Anybody notice that 7 of our 8 draft picks made the 53?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I did't say it's totally bad...just a lil disconcerting that 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders could beat out veterans...that WERE drafted higher....

The bottom of the roster should experience a little turnover....this seems like a bit much.

Nowadays not a lot of draft picks get cut before the 1st 53 cut down of the year. I would guess that opening day rosters throughout the league contain 80% of their teams draft class.

Again cheap labor. In fact I would guess most teams keep at least two to three undrafted FA' s.

With FA even contending teams see significant turnover from year to year. Just the way things are. It's not like years ago when you could stash guys for two to three years on IR or taxi squads. Heck I remember Jackie Slater did not see the field for 2-3 years when he started his career.

Plus with salaries so high at the top of the roster, you don't keep middling vets.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Looking at GBN, which highlights rookie cuts, Cincinnati and Minnesota cut the most draft picks, 3.... but the Bengals had 11 picks and the Vikes cut three of their four 7th rounders.

http://gbnreport.com

Otherwise not many teams cut more than one or two picks and just about all 6th and 7th rounders.

Also teams don't want to look bad. The Eagles reached for Donnel Pumphery in the 4th this year. Has looked over-matched in preseason, just too small at 170 lbs, but they kept him, but they also kept Corey Clement an UDFA RB, because they had to since Pumphery is not capable of backing up now, where Clement is.

So teams try to save face, but eventually guys like Pumphrey will disappear.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Hey @-X-
Did Cooper Kupp make the team?
VuVxuB8.jpg