Anybody else feel pretty comfortable about our pick at #23?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I am. Most years I’m very anxious, but not this year.

Several reasons:

S&M convinced me last year that they definitely know what they’re doing during the offseason madness. We’re in very good hands.

I’m confidant that they will make smart decisions in FA which will enable them to just take BPA available from maybe 4 position groups. Child’s play compared to this time last year.

Clearly there will be quality players at our pick at #23. It’s just a matter of them choosing one.

So, I’m certainly interested in seeing how this all plays out. At least as much as in years past. But just not all that anxious because of my confidence in this regime.

What a great feeling...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

Several reasons:

S&M convinced me last year that they definitely know what they’re doing during the offseason madness. We’re in very good hands.

I’m confidant that they will make smart decisions in FA which will enable them to just take BPA available from maybe 4 position groups. Child’s play compared to this time last year.

Clearly there will be quality players at our pick at #23. It’s just a matter of them choosing one.

So, I’m certainly interested in seeing how this all plays out. At least as much as in years past. But just not all that anxious because of my confidence in this regime.

What a great feeling...
I agree and I think we can trade down a half-dozen spots, pick up an additional pick, and still get a starter.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Picking late has definitely taken the fun out of the draft for me. I’m not sure if it’s that, or the fact that I don’t worry about this staff as much as the previous few.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ya I'm hoping for a trade down, net us a 2nd and a 3rd.. Need to restock the cupboard

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Ya I'm hoping for a trade down, net us a 2nd and a 3rd.. Need to restock the cupboard
If we find a partner to trade down, the best we can get is an extra pick at the end of the third round. The #23 pick is not worth a second and a third.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It would take a huge trade down to get two second day picks. I wouldn't want them to go down quite that far.

I did see a mock draft with a trade with the Falcons down to #26, which should return their 4th and another pick, maybe a 5th or 6th in 2019. That would mean if the Rams had 4 guys approximately equal value to them on their board, they could still get one of them and get a bit more.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Unless by some miracle DT Vita Vea is still there at #23, I'm good with trading that pick for some 2nd's and third's.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm comfortable as hell, I know Snead will net some more draft picks some where. And I know we'll get a couple of starters whether in the draft or from UDFAs that's how much confidence I have in Snead's crew. Just gonna sit back and enjoy the show.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm comfortable, but despite how the tenure worked out, I was comfortable with Fisher's draft too. Sure he whiffed on Grob and Tavon, but I give lots of cred for Donald, Brockers, Gurley, Goff etc...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Agreed on a smaller trade down say an early 2nd and net us a 4th.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If we find a partner to trade down, the best we can get is an extra pick at the end of the third round. The #23 pick is not worth a second and a third.

Not sure why you would say that unless you were thinking of two 2'nds & a 3'rd, ... a quick look at he trade value chart will confirm a trade for one 2'nd & one 3'rd. It may be more of a problem to find a team which either wants to trade up or for the points to properly align. If Cleveland were interested, the Rams could trade #23, #87 & #123 for the Browns #33, #65, #101 & # 175. Pretty good for just trading back 10 spots in the 1'st round, at least imo.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I guess I'm in the minority here, because I'd rather the Rams stay at twenty three and get an impact player rather then hoping they can hit on a more medicor player with another third or fourth. Obviously it depends on who's available when they pick.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Not sure why you would say that unless you were thinking of two 2'nds & a 3'rd, ... a quick look at he trade value chart will confirm a trade for one 2'nd & one 3'rd. It may be more of a problem to find a team which either wants to trade up or for the points to properly align. If Cleveland were interested, the Rams could trade #23, #87 & #123 for the Browns #33, #65, #101 & # 175. Pretty good for just trading back 10 spots in the 1'st round, at least imo.
When you say "trade down" in the first round that means we exchange our pick at #23 for a lower pick also in the first round. "Trading out" of the first round means we give up #23 for picks in later rounds. Yeah, that we could do but I hope we don't.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Late firsts are the best pick to have. Cheaper but still gives the 5th year option.

So it's a better place to be.

But last year's draft was a slam dunk and it came without a 1st round pick - so no qualms about trading out of the 1st round to pick up more picks.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Several reasons:

What a great feeling...

While I believe the Rams will make good decisions during free agency and the draft, I still can't help feeling that we didn't get enough back in trading Quinn. With as few high draft picks as we have, and then opening another hole at ROLB, i'll probably remain somewhat squeamish on it until 'The Plan' unfolds.
jmo.

Ants

Starter
I think there will be some good talent at CB, LB, DT and possibly LT available at 23. I think we should stay put.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess I'm in the minority here, because I'd rather the Rams stay at twenty three and get an impact player rather then hoping they can hit on a more medicor player with another third or fourth. Obviously it depends on who's available when they pick.
Me too..Stand an pick a good one Les!

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Late firsts are the best pick to have. Cheaper but still gives the 5th year option.
I could be wrong but I thought the 5th year option only applied to the 1st 15 picks, not the entire 1st round.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could be wrong but I thought the 5th year option only applied to the 1st 15 picks, not the entire 1st round.

Nope it's the whole first round.

The Vikings traded back into the late first round to get Teddy B and I remember the story last year that they declined his option.