Any doubt that McVay is damned serious about the OL?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm not trying to ruin the good vibes party here....but...

Tre Jackson's best season was his junior year in college.

He did so well that I found several reports that thought he would have a dominating senior year, which he did not.

He then came out rated as a 3rd prospect but fell to the 5th round.

New England was so desperate for help on the o-line that they did something they never do and started the rookie where he looked OK between two excellent lineman.

Unfortunately it's been all downhill since there.

I think he has about the same chance of making this team as a backup Guard as anybody else excepting he only plays Guard.

Players that play two positions like Donnal, Wichmann and even Darrell Williams could make the cut because of their versatility before Jackson. JMO.
I would think that when the last cuts come just before the regular season starts any non starting interior OL'ers who are limited as to how many OL posts they can play effectively (with great emphasis on center post) will not make the master roster.

A OL'er like Andrew Donnal who has played four four OL positions during regular NFL games has much more value. Both Jamon Brown & Cody Wichmann played both OG posts. With Cody having started more. Rhaney has played LG in a NFL game in 2015 but has been center most of the time. David Arkin has played RT/both OG posts & center. Pace Murphy played both OT posts in his rookie season. Darrell Williams pretty much the same as Murphy. Havenstein will get a chance to play inside along with his RT history. Tre Jackson has played 3 posts in college RT/RG/OC but only RG as a pro. If Robinson does not put the effort in to make the right side conversion thus leaving him as a back up LT & a 3 or 4th LG reserve stands a real good chance to be cut due to being useless.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Anti-Jeff Fisher - 10 offensive linemen who are their QB's best friend-
Fisher-01_e2xet4.gif

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I guess I don't have anything to base this on .. I justill think the man has all the tools to be a solid starter in this league ... he is huge and strong , we will see if new coaching will help .
You can't fix stupid.