Aqib Talib Now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
giphy.gif

ok ...I go out to play football, and when I come back, does it happens?
wow

Clearly, you need to continue to do what you're doing. We're counting on you now.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Don’t think Wade Phillips doesn’t have a big freaking hand in all this. These are guys they have to be comfortable with.

Webster has a relationship there & Marcus Peters has a mentor which will help in his development. McVay is huge into having young players being mentored.

It will be interesting how things round out , but for now The Rams are building there core the way they think best fits.

The Rams getting rid of St.Louis stench. No disrespect. Just talking about that Fisher lossing culture.

Brock & Donald are a huge base from St.Louis days . So the beef on D is still in place. Both have great mind sets.
You could have just said Jeff fisher stench no need to drag us here in the Midwest into it

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is some weird wonderful football universe Rams fans are now floating around in. Are you guys sure this is the Rams board? Are we dreaming? Crazy great trades! We also are getting the best new stadium money can buy. Weird wonderful times in Ramsville.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The two most impactful losses during the reg season, games that hurt their playoff seeding etc... we're the Vikings & Eagles games. Both games where injuries to the CBs cost them in those games. So now they are adding quality and depth. In fact the Skins game also was lost on a play with Peterson giving up the wining TD, while filling in for an injured starter.

jap

Legend

Now imagine this with Marcus Peters on the other side, with Joyner on the back end this secondary is going to be nastttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Aqib may have to give Marcus a thorough course in how to tackle. I don't care how elite your coverage skills are, you simply cannot! be a complete CB if you cannot bring down WR's, TE's, RB's, and FB's all by your lonesome.

Our fabulous WR crew is gonna get challenged BIG-TIME by our elite secondary in training camp. How can those two units not! make each other better?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we extend him, we can give him the signing bonus this year to make him happy while pushing the big money out until 2019.

The problem is, that means a lot of his cap hit will be with the Rams trying to extend Gurley and Goff. It helps the Rams this year, but makes roster management much tougher in later years. Unless they are deciding to go all out in 2018, that may not be wise.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is some weird wonderful football universe Rams fans are now floating around in. Are you guys sure this is the Rams board? Are we dreaming? Crazy great trades! We also are getting the best new stadium money can buy. Weird wonderful times in Ramsville.

Compare how we're all feeling right now to how we all felt during the 2016 season, where hope had gone to die.

This is the originisation we all dreamed of. A front office that makes the moves it needs to make, a smart hc that oozes confidence and leadership, great coordinators and players that can make shit happen.

Let's hope it pays off on the playing field this season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I love the talent but hate the attitudes that the Rams now have in the secondary. I hope these guys can keep their emotions in check and stay out of trouble. Please bring back NRC. He was the best of he bunch last year IMO.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We've been a pay as you go team as long as Demoff has been with us. I assume AD's contract will reflect that.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
If we want to move on from Talib next year, what would it cost us in salary cap???

Should be either nothing or almost nothing.

Whatever's guaranteed this year is all on this year. We're not paying any signing bonuses or anything that would become part of next year.

The only thing would be if he had any guaranteed salary and with it being the last year of the contract, I'm almost certain that he's past the guaranteed monies.

Pretty sure this could be a one year rental if there's a noticeable dropoff.

I don't expect that. Talib's played very well and stayed healthy for the most part. I can easily see him playing out the two years.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Now... had a few hours to try and digest this...

But.. how the hell am I supposed to get to sleep now?

I'm so giddy and pumped I'm...squeaking...

But that could also be the rust...

jap

Legend
Webster's contract isn't that much of a hindrance. I don't see him being moved and the team full on relying on Shields/Hill for the 3rd corner. Keep Webster and see if he can regain his form, keep NRC, and this is one of the deepest CB groups in the league

". . . one of the deepest CB groups in the league"? Are you kidding me? We would have to be the deepest hands down if we retain Webster, NRC, and Hill.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Actually i have to give some props to the fisher and snead combo. The seeds were planted during fisher's tenure but he wasn't the man to take advantage. If nothing else the drafting of Donald, Gurley and Goff have provided an outstanding nucleus for a great team. A platform for the current regime to make the moves they're making. These players don't grow on trees. Props to them for taking the chance on them. Especially the bold trade for goff, a franchise saviour just about (When paired with a hc like mcvay).

So while there was no hope when fisher was coach, him and snead laid the platform for a better coach to come in and take advantage of having these 3 great players on the team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem is, that means a lot of his cap hit will be with the Rams trying to extend Gurley and Goff. It helps the Rams this year, but makes roster management much tougher in later years. Unless they are deciding to go all out in 2018, that may not be wise.

That's happening no matter what.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Luke warm on him, 32 and probably declining. I'd rather have Tru

I love the talent but hate the attitudes that the Rams now have in the secondary. I hope these guys can keep their emotions in check and stay out of trouble. Please bring back NRC. He was the best of he bunch last year IMO.

We've got an improved secondary now two deep which is great news but yeah, I'm going to be concerned how these two dudes get along in the locker room and their overall effect. Got my fingers crossed.

CB addition not likely early on now, but I would like to see them bring in someone just for youth and longevity purposes. NRC comin back would be nice, but if not no worries addressing nickel isn't the toughest thing to fill.

jap

Legend
3 mil is expensive for a a guy who will be the fourth CB at best if they bring back NRC. Especially when they have solid depth who can play special teams signed cheaply after the top three in Hill, Shields, and Peterson. That 3mil is about what NRC or John Sulivan will make. IMO makes more sense spending that on your starting nickel back or center instead of the 4th CB/special teamer.

I expect Wade will try to hold onto his top quality DBs unless an emergency financial situation develops. DBs get injured or banged up all the time. You want backups who provide as little drop off in coverage quality as possible.