anti jinx post: So if we get beat badly....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If we lose this sunday and it's an ugly loss, how do we as fans respond?
We're all riding a high right now and I'm loving it.
I haven't felt this way since 2006 at the most recent and I think this is a better team with bigger potential.

But this is the Rams.

I think that even if we get beat and it's bad, my excitement for this season won't take too big of a hit. Sure it will be disappointing but I still fully expect this team to have its struggles.
Our young line is going to have its bad days. Foles is going to make some bad decisions... etc.

Despite all that I think this team will progress as the season goes. As long as we stay near .500 for through the first 8 games, our athleticism and talent should take over by the second half.

And even if the dirty "I" word strikes, I feel like we have the depth in most positions to remain competetive.

I'm stuck in an ER waiting room with my very sick daughter, waiting now for 2 hours.... needed something to talk about lol.
Best wishes for whatever is making your daughter ill @badnews .

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With an ugly loss after having such good vibes this week, will it be worse than usual after a disappointing loss?

I think it could be worse.

Beating Seattlle was no small feat... winning the first game of the season against a division foe is cause for optimism.

So, optimism is high right now.

The higher you climb, the further you have to fall.

Some may say it's a bad outlook, but I've learned to temper my enthusiasm under Fisher. His Rams have just let me down too many times.

So, I'm very excited at the possibility of going 2-0 but am remaining cautious.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me, I'd be incredibly disappointed. I wouldn't lose all hope for the season, but it would be so Rams for us to lose this game...can't do it. I'm getting more nervous about this game than I was for the Seahawk game. I don't care if it's by 1 point...we must win this game.
Due to the new rules, a team can now win a game 1-0!

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best wishes for whatever is making your daughter ill @badnews .
Thanks man

She's ok, she has severe mononucleosis but was misdiagnosed with strep-throat a week ago and the amoxocillin wasn't helping. We have meds that are helping now and she's already feeling much better.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thanks man

She's ok, she has severe mononucleosis but was misdiagnosed with strep-throat a week ago and the amoxocillin wasn't helping. We have meds that are helping now and she's already feeling much better.
That's what is important. Now go get her some ice cream, one of those big gallon jugs. And take some meds for your demented curiosity about a Rams loss this week. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! (Of course, this is the NFL and Any Given Sunday, blah, blah, blah but not this time. 2-0!!!!!)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If we lose this weekend, I'll change my profile pic to something R-wordish for an entire week.

Talk about being willing to put my money where my mouth is - I'm really going crazy here, huh?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I haven't felt this way since 2006 at the most recent and I think this is a better team with bigger potential.

But this is the Rams.

I think that even if we get beat and it's bad, my excitement for this season won't take too big of a hit. Sure it will be disappointing but I still fully expect this team to have its struggles.
Our young line is going to have its bad days. Foles is going to make some bad decisions... etc.

Despite all that I think this team will progress as the season goes. As long as we stay near .500 for through the first 8 games, our athleticism and talent should take over by the second half.

And even if the dirty "I" word strikes, I feel like we have the depth in most positions to remain competetive.

I'm stuck in an ER waiting room with my very sick daughter, waiting now for 2 hours.... needed something to talk about lol.

Hey, more importantly, hope your daughter's okay.

This team ain't last year's Rams. I'm not sweating it. I'm giddy and I know I'll feel let down because we won't go undefeated, but blown out? Every loss only counts as one. Hey, we spanked the Raiders 52-0 and they went out and won at home the next week against a division opponent, iirc (Chiefs?)

And think on this... We still haven't seen Gurley, yet....

RamzFanz

Damnit
It will be a mild blow to my enthusiasm. I will remind myself this line is new, we have key players out, and Foles is new. Ciggi is in his second game ever as an NFL OC.

I really didn't see this team doing a lot before the bye and if they don't, I'm not panicking.

When this team gels and we get Quick, Mason, and Gurley and a healthy secondary, I expect great things.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
My memory fails me but we actually won our first game and then got beat in an ugly game in Atlanta a few years back. A game we should have won. We were'nt as positive after our opening day win as we are after coming from behind 3 times and giving away so many things as we did and bad refs too and still winning against a SB team? Except a bad but young and learning OL as our greatest weakness (they will be challenged by the skins 3-4 and two decent OLB pass rushers that had okay days in a shutout against us last year. That was against another bad OL we had last season. 3 of those guys are gone now. Two are trying to get better. Hoping Havenstein gets some help as his guy is not so well known but is top quality hardcore good.

I think something special happened this offseason. too many players came back ready for FREAKIN WAR and acting like they want to play in the Pro Bowl. We took it Super easy in practice and in PS and we surprised EVERYONE that's not either hooked in or bandwagon. New Coordinator,QB,OL, defense thats wanting to make history. Keep the bad breaks and refs away from us and IF we can STAY healthy we are looking at double digit W's. Who knows we just started?NO INJURIES!!! (Don't tell anyone but our top secret player has'nt seen an NFL field as of yet,playing wise) We all are anxious.

rdw

Pro Bowler
That is a depressing statistic. It's been 14 seasons since this team won it's first two games.... I was 13...
holy crap someone born last time we were in the playoffs is almost in high school.. I was 26 then now I'm 40. Superbowl or bust this year!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I sense that the board is taking a road game vs the Redskins a little too lightly.

If the Rams drop the ball(literally) on Sunday and lose...they'll just have to go 2-1 vs Pittsburgh, Arizona and Green Bay entering the bye week. So yeah, It'd be a good idea to take care of business this Sunday. Anything less than a 2nd place finish in the NFCW is a very disappointing season to me.

If they lose to Washington i'll be pissed but i'll just blame Shotty, Bradford or maybe Kroenke.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
But hey, the Rams are currently in 1st place in the division by way of being 1-0 in divisional games. :D
Not sure when the last time that was the case.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have a fifth of 22 year old scotch that I plan to open during our first playoff game. IF we drop that game to the crappy @$$ Skins it means I'm gonna crack that $h!t early.

The scotch is safe.

For now.

Big Willie

Starter
WHAT? GTFO 19-0 baby! If not - I'm posting multiple threads on who to fire, trade, and cut. Not even the ball boy will be safe from my wrath.
The ball boy gets a pass. Don't scapegoat him like the Patriots do to their non essential works. Besides, we might need him to over inflate Tom Brady's balls the next time we play the Pats.

Big Willie

Starter
The wife has to move out because at the end of the day I am sure the loss is her fault.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

But this is the Rams.

I don't believe in Jinxes or anything of the sort.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Better win this game, we can pull off impressive wins against marquee teams. Now let's get a nice winning streak beyond 3

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn.... didn't work...

I tried!!!