Anybody catch that Cowboy/Eagle game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Man, what a treat!

Two rookie QB's that sure don't play like rookies.

Back and forth all game long and into overtime.

Some seriously exciting play from both kids. A bright future for both, I'm sure.

Would love to have either wearing horns. Sigh...

And just a quick word about Tyron Smith...

You know, the All World LOT for the Cowboys?

The announcers showed 4 clips of Smith blocking an opponent in this game by way of illustrating how and why he's considered such a dominant player.

In three of these replays, we saw Smith throwing his opponent to the ground at the end of his block by using his superior hand and arm strength. Like a rag doll. Some posters have said that that's impossible without holding, matter of fact. Nary a flag, y'all. Instead, raves about what a stud he is. Yet GRob often draws a flag with the exact same technique. I mean, EXACT SAME technique.

On the 4th replay, Smith was clearly guilty of a hands to the face penalty. Even Collinsworth commented on it. But again, no flag.

What's my point?

Well, I think there are clearly two standards for refs throwing flags on identical blocking techniques in this league. One standard for the "cool kids" like Smith, and another standard for the "problem child reputation" kids like GRob. And it's a vicious circle or self fulfilling prophecy thing at this point for GRob. Hard to see how he can win, frankly.

I know some will mock me on this, but I've seen it with my own eyes too many times when being as objective as humanly possible. I invite those denying this to watch the LOT play in future Ram games, including the play of the opposing LOT.

Need more evidence of a double standard? Just remember back to the way opposing LOT's got away with murder when defending against a healthy Quinn.

Anyway, rant over. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

BTW, I'm certainly not saying that Smith is anything less than a terrific LOT. Just commenting on the unfairness of the double standard.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Man, what a treat!

Two rookie QB's that sure don't play like rookies.

Back and forth all game long and into overtime.

Some seriously exciting play from both kids. A bright future for both, I'm sure.

Would love to have either wearing horns. Sigh...

And just a quick word about Tyron Smith...

You know, the All World LOT for the Cowboys?

The announcers showed 4 clips of Smith blocking an opponent in this game by way of illustrating how and why he's considered such a dominant player.

In three of these replays, we saw Smith throwing his opponent to the ground at the end of his block by using his superior hand and arm strength. Like a rag doll. Some posters have said that that's impossible without holding, matter of fact. Nary a flag, y'all. Instead, raves about what a stud he is. Yet GRob often draws a flag with the exact same technique. I mean, EXACT SAME technique.

On the 4th replay, Smith was clearly guilty of a hands to the face penalty. Even Collinsworth commented on it. But again, no flag.

What's my point?

Well, I think there are clearly two standards for refs throwing flags on identical blocking techniques in this league. One standard for the "cool kids" like Smith, and another standard for the "problem child reputation" kids like GRob. And it's a vicious circle or self fulfilling prophecy thing at this point for GRob. Hard to see how he can win, frankly.

I know some will mock me on this, but I've seen it with my own eyes too many times when being as objective as humanly possible. I invite those denying this to watch the LOT play in future Ram games, including the play of the opposing LOT.

Need more evidence of a double standard? Just remember back to the way opposing LOT's got away with murder when defending against a healthy Quinn.

Anyway, rant over. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

BTW, I'm certainly not saying that Smith is anything less than a terrific LOT. Just commenting on the unfairness of the double standard.
This was the first time I have watched either QB at any length this season. To me, Wentz, by far, looked the better of the two QB's!
I still can't believe that the Cow-Pies, came back, from 10 points down, to Tie the game, and then Win in OT!! I was not impressed with there play!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Had the exact same thought(s) watching Smith.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Its because Grob has already been labeled as a penalty machine so they are watching him like crazy, anything looking remotely close gets called.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
wasn't really impressed with either. Wentz throwing at peoples shoelases all game and Prescott throwing balls up for grabs when he got pressure. eagles receivers bailed him out on a lot of bad throws. and yes Dallas gets away with holding all night long.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
This was the first time I have watched either QB at any length this season. To me, Wentz, by far, looked the better of the two QB's!
I still can't believe that the Cow-Pies, came back, from 10 points down, to Tie the game, and then Win in OT!! I was not impressed with there play!
:blah::blah::blah:

6-1. Suck it, Dave.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

6-1. Suck it, Dave.
You guys are looking pretty good, Arts-n-Craftsy Rynie.
Must feel good to get Dez back.

