And then there were 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
[tweet]319133147155554306[/tweet]

He was a gonner anyway...but it leaves the team w/ only 3 "true" WRs: Brian Quick, Chris Givens, Austin Pettis.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
WOW! It seems not so long ago the Rams had such a array of promising WRs. Now for there to only be three is crazy. No doubt they draft at least one and pick up a half dozen from UDFAs.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They refer to him as former " NY Giant WR " ... but can somebody help me out here -

Who did Smith play for last year again ? My memory seems to be failing me on this one.
:hehe:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Selassie I said:
They refer to him as former " NY Giant WR " ... but can somebody help me out here -

Who did Smith play for last year again ? My memory seems to be failing me on this one.

He may have worn our colors, but he certainly didn't play for us.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
bluecoconuts said:
Selassie I said:

He may have worn our colors, but he certainly didn't play for us.

Took the words right off my keyboard. It really does show the measure of faith that our FO has for the youngsters. Me? I am not so sure. I expect Snisher to pick up a wiley vet at some point before the season gets started.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know what would be REALLY cool?

If we could solve our fucking wideout problem once and for all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Dude said:

Yeah but Steve Smith is now off the market. :sly:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Dude said:

#16 and #48 for Fitzy. Done...and.....done.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Victor Cruz hasn't signed with the Giants yet has he? I like him for #16 overall better than I like Austin or Patterson.

ETA- I know it's a pipe dream as we have no cap room

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Dude said:

tumblr_lrmwhmy17G1qe3fl9.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Faceplant said:
The Dude said:

Where do i sign? And who's drink do i need to drug at Cardinals central to pull this off?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
mojorizen7 said:
Faceplant said:
The Dude said:

If we could solve our freaking wideout problem once and for all.

Where do i sign? And who's drink do i need to drug at Cardinals central to pull this off?

Fitzgerald would be nice his paycheck how ever would hurt

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
mojorizen7 said:
Faceplant said:
The Dude said:

No way I'd make that trade.Fitz will be 30 by the time next season starts. Bad things happen to WRs after 30

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
The Dude said:

But then the result would be taking at least one daily thread about our receiver problems off the ROD board. Then, I couldn't "maximize" my post count, and move up in the "Rankings." :sly:

Seriously though, it would be nice to put that topic to rest for about 5-6 years.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
MontanaRamsFan said:
The Dude said:

If we could solve our freaking wideout problem once and for all.

But then the result would be taking at least one daily thread about our receiver problems off the ROD board. Then, I couldn't "maximize" my post count, and move up in the "Rankings." :sly:

Seriously though, it would be nice to put that topic to rest for about 5-6 years.

We could then subsequently change it out for a thread about how awesome they are lol

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The Dude said:

That would be awesome, but how do we do that starting with 3 very inexperienced guys? It doesn't make sense to draft 2 or 3 guys at that position, we'd be way too young there. We have to sign a free agent or 2, don't we?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I read the Rams have high hopes for Raymond Radway and Nick Johnson... and one could argue Jared Cook was among the best "pass catchers" in FA.

But agree; it's time to solve the WR problem on this team!

bluecoconuts

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
I read the Rams have high hopes for Raymond Radway and Nick Johnson... and one could argue Jared Cook was among the best "pass catchers" in FA.

Nick Johnson has been working pretty hard apparently... Earlier in the offseason when people were sad over loosing Amendola and Gibson, he tweeted:

[tweet]311995948014395393[/tweet]

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
bluecoconuts said:
CGI_Ram said:

Nick Johnson has been working pretty hard apparently... Earlier in the offseason when people were sad over loosing Amendola and Gibson, he tweeted:

[tweet]311995948014395393[/tweet]

Would be nice to have a hidden gem show up

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
We're always going to have a problem area - we did have many - D-line, O-line, CB, WR etc... Snead and Fisher have fixed a number of those, even though our depth is paper thin at the moment, but what they have done is bring in QUALITY not quantity.

Firstly, They've brought Jared Cook in this offseason, for a huge paycheck on his previous production - lets be honest he was not posting similar numbers to the elite TE's Witten, Gronk, Gonzalez, Graham etc - his production as a pass catcher was on a par with our very own Kendiricks. So, reading between the lines, Fisher expects. IMO, Fisher expects Cook to fill in the "security blanket" catches that Amendola did, he's not a blocking TE, so he's going to be used as a pass-catcher primarily. He's going to have to earn his keep!

Secondly, They (the FO) brought in this guy called Long to help sure up our O-line, giving Sam that second longer in the pocket without interference, giving our WO corps a second or two to get open. Again, huge paycheck, he's going to have to live up to the hype.

Thirdly, last year's draft picks included 2 under the radar Wide Outs, Quick and Givens... I'll deal with Givens first: This guy delivered - a 96th pick in the 2012 draft, learning a new offence playing alongside Danny Amendola and Brandon Gibson, he still managed to pull in 698 yards and 3 touchdowns. IMO this guy was an A+ draft pick for us and lets not forget he posted a 4.4 time in the 40yds at the combine and a shade over 6' - this guy is here for a few years.

and now to Brian Quick, I think the expectation on him this year is HUGE! We've all head Snead talk about his comparison to Vincent Jackson but to be honest I'd rather he wasnt such a slow burner Jackson only pulled in 450yds in his second year, 600 in his third. My hope is Sherman's comparison:

"I see a lot of similarities to Terrell Owens," Sherman told Yahoo! Sports. "The way the kid goes and gets the ball, the physicality, the desire ... he has a chance to be special, no doubt."

Owens shot up to 900+ yards n his second year. What I'd like to see from Quick this year is a better reception % and ideally 600-700 yards

Finally, I'm keeping the faith in Snead and Fisher, I really do think these guys know what they're doing, Quick may not be ready to be a #2 this year, but he sure better improve to the levels of Gibson of last year.

My prediction, I see us picking up 2 WR's in the draft, one in the 2nd round (Woods) one in the 6th (Kaufman) both guys are polished products with good football brains - not your all singing all dancing media-loved WRs but I think they would compliment our WR by committee - IMO Woods has the potential to be a #2 WR from day 1.

But whoever the FO chooses, I think our WO corps are improving :yeh: