Angry Ram's angry mock offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yup, hypocrite...mocks are silly but fun to do/read. Mine is a mix of what I want and what I think will really happen.

Here we go...

Restructure current guys: Quintin Mikell, Harvey Dahl, Sam Bradford

Cut/don't resign: Steve Smith, Darian Stewart, Craig Dahl, Bradley Fletcher, Barry Richardson, Wayne Hunter, and...Steven Jackson. :sick: :=:)

Resign: William Hayes, Danny Amendola

Free Agency...

Jairus Byrd, FS, Bills. I want one top FA signing, w/ the Bills changing schemes/coaches, there's a chance Jairus Byrd will leave and sign somewhere else.

byrd.jpg

Alternate option: Dashon Goldson, 49ers (it weakens a division rival).

Delanie Walker, TE, 49ers. This dude is underrated...plus like Goldson it weakens a division rvial a bit. He could leave considering SB teams usually have FA leaving.

Delanie+Walker+Etm0AopVYxhm.jpg

Alternate option: Jared Cook, Jr. Most ppl assume he's coming here b/c of the Fisher connection...I don't. Cook is basically Kendricks...and there's already a Kendricks here.

Daryl Smith, OLB, Jaguars. Like Walker, he's underrated. Older vet, but better stop gap.

gyi0061610304.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Alternate option: Drafting a guy early (which would fuck up my mock draft).

2013 Draft....

1. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama. Settle the LG spot once and for all.

130107110627-chance-warmack-single-image-cut.jpg

1b. D.J. Fluker, RT, Alabama. Oh hell yeah, just drafting the damn Bama line, OL = complete. :box: :box:

091212_fluker_dj_001.jpg

2. Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State. This is just who I want, I think he can really be good.

hi-res-136524601_crop_650x440.jpg

3. Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia. Have him develop behind Quinitin/Jairus...this way both depth and future starter solved in one.

114199-650-366.jpg

4. Honeybadger, CB, LSU. I don't give a shit. W/ Fletcher likely leaving, there's a need for depth + a bigger need for KR/PR. Honeybadger fills both.

wpid-tyrann-mathieu-p1.jpeg

5-7. Depth at C, OLB, TE.

2013 Rams Starters:

Offense:

Rodger Saffold, Chance Warmack, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, D.J. Fluker, Delanie Walker

Sam Bradford, Lance Kendricks, Joseph Randle

Danny Amendola, Chris Givens, Brandon Gibson

Defense:

Chris Long, Kendall Langford, Michael Brockers, Robert Quinn

Jo-Lon Dunbar, James Laurinaitis, Daryl Smith

Janoris Jenkins, Quintin Mikell, Jairus Byrd, Cortland Finnegan (w/ Rambo playing more as the season goes on.)

Boom.

nighttrain

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
No Steven Jackson makes me a sad panda...

Is Bradford able to be restructured?
Dont know, but i like it as much as most, more than many
train

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:

IDK, I think anybody can.
nighttrain said:
bluecoconuts said:

Dont know, but i like it as much as most, more than many
train

Thanks man. I know they are kinda pointless but it's still fun...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Delanie Walker is a good football player. Sneaky good, really. Teams typically lose track of him, and then he shows up with a big gainer. I don't know that he'd be sneaky on this team, but I still think he'd be a good get. Signing Byrd would require a ton of salary restructures and outright releases of other players. I don't know how those cap hits would flesh out either. That, again, is a tricky thing to understand.

If one of those TEs (Eifert, Ertz) fell to the 2nd there, I'd take either of them over the RB. In fact, I'd use FA on a RB as an emergency backup behind Richardson and Pead. Or Chris Ivory (ahem) as part of a nice rotation. Unfortunately, as you said, you'd NEED to relieve yourself of Jackson's salary to make a move on a guy like Byrd.

A few people have mocked O-linemen with the first two picks. I'm neither 100% for, or 100% against that. I guess it just makes sense to do it, but I don't see the Rams doing it. I think they're looking for more explosiveness on offense, and that might shape their draft board. But if they can achieve that in the later rounds, and still add some beef up front, I'd be pretty okay with it. Really okay with it, actually.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
Yup, hypocrite...mocks are silly but fun to do/read. Mine is a mix of what I want and what I think will really happen.

Here we go...

Cut/don't resign: Steve Smith, Darian Stewart, Craig Dahl, Bradley Fletcher, Barry Richardson, Wayne Hunter, and...Steven Jackson. :sick: :=:)

Free Agency...

Jairus Byrd, FS, Bills. I want one top FA signing, w/ the Bills changing schemes/coaches, there's a chance Jairus Byrd will leave and sign somewhere else.

byrd.jpg

Delanie Walker, TE, 49ers. This dude is underrated...plus like Goldson it weakens a division rvial a bit. He could leave considering SB teams usually have FA leaving.

Alternate option: Jared Cook, Jr. Most ppl assume he's coming here b/c of the Fisher connection...I don't. Cook is basically Kendricks...and there's already a Kendricks here.

