Anyone believe Fisher/USC rumors?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I have absolutely no doubt that Fisher will NOT go to USC

I'm not sure who they will try to hire. Maybe Jack Del Rio, maybe Sarkisian. Gruden still wants to coach in the NFL

No way would Saban leave Alabama where he won 3 out of the last 4 championships, where he can recruit anyone he wants (and does) in order to take over a wounded USC

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
brokeu91 said:
I have absolutely no doubt that Fisher will NOT go to USC

I'm not sure who they will try to hire. Maybe Jack Del Rio, maybe Sarkisian. Gruden still wants to coach in the NFL

No way would Saban leave Alabama where he won 3 out of the last 4 championships, where he can recruit anyone he wants (and does) in order to take over a wounded USC

LOL, Del Rio may be in LA, but he's not on any USC list, at least according to Pat Haden himself. I also doubt seriously that Sarkisian or Gruden would ever come up as well. Those who have followed the storied history of that fine university knows the "type" of head coach that "fits" their winning tradition.

Of course that leaves the Kiffin model, that still amazes me to this day. I guess it was the suddeness of Carroll's departure that stunned the then AD (Garrett). To be honest, I always believed that Garrett was in over his head at that position, so perhaps that explains (in part) the mysterious decision to hire Kiffin and his daddy....

USC does not look for the "name" coach, they look for someone that understands the tradition and fits the mold. Most college programs flip and flop over time with their style of play and philosophy. Only the very best programs have an extended history and identity based upon a style of play that remains relatively constant.

As for Fisher, what nonsense....for him it's about moving forward, not backward. If he were a DC or something and perhaps 10 years younger, then maybe. But now, after being a NFL head coach for so long........ Like you, I'm amazed than anyone would even suggest that Fisher would be remotely interested in USC.