Anyone believe Fisher/USC rumors?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
At this point, with what feels to me, him showing extreme stuburness and hooking his buddies up with jobs....I may not care. But I personally can not see him pulling a Bobby P. on us. But it still makes me wonder....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I kind of hope it happens. Don't believe it will.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think there is a coach available to take this team at the moment. No one we would want. Maybe Marty would come

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No. I still believe in the Fish turning this thing around though.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I really don't think there is a chance.

IMHO, Fisher's MO is being a players coach. He is laid back in the sense that he limits vets reps in practice and is easy on the players bodies. He has lived in the NFL and has never showed interest in the college game.

He likes (as we have all talked about) to run the ball and work from there. I don't think this style works in college. College coaches such as Schiano and Saban are aggressive, get in your face guys that need to be in control of youngsters. Carroll may be an exception.

But how much more could USC off than what we are already paying him?

I just don't see Fisher doing that. But hey, I could be wrong.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Fisher doesn't strike me as a College coach.

So, no. I don't think there is a chance in hell.

Plus... isn't Fisher on of the highest paid coaches in the NFL?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
El Juggernauto said:
I don't think there is a coach available to take this team at the moment. No one we would want. Maybe Marty would come

Lovie Smith.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I personally think it would be more fun to coach a big college program.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jrry32 said:
El Juggernauto said:

Lovie Smith.
How many super bowls did he win in Chicago again. Or wait your gonna tell me it was the talent right much like everyone is blaming fish but lovie ain't no different

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
El Juggernauto said:

Lovie Smith.
How many super bowls did he win in Chicago again. Or wait your gonna tell me it was the talent right much like everyone is blaming fish but lovie ain't no different

How many Super Bowls did Dungy win in Tampa Bay? Lovie, at least, gets his defenses playing up to par.

Lovie got fired after going 10-6. I'll happily take that.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
El Juggernauto said:

Lovie Smith.
Just as many as Fisher won anywhere.

But I'm tired of defensive coaches. Wouldn't want a third one in a row.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
El Juggernauto said:

Lovie Smith.

Not a good talking point when your current head coach has the same number.

Also Lovie Smith at least was smart enough to hire an OC that could make the most out of Grossman of all people. Say what you want about Bradford, but he's not worse than Grossman, but who did Fisher hire to utilize him? A highly panned and criticized OC still reeling from having been tossed out on his nose.

So Lovie might not be as bad as you make him out to be.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Let's not get after eachother fellas. Some of us, just like coaches, are more offensive or defensive minded. Some of us love to pound the ball, some want an air raid. We all have our opinions on who could do the job...but I think we all agree if the current guy is gonna do it, he needs to make some changes

bluecoconuts

Legend
I don't think so, I'v heard a few rumors about potential replacements and none of them were Fisher.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
JMO Fisher is not that sort,he took this job for five years and he won't even listen to. an offer nor interview

USC will finish the yr and the interim coach IMO will get a shot at the job if he turns things around

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher isn't a quitter. Taking the USC job is quitting the Rams.

I'm not ready to get rid of Fisher just yet. I want to see how he and this team responds. I'm on the Lovie bandwagon if all fails though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thordaddy said:
JMO Fisher is not that sort,he took this job for five years and he won't even listen to. an offer nor interview

USC will finish the yr and the interim coach IMO will get a shot at the job if he turns things around

I doubt Orgeron will get a shot. I think they'll go after Jack Del Rio hard. And from what I've heard from people that know him, he wants to stay in the NFL. If they don't get him, Gruden will pop up.

If that falls through, they'll make a run at Saban and likely fail. And then, imo, Steve Sarkisian from Washington will become a big name for that job.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
jrry32 said:
Thordaddy said:

I doubt Orgeron will get a shot. I think they'll go after Jack Del Rio hard. And from what I've heard from people that know him, he wants to stay in the NFL. If they don't get him, Gruden will pop up.

If that falls through, they'll make a run at Saban and likely fail. And then, imo, Steve Sarkisian from Washington will become a big name for that job.

They will certainly get a bigger fish than Orgeron unless he pulls off a miracle which still leaves him little chance at remaining in 2014. Names will be leaked to see how the market reacts and then they choose accordingly. Packed stadium, recruiting and national attention are at stake. Bringing the sanction filled Kiffin era to an end was the bridging of a necessary gap before Bringing in a new post kiffin/sanction era. Haden is no dummy the one time Rhodes scholar will be very deliberate and calculated. This program has more revenue at stake than most professional teams in any Sport.