Who are your 5 all-time favorite Cowboys, btw?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
You guys are looking pretty good, Arts-n-Craftsy Rynie.
Must feel good to get Dez back.

Who are your 5 all-time favorite Cowboys, btw?
Yeah, it's nice having Dez back. Between he, Beasley, Witten, and Elliott, good luck trying to stop that. Favorite Cowboys are:
1(a). Michael Irvin
1(b). Witten
2. Staubach
3. Randy White
4. Novacek
5. Emmitt

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, it's nice having Dez back. Between he, Beasley, Witten, and Elliott, good luck trying to stop that. Favorite Cowboys are:
1(a). Michael Irvin
1(b). Witten
2. Staubach
3. Randy White
4. Novacek
5. Emmitt
Cool. Wanted to see how far back you went with the team.
No Danny White though? The QB/P extraordinaire?

I had a chance to talk with Jimmy Johnson a few times when I was working in Miami as a Consultant. I was contracted by him and coordinated some work on his restaurant and modernizing the elevator equipment. Didn't work much with him directly, because he had a pretty sharp property management group, but he was around once in a while and was pretty cool about talking about the good ole' days and stuff when he had the time.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Hate to say it but cowboys look pretty good. Defense is a lot more talented than I thought, Offense is one of the NFL best because of that huge line. That said I'm not as impressed by Prescott as everyone else, he has a lot of talent around him that makes him look really good, last night he was exposed by the blitz from Philly. I cant remember the last time a team had such a dominant o line that took over games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
1(a). Michael Irvin
1(b). Witten
2. Staubach
3. Randy White
4. Novacek
5. Emmitt

IRVIN??? Man you lost some cool points there. Get out..!!! :rolllaugh:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hate to say it but cowboys look pretty good. Defense is a lot more talented than I thought, Offense is one of the NFL best because of that huge line. That said I'm not as impressed by Prescott as everyone else, he has a lot of talent around him that makes him look really good, last night he was exposed by the blitz from Philly. I cant remember the last time a team had such a dominant o line that took over games.

He's a rookie, Adi.

With 7 whole games under his belt. And he's 6-1.

I'd take him in a heartbeat for Goff, straight up. Including throwing in the 6 premium picks.

And Cowboys got him for a 4th? That's Russell Wilson style highway robbery.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd take him in a heartbeat for Goff, straight up. Including throwing in the 6 premium picks.
So you're the guy who will take the $500 cash in hand over what's behind Door #1
Lets-Make-a-Deal_Wayne-Brady_deal-logo.jpg

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
He's a rookie, Adi.

With 7 whole games under his belt. And he's 6-1.

And Cowboys got him for a 4th? That's Russell Wilson style highway robbery.

Trade him for Goff without even seeing Goff play let? Cant say I agree with you there, Goff's ceiling is a lot higher . I'm not hating on Prescott but he's not the only reason they have that record. They have the best O line we have seen in a long time and a great running game . He is no where near the talent of Russell Wilson who won a super bowl with a lot less offensive talent. Just saying I am not sold on the guy and it's the cowboys, I wouldn't doubt Jerry puts Romo in still.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I saw LOT Smith got away with grabbing the face mask and pushing the defender down with no penalties called. Any reputation being a Cowboy or Eagle player is OK. But when it comes to Greg Robinson, the referees will throw flags to pad their stats and ratings. GR is getting a raw deal from the referees.

The Eagles and Cowboys are loaded on talent on both sides of the ball. Dak Prescott and Carson Wentz come into great teams that's not so far away from advancing further into the playoffs so all they had to do is not much without having the burden greatly placed on them compare to Jared Goff.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

6-1. Suck it, Dave.
I have confidence in the Cow-Pies, they will put Romo back in, and pull there usual fold, and wind up at 8-8 as usual!! Bite me, Rynie!
Or Better yet, I hope they make the Playoffs, so the Rams can Kick there-Butts right out of them in the 1st round!!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wentz looked good but he barely threw a pass over 5 yards.

I think it's a mistake to nitpick Wentz' short throws, gnome.

Here's his YTD numbers. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2573079/carson-wentz

And he had at least 3 drops of catchable balls. Still had a 74% completion rate.

He's following his coaches game plan and orders. He's known to be capable of deep throws. They've just been coddling him up to this point.

I mean, he had a 10 point lead well into the 4th qtr. In Dallas. He was betrayed by another RB fumble and his team's D late in that game.

This kid is a winner. Born to play QB in the NFL.

'Course, I could say the same about Prescott, too. Sigh...