Any information on Wes Welker this week in practice?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know were you guys come up with some of this stuff, lmao

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Back to the topic.
I would like to know the same thing.
I'm sure he will be used tomorrow. Welker is a savvy vet that knows the game. I would be surprised if he didn't play.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saw in the Bernie thread 5 keys to a Rams victory, the Rams presser with Fisher has a short video with Welker and Foles in practice outside

RamzFanz

Damnit
I heard a few things on the radio.

One was Wes was fitting right in. Another was he and TA will be opposite each other in a few plays. Also, TA said Wes has already taught him how to run better routes. (y)

I've heard nothing negative, but would we?

DenverRam

Starter
i think you guys are expecting way too much from wes. He was brought in a teaching / extra option role.

I expect him to catch a few, but not lead the team in receptions or anything.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Once he was signed he became our best 3rd down option. I would be fairly confident in saying he is dressed, active and see's a half dozen snaps or better on Sunday. JMO FWIW

RamzFanz

Damnit
i think you guys are expecting way too much from wes. He was brought in a teaching / extra option role.

I don't think anyone is really expecting more than a few 3rd down conversions and a distraction to free up TA and Gurley. At least, not that I remember seeing.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Also, TA said Wes has already taught him how to run better routes. (y)

Wes: "What you do is get to full speed, lean like you're gonna go one way, then pivot and go the other to get separation."

Tavon: "Oh! Why hasn't Cigneti ever just told me that?"

jjab360

Legend

I think he might be the type of player to help change our personality like Barron did the last half of last year. With Barron, we became a physical, big-hitting secondary, maybe with Welker our receivers start playing smarter?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If Welker picks up two first downs on 3rd down, that will double our production. So it will be a good addition if he does that. But there could be one problem. Welker thrived on yards after catch with Brady hitting him in stride. Anyone think Foles can hit him in stride?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wes: "What you do is get to full speed, lean like you're gonna go one way, then pivot and go the other to get separation."

Tavon: "Oh! Why hasn't Cigneti ever just told me that?"

I know you're joking but I don't think it's as much about the coach not knowing his job as it is the dynamic that the coach is a coach while Welker is a player. It's just a different sort of relationship that often allows for a player to be more open to learning and emulating the veteran leader. Plus, it'll be easier for a player like Welker to put it in terms Austin understands. And it'll be easier for Austin to understand when he sees Welker doing it first hand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One was Wes was fitting right in. Another was he and TA will be opposite each other in a few plays. Also, TA said Wes has already taught him how to run better routes. (y)
This sounds "FANTASTIC!!":D:yess:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Rams head coach Jeff Fisher hinted that Welker will be ready for Sunday's game against the Bears, ESPN's Nick Wagoner reports.
Fisher said the team is still evaluating Welker's readiness, but it sounds as if the recent acquisition is more likely to play than not. Expectations should still be held in check, as Welker will likely have a part-time role in the NFL's least prolific passing attack. At best, he'll be a regular presence in the slot in three-wide formations.

Fri, Nov 13

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I know you're joking but I don't think it's as much about the coach not knowing his job as it is the dynamic that the coach is a coach while Welker is a player. It's just a different sort of relationship that often allows for a player to be more open to learning and emulating the veteran leader. Plus, it'll be easier for a player like Welker to put it in terms Austin understands. And it'll be easier for Austin to understand when he sees Welker doing it first hand.

Not to mention that Welker was tearing up the playoffs while most of our roster was still in high school looking up to him.

Kind of gives him that inspiration factor.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Welker picks up two first downs on 3rd down, that will double our production. So it will be a good addition if he does that. But there could be one problem. Welker thrived on yards after catch with Brady hitting him in stride. Anyone think Foles can hit him in stride?
We don't know, since I have seen blame put on both Foles and the WR's not running precise routes. We know Welker runs precise routes, so we will learn some things about Nick Foles tomorrow I think..

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Wes just being on the field should help. Welker has a resume`. He will be respected by the defensive players and DC's. He will draw attention and somebody will be open. There really is no downside to this, unless he gets a concussion ... which I am not envisioning.