Anybody catch that Cowboy/Eagle game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think it's a mistake to nitpick Wentz' short throws, gnome.

Here's his YTD numbers. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2573079/carson-wentz

And he had at least 3 drops of catchable balls. Still had a 74% completion rate.

He's following his coaches game plan and orders. He's known to be capable of deep throws. They've just been coddling him up to this point.

I mean, he had a 10 point lead well into the 4th qtr. In Dallas. He was betrayed by another RB fumble and his team's D late in that game.

This kid is a winner. Born to play QB in the NFL.

'Course, I could say the same about Prescott, too. Sigh...

I know that is the game plan. Just pointing it out is all. Many people oooh and aah over Wentz but I recall another QB who was rookie of the year with a similar game plan full of drinks and dunks. I keep saying that Reid has a very QB friendly system and that is what Pederson runs. Maybe that can explain some of the early success for the rookie

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take him in a heartbeat for Goff, straight up. Including throwing in the 6 premium picks.

giphy.gif

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Essentially, I am saying that I would swap Prescott for Goff straight up, jrry32.

The picks are already long gone, so cannot be a part of this hypothetical swap.

I know that you still love Goff. And I hope that he works out for us.

But as of today? It's the 6-1 Prescott over the bench riding Goff in a heartbeat.

Not even close, TBH.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Essentially, I am saying that I would swap Prescott for Goff straight up, jrry32.

The picks are already long gone, so cannot be a part of this hypothetical swap.

I know that you still love Goff. And I hope that he works out for us.

But as of today? It's the 6-1 Prescott over the bench riding Goff in a heartbeat.

Not even close, TBH.

And I'm laughing at the idea of swapping Goff for Prescott. I turned the Cowboys-Eagles game near the end. What I saw was Prescott tossing ducks up into the middle of the field when the Eagles blitzed him and put him under pressure.

Prescott is playing behind the best OL in football. He's a talented kid. But you can't ignore the gift of a situation he was dropped into. I haven't been impressed by him when teams were able to pressure him. He just happens to be lucky enough to be behind an OL that typically gives him clean pockets.

I'm not swapping Goff for Prescott.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
And I'm laughing at the idea of swapping Goff for Prescott. I turned the Cowboys-Eagles game near the end. What I saw was Prescott tossing ducks up into the middle of the field when the Eagles blitzed him and put him under pressure.

Prescott is playing behind the best OL in football. He's a talented kid. But you can't ignore the gift of a situation he was dropped into. I haven't been impressed by him when teams were able to pressure him. He just happens to be lucky enough to be behind an OL that typically gives him clean pockets.

I'm not swapping Goff for Prescott.

I hear ya, jrry32.

But Prescott is a bird in the hand, you know?

And he's only gonna get better.

Meanwhile, for whatever reason(s), Goff is still riding the pine. And we both know it's not because he can't spin the football.

Sooooo...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hear ya, jrry32.

But Prescott is a bird in the hand, you know?

And he's only gonna get better.

You're putting way too much emphasis on a half season results 43. I'll direct you to Andrew Luck. Continued improvement is not a given, even if I do agree with you that Dak is off to a great start.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're putting way too much emphasis on a half season results 43. I'll direct you to Andrew Luck. Continued improvement is not a given, even if I do agree with you that Dak is off to a great start.
So you assume it's a fault with him and not with Fisher and staff and would rather for the quick fix instead of the more talented option who's developing on our bench.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So you assume it's a fault with him and not with Fisher and staff and would rather for the quick fix instead of the more talented option who's developing on our bench.

What are you talking about? Think you need to go back and re-read some posts brother.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What bona fide evidence do we Ram fans have that Jared Goff is developing on the bench? I would sure like to see them other than the vapor of words. Guess we will take our HC Captain Ahab words here. I have no real issues with Goff riding the bench right now with ever increasing bad issues with pass blocking OLT post & OL coach Boudreau run blocking schemes.

So sad to say IMO the real problems with this team does not fall fully on the QB issues. Fisher is loaded with declining play from his starters & injury issues to his starters & a reserve bench full of WWC talents's in many areas of Ahab's roster.