Daryl Smith, OLB, Jaguars. Like Walker, he's underrated. Older vet, but better stop gap.

Alternate option: Drafting a guy early (which would freak up my mock draft).

2013 Draft....

1b. D.J. Fluker, RT, Alabama. Oh hell yeah, just drafting the damn Bama line, OL = complete. :box: :box:

091212_fluker_dj_001.jpg

2. Joseph Randle, RB, Oklahoma State. This is just who I want, I think he can really be good.

3. Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia. Have him develop behind Quinitin/Jairus...this way both depth and future starter solved in one.

114199-650-366.jpg

4. Honeybadger, CB, LSU. I don't give a shyte. W/ Fletcher likely leaving, there's a need for depth + a bigger need for KR/PR. Honeybadger fills both.

2013 Rams Starters:

Offense:

Rodger Saffold, Chance Warmack, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, D.J. Fluker, Delanie Walker

Defense:

Janoris Jenkins, Quintin Mikell, Jairus Byrd, Cortland Finnegan (w/ Rambo playing more as the season goes on.)

Boom.

I would absolutely love this Draft/Plan if you could draft the best available WR in the 2nd round instead of RB Randle and re-sign Steven Jackson!

Angry Ram

Ivory is a good back, just hurt alot. Might as well use Daryl Richardson more, they are basically the same type of player.

Now some draft places say Fluker could be there in the 2nd, in which case w/ the 22nd pick I would pick one of the WRs (probably Keenan Allen). Which means buh-bye to either Gibby or Pettis.

Warmack, Allen, Fluker, Honeybadger. Now that would be awesome.

Angry Ram

paceram said:
Angry Ram said:

Here we go...

Free Agency...

byrd.jpg

Alternate option: Drafting a guy early (which would freak up my mock draft).

2013 Draft....

091212_fluker_dj_001.jpg

114199-650-366.jpg

4. Honeybadger, CB, LSU. I don't give a shyte. W/ Fletcher likely leaving, there's a need for depth + a bigger need for KR/PR. Honeybadger fills both.

2013 Rams Starters:

Offense:

Defense:

Boom.

I would absolutely love this Draft/Plan if you could draft the best available WR in the 2nd round instead of RB Randle and re-sign Steven Jackson!

I thought about WR (Allen) but really what will it benefit? Just adds more to the log jam, and we already got one uber raw guy w/ Brian Quick developing plus semi raw guy Chris Givens, and another rookie would just make it tougher.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
paceram said:

I'm with pace.

RESTRUCTURES:
- I don't see Mikell restructuring; it's too big of a nut and he's either here or released IMO.

- Same with Dahl. In his case, he probably feels a little leverage based on our overall OL situation. Plus, I haven't heard the cap benefit yet if Dahl was cut. (With Mikell, we know... but maybe I've missed Dahl's numbers.)

- Bradford, maybe next year as part of an extension?... but not for restructuring sake. I just don't see why he'd do it otherwise.

I love these mock offseasons! Good job Angry!

Angry Ram

CGI_Ram said:
paceram said:

I'm with pace.

RESTRUCTURES:
- I don't see Mikell restructuring; it's too big of a nut and he's either here or released IMO.

- Same with Dahl. In his case, he probably feels a little leverage based on our overall OL situation. Plus, I haven't heard the cap benefit yet if Dahl was cut. (With Mikell, we know... but maybe I've missed Dahl's numbers.)

- Bradford, maybe next year as part of an extension?... but not for restructuring sake. I just don't see why he'd do it otherwise.

I love these mock offseasons! Good job Angry!

Thanks dude. I'll say it, IDK what how the hell cap and restructuring works...I just took the 3 biggest guys that can still play w/ high dollar, and would like them to restructure, just to get some cap room.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't go after a WR in this draft or FA. Also, restructures for Dahl and Mikell are extremely unlikely. Not much to do there with either.

As for Walker, love his athleticism but he has some painful drops. SF would have beat us if he catches that easy TD to ice the game in the 2nd match-up.

I'd take a WR over Randle but that's JMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
I'd be a bit disappointed if we didn't go after a WR in this draft or FA. Also, restructures for Dahl and Mikell are extremely unlikely. Not much to do there with either.

As for Walker, love his athleticism but he has some painful drops. SF would have beat us if he catches that easy TD to ice the game in the 2nd match-up.

RE: Walker's drops... SO FREAKING TRUE. Dude has horrible hands - at least he did in 2012.

Angry Ram

jrry32 said:

Problem then is another rookie developing. There's already 2 of those. Plus w/ the log jam of Amendola/Gibby/Pettis you would have to get rid of at least 1 of those guys.

If there is any addition @ WR by the draft it just creates more developing time. Which is fine, for 1 or 2 guys but 3? If there was an addition, I'd see a veteran, and getting rid of Gibby/Pettis. And honestly, there is not one that could be any real longterm upgrade than what is already here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:

Problem then is another rookie developing. There's already 2 of those. Plus w/ the log jam of Amendola/Gibby/Pettis you would have to get rid of at least 1 of those guys.

