOL: