Another New Football League Says It Will Start Play in 2019

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They aren’t going head to head with the nfl. They will start their season after the Super Bowl
Already have a network contract with CBS

The key is the players Deiter, not the schedule of when the games are. They're not going to be able to lock up starting level dudes in the NFL after a long NFL season, because teams would not allow it plus the players need their offseason. And they claim to not be a dev league right? Which is a missile across the bow to the NFL that they want to be competition.

So idk man but if I'm an investor I'm wondering what their end game is. Maybe they need to embrace the dev league concept, that's all I'm saying.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Both these new "leagues" are wanting a team here in Orlando... but this new one is gonna get DNA rifle blocked by Vince and his XFL. This new league is trying to get the jump on Vince by starting a year earlier... but Vince holds his Wrestle Mania "Super Bowl" here every year now. Orlando is not going to risk losing that gig... it is a HUGE $ maker. So this new group isn't gonna be welcome here in O-Town.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The key is the players Deiter, not the schedule of when the games are. They're not going to be able to lock up starting level dudes in the NFL after a long NFL season, because teams would not allow it plus the players need their offseason. And they claim to not be a dev league right? Which is a missile across the bow to the NFL that they want to be competition.

So idk man but if I'm an investor I'm wondering what their end game is. Maybe they need to embrace the dev league concept, that's all I'm saying.
Where do they say they aren’t a developmental league? Of course they are, for players, coaches and even officials.
At a max salary of 50k they won’t be competing for talent with any league.
With “player safety” being a driver for the league, I imagine they will allow any free agent to play provided they meet some sort of guideline as to how much playing time they had. Big benefit to practice squad players.
Also one other thing I heard, was that the teams will be assembling their teams from local talent which also emphasizes developmental.
The opportunity is there imo, as long as the league doesn’t try to compete. Like the usfl

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet Suh ends up over there when he's 40 years old and hard up for $50,000 per year. Did he sign with us yet?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both these new "leagues" are wanting a team here in Orlando... but this new one is gonna get DNA rifle blocked by Vince and his XFL. This new league is trying to get the jump on Vince by starting a year earlier... but Vince holds his Wrestle Mania "Super Bowl" here every year now. Orlando is not going to risk losing that gig... it is a HUGE $ maker. So this new group isn't gonna be welcome here in O-Town.
Wrestlemania changes location every year. Orlando last year, New Orleans this year, Met Life (NJ) next year. If McMahon can DNA rifle block every location where WM is held there won’t be many places for teams to play

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wrestlemania changes location every year. Orlando last year, New Orleans this year, Met Life (NJ) next year. If McMahon can DNA rifle block every location where WM is held there won’t be many places for teams to play

The local sports radio guys here were saying otherwise the other day. Apparently they believe WM is gonna be held here again. I don't follow wrestling at all so you are probably right. :thinking: