Any chance Clowney does not go #1?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Let's get to the bottom line, at least how I see it.

The Rams have (IMO) a top 10, maybe closer to a top 5 D unit already. The teams greatest need as I see it is that they need to score more points per game. Despite Clowney's physical abilities, he doesn't do any of the following:

Run with the ball
Pass the ball
Catch the ball
Kick the ball
Return kick-off's

Would it be great to have another DE? Of course, but at the expense of someone who can actually "advance the ball", protect the QB, or score points? I think not.

Those of you who are obsessed or focused upon a Tenn type defense are missing the point and that point is: This team needs to Score More Points! If you think for a moment that having the best D in the league without the ability to match high octane offensives like the Niners and Seachickens is the answer so be it.

All I know is that I've seen more than enough examples of tight defensive games that came down to the final moments when the team with the best offense was finally able to force a late score either by FG or TD to convince me that BALANCE on both sides of the ball is the ONLY answer.....and so far, this team still isn't balanced offensively and the numbers year after year, speak for themselves.

Therefore, give me either a O line player or play maker with BOTH of their first round choices. There will be plenty of chances in this draft to fill in back-ups and secondary needs after that. We don't need another sack man, we've already got two of the best, but we sure as heck need to put up more points.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Clowney goes #1.

Either Texans take him or use him for trade bait.

His pro day sealed that deal IMHO.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I hear ya, but how many times has that been the right move?

I mean, when a QB was not even close to the top positional player?

And history shows that almost every team drafting #1 needs a QB, yet there have been many years when either a QB didn't go first or it was a huge mistake to take the QB.

Yeah, but the importance of the position still forces teams to keep swinging for the fences.