Last edited:

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Prescott is ...only gonna get better.
This is where you lost me. No way to know if Dak will get better, or if he's gonna get gameplanned away like so many other QBs that faded after amazing starts. Plus the point about he's behind a great o-line is well taken -- and he's got his uninjured fresh legs still -- this may be the best we see of Dak's career ... and he may not ever be the same coming out of the other end of his Romo QB controversy, who knows? Goff was picked to have a decade of franchise play, do you trade that potential for Dak's present and possible future?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
But as of today? It's the 6-1 Prescott over the bench riding Goff in a heartbeat

when did the nfl expand? the prescotts are 6-1? if you watched that game last night he was throwing the ball up for grabs teams are going to start blitzing his arse after seeing that. there is no way to tell if he will only get better that's a myth he may get worse as teams figure him out. also he is no where near as talented as Wilson. put Goff on that team and he does the same or better imo.

Wentz must have had 10 throws at his receivers feet, just horrible throws. his offense reminds me of Bradfords when he was a rookie just get rid of it fast to your first read. I for one wasn't impressed with either one last night.

Rams43

Hall of Fame

I hope that Goff turns into our franchise QB, Merlin. I really do.

Question: Do you think that can happen this year, or do you think it will have to wait for our incoming new HC and his staff?

I think you know where I stand. Lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Question: Do you think that can happen this year, or do you think it will have to wait for our incoming new HC and his staff?
There's a third option, however unlikely or unwanted.
Goff is everything as advertised, and the Rams (under Fisher) suddenly have an offensive scheme that works.
That gives the defense the ability to play to its strengths, and THAT suddenly becomes better.
And for good measure, Hekker becomes the league's worst punter due to never having to punt.
It's the domino effect.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
when did the nfl expand? the prescotts are 6-1? if you watched that game last night he was throwing the ball up for grabs teams are going to start blitzing his arse after seeing that. there is no way to tell if he will only get better that's a myth he may get worse as teams figure him out. also he is no where near as talented as Wilson. put Goff on that team and he does the same or better imo.

Wentz must have had 10 throws at his receivers feet, just horrible throws. his offense reminds me of Bradfords when he was a rookie just get rid of it fast to your first read. I for one wasn't impressed with either one last night.

We must have been watching different games, JIME.

I saw 2 QB's that looked like 3 year vets for the most part. Anything but rookies in their 7-8th games.

BTW, care to place a friendly wager as to whether Prescott's play will improve in the future? Think carefully before you respond. Lol.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
We must have been watching different games, JIME.

I saw 2 QB's that looked like 3 year vets for the most part. Anything but rookies in their 7-8th games.

BTW, care to place a friendly wager as to whether Prescott's play will improve in the future? Think carefully before you respond. Lol.

so you didn't see him panic when pressure came and throw the ball up? you didn't see the shoelace throws by Wentz? guess we weren't watching the same game. Jerry was watching the game I watched and a few others. I don't do bets but im saying you don't have any idea if he will get better. you were probably a big RG3 and kraperdick fan too they got better every year.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
so you didn't see him panic when pressure came and throw the ball up? you didn't see the shoelace throws by Wentz? guess we weren't watching the same game. Jerry was watching the game I watched and a few others. I don't do bets but im saying you don't have any idea if he will get better. you were probably a big RG3 and kraperdick fan too they got better every year.

I thought both Prescott and Wentz were bending over backwards to place the ball where only their guy could catch it. So yeah, some of their throws were low and away. But Wentz finished with a fabulous completion percentage, over 74%, I believe. Not gonna nitpick that.

Prescott? Found a way to overcome a 10 point deficit and win in overtime. Not gonna nitpick that, either.

And they're both only halfway through their rookie years!

As to Kaep and RG3, you would be dead wrong. Never wanted either and was 100% in favor of The Trade.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I thought both Prescott and Wentz were bending over backwards to place the ball where only their guy could catch it. So yeah, some of their throws were low and away. But Wentz finished with a fabulous completion percentage, over 74%, I believe. Not gonna nitpick that.

Prescott? Found a way to overcome a 10 point deficit and win in overtime. Not gonna nitpick that, either.

And they're both only halfway through their rookie years!

As to Kaep and RG3, you would be dead wrong. Never wanted either and was 100% in favor of The Trade.

ok you were impressed I wasn't.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Misquote wasn't meant to quote you on that sorry. Misclicked.