Andrew Whitworth expected to sign with LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
who besides Faulk was better?
I don't have my top 5 all time Free Agent Rams signings sorted at the moment.

I won't argue that Faulk should be rated #1 overall.

Offensive lineman will never get the press that a super star skill position player will if they perform at a high level on their new team.

QB, RB, WR, TE...

Just glad we were able to sign big Whit and hoping he gets his ring this year.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't have my top 5 all time Free Agent Rams signings sorted at the moment.

I won't argue that Faulk should be rated #1 overall.

Offensive lineman will never get the press that a super star skill position player will if they perform at a high level on their new team.

QB, RB, WR, TE...

Just glad we were able to sign big Whit and hoping he gets his ring this year.
Faulk was a trade, not a FA.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Chris Clayborn and Drew Bennett were our best moves ever!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
who besides Faulk was better?
As was pointed out, Faulk was a trade, but Whit & Woods back to back, were probably the best duo ever brought in during the same FA period.

Of course all time have to think about Mike "The Tackle" Jones. And Todd Collins was a very underated signing.

Then also Adam Timmerman. Also Warner, if he counts since he was a FA who was on another NFL roster at one time, but really came off the scrap heap so he is not exactly in the same category in terms of first wave FA.

So a quick review of the best i can think of.

Whit
Timmerman
Woods
Jones
Ray Agnew

Best of the rest

Suh
William Hayes
Danny Amendola
Amp Lee
Brandon Loyd
Todd Collins
John Sullivan

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Faulk was a trade, not a FA.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Chris Clayborn and Drew Bennett were our best moves ever!
Correct @Juggs

Lazy reply by me to @dang

Faulk was traded for a second- and fifth-round pick.

Top 5 Free Agent signings for the Rams is not a typical topic on this board.

Do you have a Top 5 list?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
As was pointed out, Faulk was a trade, but Whit & Woods back to back, were probably the best duo ever brought in during the same FA period.

Of course all time have to think about Mike "The Tackle" Jones. And Todd Collins was a very underated signing.

Then also Adam Timmerman. Also Warner, if he counts since he was a FA who was on another NFL roster at one time, but really came off the scrap heap so he is not exactly in the same category in terms of first wave FA.

So a quick review of the best i can think of.

Whit
Timmerman
Woods
Jones
Ray Agnew

Best of the rest

Suh
William Hayes
Danny Amendola
Amp Lee
Brandon Loyd
Todd Collins
John Sullivan
Great job making the list... but I am amazed it is so short!

Thought that in the long history of the Rams, there would be more names than this as candidates for "best FA pickups"

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Really don't think it should be separated. Makes for only half the story, kinda.
They're both acquisitions of Veteran players.

Kind of true @CoachAllred but trading for players using draft capital vs signing unrestricted Free Agents using salary cap dollars is an entirely team building strategy.

The Rams have made some wild trades in recent years and their free agent signings are in a different realm when you compare the two.

I get what you meant though.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Great job making the list... but I am amazed it is so short!

Thought that in the long history of the Rams, there would be more names than this as candidates for "best FA pickups"
Actually i forgot a good one... Will Witherspoon.

Unfortunately the good ones they signed during the 13 yrs of darkness are hard to remember, but probably a few more lone bright spots in there.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This thread is over 4 years old and the value of big Whit hasn't changed.

Andrew is fighting for a SB ring and he's not quitting until he gets one. He has this year and next year to cash in.

If he gets one this year, he will likely retire. I still don't count him out for next year though.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Faulk was the NFL Gods righting the Dickerson and Bettis trades made by the Rams. FYI…NFL gods you still owe us one!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow must be a boring off season. Digging up what 4 year old threads and rating posts after the fact?

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Wow, the Rams have made surprisingly few big impact FA signings over the years.
Whit and Woods may be the 2 best.
They have had more success with trades.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
An incredible FA signing. No team bats a thousand but hitting on a guy like Whit was and still is a grand slam.

I pray the Rams get this guy a Super Bowl championship to cap his career.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think Leonard Floyd should be mentioned. He played very solid for us. He's tremendous at setting the edge and also working off of Donald.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we had won the Superbowl last year, I wonder if Whitworth would have come back for this season?