Angry Ram's angry mock offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
Didn't realize Gibby was a FA, and I haven't been a big a fan of him in the past, but I think he improved enough to resign. Plus he has some chemistry w/ Sam.

Sure the best case is everyone develops, but its unlikely. Especially a 2nd round WR.

You have to win games now and build at the same time. I just think adding another WR by the draft (since there isn't a Julio Jones/A.J. Green/Blackmon/Bryant) guy, I really don't want to see another rookie in the mix.

So we're betting that the 2nd round WR we draft won't develop but Quick, a 2nd round WR, will? Seems like a pretty contradictory stance.

I don't think you need a one of those guys to get a productive young WR. Torrey Smith, T.Y. Hilton, Chris Givens, etc. were all productive as rookies. Smith has continued to develop. We'll see about Hilton and Givens.

But drafting a WR like Markus Wheaton or Da'Rick Rogers or DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd round will help us win now and in the future...imo more than Joseph Randle.

I think Sam absolutely needs it. Whether or not he's a rookie, we need a guy who can win 1 on 1 match-ups. Givens finally provided us that type of threat on the outside last year...we need another.

No need for 2 developing rooks. One is enough. Again, better to get veteran in that case to replace Gibby/Pettis. And there's no available veteran that will be a huge upgrade.

Actually, there's a lot of need because the guys we have now aren't cutting it. And saddling our young QB with Brandon Gibson as his number 1 WR for another year would be horrific judgement. I can only speak for myself but I am quite good at identifying WRs who will pan out and these WRs normally contribute early on.

There's plenty of available talent that's better. But it's expensive. Which is why the draft is the best opportunity.

I will never agree with you on not addressing the WR position this offseason. So I doubt this discussion goes anywhere.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
Didn't realize Gibby was a FA, and I haven't been a big a fan of him in the past, but I think he improved enough to resign. Plus he has some chemistry w/ Sam.

Sure the best case is everyone develops, but its unlikely. Especially a 2nd round WR.

You have to win games now and build at the same time. I just think adding another WR by the draft (since there isn't a Julio Jones/A.J. Green/Blackmon/Bryant) guy, I really don't want to see another rookie in the mix.

So we're betting that the 2nd round WR we draft won't develop but Quick, a 2nd round WR, will? Seems like a pretty contradictory stance.

I don't think you need a one of those guys to get a productive young WR. Torrey Smith, T.Y. Hilton, Chris Givens, etc. were all productive as rookies. Smith has continued to develop. We'll see about Hilton and Givens.

But drafting a WR like Markus Wheaton or Da'Rick Rogers or DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd round will help us win now and in the future...imo more than Joseph Randle.

I think Sam absolutely needs it. Whether or not he's a rookie, we need a guy who can win 1 on 1 match-ups. Givens finally provided us that type of threat on the outside last year...we need another.

No need for 2 developing rooks. One is enough. Again, better to get veteran in that case to replace Gibby/Pettis. And there's no available veteran that will be a huge upgrade.

Actually, there's a lot of need because the guys we have now aren't cutting it. And saddling our young QB with Brandon Gibson as his number 1 WR for another year would be horrific judgement. I can only speak for myself but I am quite good at identifying WRs who will pan out and these WRs normally contribute early on.

There's plenty of available talent that's better. But it's expensive. Which is why the draft is the best opportunity.

I will never agree with you on not addressing the WR position this offseason. So I doubt this discussion goes anywhere.

I don't feel like there's Julio Jones or even Hakeem Nicks type guy, so I rather just get the other higher rated players.

So whenever that Nicks-like guy does come along, hopefully Quick would be better, along w/ Givens/Danny/Gibby, that would be better. So yeah, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:

I don't feel like there's Julio Jones or even Hakeem Nicks type guy, so I rather just get the other higher rated players.

So whenever that Nicks-like guy does come along, hopefully Quick would be better, along w/ Givens/Danny/Gibby, that would be better. So yeah, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

I don't really understand the point you're making. Why are we choosing Julio Jones and Hakeem Nicks? What happens if there's a Reggie Wayne or a Greg Jennings? Is that good enough? I'm not saying we have to take a WR in the 1st. I am saying that I'd like to see us take a WR in the first 3 rounds.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
-I don't think adding another rookie that needs to develop is gonna help this team now.

-Because there are already 2 guys developing (Brian Quick/Chris Givens) and another rookie would just create more time for them to get up to speed, unless they are instant impact guys.

- I don't think a WR like Jones/Nicks (those instant impact guys) are availble this draft. And yeah, there's always a chance there will be a "steal" but we don't know that right now.

-Yeah, building for the future should occur, but at the same time wnning games now is also important.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
-I don't think adding another rookie that needs to develop is gonna help this team now.

-Because there are already 2 guys developing (Brian Quick/Chris Givens) and another rookie would just create more time for them to get up to speed, unless they are instant impact guys.

- I don't think a WR like Jones/Nicks (those instant impact guys) are availble this draft. And yeah, there's always a chance there will be a "steal" but we don't know that right now.

-Yeah, building for the future should occur, but at the same time wnning games now is also important.

Not more important than building for the future(not even close). And that's why the Rams drafted terribly for such a long time. They were too concerned with building for now.

I do think adding the right rookie WR will significantly help this team now.

T.Y. Hilton, Chris Givens, Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon, Doug Baldwin, Denarius Moore and Mike Williams were all WRs who had instant impacts as rookies and were drafted outside the 1st round in the last 3 drafts.

We have no idea what Quick will or won't be. It would be a major mistake to go into another season with Brandon Gibson as the #1 WR. Our #1 priority should be helping out our young QB. Not refusing to upgrade one of the worst WR corps in the league.

We do a good job of looking into our WR and we could easily pick a guy who could step into the #2 role and put up 700 to 900 yards as a rookie. And maybe take over the #1 role next year. Just gotta make a smart choice.