anti jinx post: So if we get beat badly....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If we lose this sunday and it's an ugly loss, how do we as fans respond?
We're all riding a high right now and I'm loving it.
I haven't felt this way since 2006 at the most recent and I think this is a better team with bigger potential.

But this is the Rams.

I think that even if we get beat and it's bad, my excitement for this season won't take too big of a hit. Sure it will be disappointing but I still fully expect this team to have its struggles.
Our young line is going to have its bad days. Foles is going to make some bad decisions... etc.

Despite all that I think this team will progress as the season goes. As long as we stay near .500 for through the first 8 games, our athleticism and talent should take over by the second half.

And even if the dirty "I" word strikes, I feel like we have the depth in most positions to remain competetive.

I'm stuck in an ER waiting room with my very sick daughter, waiting now for 2 hours.... needed something to talk about lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, make no mistake about it. We're going to lose games this year. How we respond is likely going to be the way we always respond. Immediate anger, pass around some blame, find a goat, want him cut or fired, and then get the fuck over it in the interest of focusing on week 3.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think there is ZERO chance we lose badly this week. Like absolutely zero. So I'm not too concerned.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, make no mistake about it. We're going to lose games this year. How we respond is likely going to be the way we always respond. Immediate anger, pass around some blame, find a goat, want him cut or fired, and then get the freak over it in the interest of focusing on week 3.
Of course.
I guess my question is more aptly put like this:
With an ugly loss after having such good vibes this week, will it be worse than usual after a disappointing loss?

Will the majority of fans lose faith for the season from one slip and it kill the enthusiasm?
Obviously we here at ROD are a different breed from the casual fan. We're crazy optimists and gluttons for punishment. But with the eLAphant in the room looming and the attendance struggling, would a bad loss kill the enthusiasm of the fanbase as a whole?
I am LOVING how excited our fans are right now. I think it makes me just as happy as the game did, if not more. I will be much more bummed about a disenchanted fanbase and a lack of energy in the dome than I would be over a few ugly "L's" in the W/L column.

Just bored curiosity talking

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I am cautious about this game. We have no right to overlook anyone. I do think the Rams win though. Anyway, if we do lose, we follow the protocol X laid out. Bitch about stuff until we refocus on the next game.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think there is ZERO chance we lose badly this week. Like absolutely zero. So I'm not too concerned.

I'm not too far off from that same way of thinking with this game.

I kinda felt like someone had to ask what if just so we wouldn't get punished by the Gods of football for feeling too good... I'm kinda superstitious that way.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I have a fifth of 22 year old scotch that I plan to open during our first playoff game. IF we drop that game to the crappy @$$ Skins it means I'm gonna crack that $h!t early.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, make no mistake about it. We're going to lose games this year. How we respond is likely going to be the way we always respond. Immediate anger, pass around some blame, find a goat, want him cut or fired, and then get the freak over it in the interest of focusing on week 3.

That is the type of level headed post I expect from you X. But that loss better not be this week.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Of course.
I guess my question is more aptly put like this:
With an ugly loss after having such good vibes this week, will it be worse than usual after a disappointing loss?
I can only speak for myself. *IF* we were to lose this week, it's going to depend on why. If it's because our defense took a night off, or a shitload of penalties were the root cause, then I'd be a bit fed up with that. If it's because the offense was shut down, I can give that a little bit of latitude. I mean, it is a new system with a new coordinator, new line, new QB, and some kind of issue at the RB position (which isn't totally resolved yet).

But I don't throw in the towel.
I use towels to waterboard the people who threw it. :shades:

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
The last time the RAMS went 2-0 .... WE WENT TO THE SUPERBOWL 2001 GO RAMS!!!

NO INJURIES!!! ----------------------------------------------- MOB SQUAD

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For me, I'd be incredibly disappointed. I wouldn't lose all hope for the season, but it would be so Rams for us to lose this game...can't do it. I'm getting more nervous about this game than I was for the Seahawk game. I don't care if it's by 1 point...we must win this game.

bskrilla

Starter
The last time the RAMS went 2-0 .... WE WENT TO THE SUPERBOWL 2001 GO RAMS!!!

NO INJURIES!!! ----------------------------------------------- MOB SQUAD

That is a depressing statistic. It's been 14 seasons since this team won it's first two games.... I was 13...

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
That is a depressing statistic. It's been 14 seasons since this team won it's first two games.... I was 13...

Sorry I grew up with nothing BUT winning seasons and playoffs. We were in Coastal division. That Lombardi clip where he screams " What the hell is going on around here" was said getting his ass wiped by the RAMS. I hate many playoff losses to Vikqueens and plowboys except Dickersons 200+ yards rushing in a plowboy playoff game . Was that 85? The vikqueens still like the bills have 4 SB's and still have NEVER won a World Championship. No One can EVER take that from ME. Broken hearted after SB XIV when we were leading going into the 4th quarter. In my Golden yellow giant Beanbag . Those were awesome. I mean giant. We had sf loses and skins Playoff loses too. So having great seasons and losing in playoffs add to the scars too.

FrankenRam

Starter
I am cautious about this game. We have no right to overlook anyone. I do think the Rams win though. Anyway, if we do lose, we follow the protocol X laid out. Bitch about stuff until we refocus on the next game.

Thank you.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd go back to thinking "same ol Rams". Remember, beating Seattle is nothing new for us lately. 3-1 in the fisher era at home vs them. It was an awesome win, but it hasn't told us much yet.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I know we will lose games this year but I will be extremely disappointed if we lose this game. I will be upset anytime we lose a game we should win and have a superior team. This is one of those weeks. If they do lose that will make me wonder about their ability to play consistent and be at or a few games above .500 for the year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
WHAT? GTFO 19-0 baby! If not - I'm posting multiple threads on who to fire, trade, and cut. Not even the ball boy will be safe from my wrath.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
We are not losing to the Redskins it's that simple.The coaches and players all know what's on the line so, I expect for them to come out and stomp wash.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am going to be really honest. I haven't been optimistic about the team I love for quite some time, and I am really looking forward to the day when I can. We can get beat any Sunday, and nothing this current organization has done to this date can prove otherwise. I feel we are headed in the right direction, and the whole organization commands not only my respect, but the respect of fans and other organizations. I want teams to be scared of us, and when that happens, and it may be coming closer than I think, I will be optimistic.

That being said, if we were to get out asses handed to us by the Skins, it would just be another loss that I would carry with me until Wednesday, or Thursday until I can start getting psyched up for the next game. We can beat everybody and loose to anybody on any day. I would think most Rams fans would know that by now.