Anybody catch that Cowboy/Eagle game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just say this here that the Cowboys OL is a fully operational running on all five cylinders. The blocking scheme fits the talent on the field & is so smooth. I am sure I saw the best OLT & ORG in the NFL game! Dak is a very lucky guy.

Goff instead if he was to start would have OLT Robinson vs OLt Smith & ORG Brown vs ORG Zack Martin :palm::notsure:.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's a third option, however unlikely or unwanted.
Goff is everything as advertised, and the Rams (under Fisher) suddenly have an offensive scheme that works.
That gives the defense the ability to play to its strengths, and THAT suddenly becomes better.
And for good measure, Hekker becomes the league's worst punter due to never having to punt.
It's the domino effect.
Bartender, I'll have what he's having! :LOL:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
they often let the perceived "best" tackles hold....until Greg starts blowing some holes...he'll never get the benefit of the doubt...

I feel ya @BonifayRam ....Smith and Martin are far superior to G-Rob & Saffold...Brown is on Havensteins side...

But I wanna give these guys every chance to succeed. So I'd replace coach Boo, before any of our linemen...well, I'd replace Barnes with a highly ranked draft pick...but that's it...

and I'm still mad at seeing Kush last night looking pretty damn good...and we cut him...for what?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
they often let the perceived "best" tackles hold....until Greg starts blowing some holes...he'll never get the benefit of the doubt...

I feel ya @BonifayRam ....Smith and Martin are far superior to G-Rob & Saffold...Brown is on Havensteins side...

But I wanna give these guys every chance to succeed. So I'd replace coach Boo, before any of our linemen...well, I'd replace Barnes with a highly ranked draft pick...but that's it...

and I'm still mad at seeing Kush last night looking pretty damn good...and we cut him...for what?

Ok the Cowboys OLT Smith has earned some serious ref respect the last half decade. Smith looks like a professional class act @ OLT. Robinson's road started off real rocky the last 3 seasons has continued to decline. That's why I say it would not hurt him to get him out of the limelight for 3 to 4 games & let Saffold take the heat at pass blocking if Goff is inserted. With Case it does not matter as much. Cowboys Martin plays OLG where Brown has been starting off & on. Brown simply can not pass block well enough on that right side.

I am in agreement with you fully on your Boudreau end of tour of duty here. Rams have very little draft selections in 2017 & many other areas of the 2017 roster are in worse need than center...i.e. couple of CB's, back up NT, Pass rushing DE, couple of WR's that's 6 picks there & we have only five selections.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hear ya, jrry32.

But Prescott is a bird in the hand, you know?

Disagree. We have no idea what Prescott would be outside of Dallas. I wasn't impressed with him when the Eagles put pressure on him. He just started throwing wounded ducks to the middle of the field.

I consider Goff to be our bird in the hand. He's going to be a stud.

And he's only gonna get better.

Not at all a given.

Meanwhile, for whatever reason(s), Goff is still riding the pine. And we both know it's not because he can't spin the football.

Sooooo...

I'll stick with the guy we took #1. In fact, I think Dallas would do the swap you're proposing. They reportedly were infatuated with Goff.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Who are your 5 all-time favorite Cowboys, btw?

Just had to do this....

B-Dpac.gif

x5 ol Leon Lett

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hope that Goff turns into our franchise QB, Merlin. I really do.

Question: Do you think that can happen this year, or do you think it will have to wait for our incoming new HC and his staff?

I think you know where I stand. Lol.

Yes I know where you stand. And I'm not saying Goff is a sure thing by any stretch. I have faith in him of course, but any player can bust, even one who has a good rookie season. What I'm saying is look at the history of the position in this game at this level...

Notable QBs who didn't start right away: Brady, Rogers, Favre.

Notable QBs who were unimpressive their first season: Montana (13 of 23 for 1 TD), Manning (28 INTs), Elway (who I feel was the most talented ever), Young (3 TD, 8 INT), Bradshaw (6 TD, 24 INT), Aikman (9 TD, 18 INT).

Notable hot starters: Robert Griffin, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Dan Marino, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson. This is an interesting list btw. Griffin was the guy who had the "early bandwagon" types trumpeting about how Washington fleeced the Rams. Ryan was the sweetheart of the NFL his rookie season with surefire great things on the horizon but has been well below elite. Flacco led the Ravens to the AFC Championship game his rookie season and people were sure he'd be an elite QB, but he's not. Marino is an oldtimer but I included him to be fair, definite greatness from day one. Big Ben no doubt, he has grown into a great QB. Wilson is great too, as a scrambling QB though time will tell how long he'll be able to do it, I'm guessing he won't last as long as some pocket guys do.

My take is slow your roll on crowning dudes. That's it.