If there is any addition @ WR by the draft it just creates more developing time. Which is fine, for 1 or 2 guys but 3? If there was an addition, I'd see a veteran, and getting rid of Gibby/Pettis. And honestly, there is not one that could be any real longterm upgrade than what is already here.

Gibby is a FA. It's up in the air if he stays. As for rookies developing, that's betting that Quick will develop. Gotta hedge your bets. Don't want another year of Sam having an underwhelming corp.

What's the worst that happens? Quick develops and we have too many good WRs?

As for the other WR creating more developing time...not really. Pick the right guy and he can offer 600 to 900 yards receiving(maybe more) and steady/improving play. With Givens continuing to develop and Amendola, that would be more than enough for next year.

But the draft is about the future. Not 2013. You take a guy because of what he'll offer for the next 5 years...not the next year. Gotta take that long term approach. And for the Rams, adding another talented young WR is a need and would be a great positive.

Angry Ram

jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:

Gibby is a FA. It's up in the air if he stays. As for rookies developing, that's betting that Quick will develop. Gotta hedge your bets. Don't want another year of Sam having an underwhelming corp.

What's the worst that happens? Quick develops and we have too many good WRs?

As for the other WR creating more developing time...not really. Pick the right guy and he can offer 600 to 900 yards receiving(maybe more) and steady/improving play. With Givens continuing to develop and Amendola, that would be more than enough for next year.

But the draft is about the future. Not 2013. You take a guy because of what he'll offer for the next 5 years...not the next year. Gotta take that long term approach. And for the Rams, adding another talented young WR is a need and would be a great positive.

Didn't realize Gibby was a FA, and I haven't been a big a fan of him in the past, but I think he improved enough to resign. Plus he has some chemistry w/ Sam.

Sure the best case is everyone develops, but its unlikely. Especially a 2nd round WR.

You have to win games now and build at the same time. I just think adding another WR by the draft (since there isn't a Julio Jones/A.J. Green/Blackmon/Bryant) guy, I really don't want to see another rookie in the mix.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
Didn't realize Gibby was a FA, and I haven't been a big a fan of him in the past, but I think he improved enough to resign. Plus he has some chemistry w/ Sam.

Sure the best case is everyone develops, but its unlikely. Especially a 2nd round WR.

You have to win games now and build at the same time. I just think adding another WR by the draft (since there isn't a Julio Jones/A.J. Green/Blackmon/Bryant) guy, I really don't want to see another rookie in the mix.

So we're betting that the 2nd round WR we draft won't develop but Quick, a 2nd round WR, will? Seems like a pretty contradictory stance.

I don't think you need a one of those guys to get a productive young WR. Torrey Smith, T.Y. Hilton, Chris Givens, etc. were all productive as rookies. Smith has continued to develop. We'll see about Hilton and Givens.

But drafting a WR like Markus Wheaton or Da'Rick Rogers or DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd round will help us win now and in the future...imo more than Joseph Randle.

I think Sam absolutely needs it. Whether or not he's a rookie, we need a guy who can win 1 on 1 match-ups. Givens finally provided us that type of threat on the outside last year...we need another.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:

So we're betting that the 2nd round WR we draft won't develop but Quick, a 2nd round WR, will? Seems like a pretty contradictory stance.

I don't think you need a one of those guys to get a productive young WR. Torrey Smith, T.Y. Hilton, Chris Givens, etc. were all productive as rookies. Smith has continued to develop. We'll see about Hilton and Givens.

But drafting a WR like Markus Wheaton or Da'Rick Rogers or DeAndre Hopkins in the 2nd round will help us win now and in the future...imo more than Joseph Randle.

I think Sam absolutely needs it. Whether or not he's a rookie, we need a guy who can win 1 on 1 match-ups. Givens finally provided us that type of threat on the outside last year...we need another.
For what it's worth, I want them to add two receivers ever year via any method available to them. You can't really produce a top tier unit without some level of competition at the position in camp.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree to an extent. Would be down with a 2nd round pick like Wheaton, Hopkins, Rogers, etc. and then a UDFA/late rounder like Jasper Collins from Mount Union or Martel Moore from NIU. Both intrigue me as small school sleepers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
I agree to an extent. Would be down with a 2nd round pick like Wheaton, Hopkins, Rogers, etc. and then a UDFA/late rounder like Jasper Collins from Mount Union or Martel Moore from NIU. Both intrigue me as small school sleepers.
Any way you wanna do it, brudda. Just do it.
2nd round, 4th round, 7th round, UDFA, FA, walk-on, whatever.

Angry Ram

jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:

No need for 2 developing rooks. One is enough. Again, better to get veteran in that case to replace Gibby/Pettis. And there's no available veteran that will be a huge upgrade.